How much work is it to install a larger throttle body?

Drivetrain upgrades, engine upgrades, or any other mods to gain speed or acceleration.

Moderator: Modsquad

Valiant
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2015
Color: White

Re: How much work is it to install a larger throttle body?

Post by Valiant »

Suppose I'll keep that in mind for the clutch, because if I can get this trans issue sorted out and the throttle body installed, I'll definitely go back to that KN Planning Torque Driver.
Valiant
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Valiant »

Well, got my variator holding tool in today. That's good.

Only problem is trying to find some time to work on it in between classes, work, assignments, quizzes, and studying for my next exam.
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

Valiant wrote:Well, got my variator holding tool in today. That's good.

Only problem is trying to find some time to work on it in between classes, work, assignments, quizzes, and studying for my next exam.
Very few will earn a livable livelihood fixing scooters.....focus on the studies!
You'll eventually earn enough to hire some other bloke to fix your wheels.
Fish
Valiant
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Valiant »

I wouldn't say money is the big limiting issue. I could afford to buy a brand new CB300F right now, just that I wouldn't have anyplace to stick the PCX.

I also had my PCX die on idle today at a stop light. It typically does that maybe once a month, so the idle isn't completely stable in its current state. Not sure if that's because the larger throttle body isn't installed.

At this point, even if my transmission fix goes well, I'm not entirely sure it would be worth any further investment in time and money to try and get this thing running right, either by completing the install or swapping back to stock.
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

Forza 300 throttle body looks indentical to early Pcx and yuminashi tb. The only diff is and man,this was just for you but bit late valiant, it's operated via double cable just like your new pcx one, so it seems it would have been a straight swap for 34mm tb! That would have been an upgrade...