How to remove the speed limiter?

Drivetrain upgrades, engine upgrades, or any other mods to gain speed or acceleration.

Moderator: Modsquad

Valiant
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2015
Color: White

Re: How to remove the speed limiter?

Post by Valiant »

outlander wrote:
sendler2112 wrote:I posted a link.
Sorry I meant how are they installed?
Here's a video(when it's done processing):

Don't mind the rambling. If you're not doing anything with the clutch, you don't have to go to that step. The video cuts off just before I pop the nut off the clutch.

Tools you'll need are:
-Impact driver(highly recommended).
-8mm, 10mm sockets to access the transmission case. Recommend 1/4 inch drive.
-Ratchet tool with a 1/4 drive and extension piece to reach the deep long bolt in the middle of the transmission case.
-22mm socket for the large nut on the variator.
-#2 Philips screwdriver, preferably a better quality one than what you can get at a local hardware store.
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

Valiant wrote:
outlander wrote:
sendler2112 wrote:I posted a link.
Sorry I meant how are they installed?
Here's a video(when it's done processing):

Don't mind the rambling. If you're not doing anything with the clutch, you don't have to go to that step. The video cuts off just before I pop the nut off the clutch.

Tools you'll need are:
-Impact driver(highly recommended).
-8mm, 10mm sockets to access the transmission case. Recommend 1/4 inch drive.
-Ratchet tool with a 1/4 drive and extension piece to reach the deep long bolt in the middle of the transmission case.
-22mm socket for the large nut on the variator.
-#2 Philips screwdriver, preferably a better quality one than what you can get at a local hardware store.
You only needed a can of degreaser and spray clean the variator, pulley, boss, clutch bell, belt, rear pulley and the housing to remove dust and dirt build up...no polishing or greasing anywhere except if you disassemble the rear torque driver than in that case you need to top up grease but just a little like a small amount on your finger tip placing it in to the pin slot slids.
Also don't put the trans gear on to the dirt or ground, keep it clear of any contaminats that stuff needs to be treated like a open heart surgery.
outlander
Regular User
Regular User

Post by outlander »

Does the ncy variator have a negative effect on mpg?
Valiant
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Valiant »

outlander wrote:Does the ncy variator have a negative effect on mpg?
By itself? Not much.

It largely depends on the weights in the variator. Lighter weights = higher rpms and thus faster acceleration. It would also mean higher rpms at low speeds. Higher rpms also means more fuel consumption.

One unavoidable fact is that more power and more acceleration are typically gained at the expense of burning more fuel. You could take a look at the mpg figures on a 600cc supersport to see my point on that.
sendler2112
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013 PCX150

Post by sendler2112 »

Even the lightest weights are locked all the way out by 50 mph so if your cruise speed is above this, the longer gearing from the NCY variator will give improved fuel economy.