Sold the FORZA for a new Burgman

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: Sold the FORZA for a new Burgman

Post by Pcxdemon »

gn2 wrote:
Pcxdemon wrote:I assumed you're stating from first hand experience...
But as usual full of wisdom but no actual experience in any of it.
Maybe you'd like to share with us why having to remove the camshafts on the Burger makes it an easier job?
Come on, share your first hand experiences with us.
I don't have a burger so I can say how easy or hard it's to work on it or Forza for that matter. I'd rather abstain than throw my two cents that i just read somewhere from someone else on www that may have no idea what he/they are talking about. If I haven't touched it then I'll stay silent...
DioTiAma
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013 NSS300A
Color: Seal Silver

Post by DioTiAma »

"Fish", you bought a grey scooter...? How come...? It's a lame color! Apart from the fun part, i hope you'll have lots and safe kilometers (or miles) mate. Enjoy you bike. I really like it.
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: ...

Post by Pcxdemon »

DioTiAma wrote:"Fish", you bought a grey scooter...? How come...? It's a lame color! Apart from the fun part, i hope you'll have lots and safe kilometers (or miles) mate. Enjoy you bike. I really like it.
What ?! Grey is the nicest colour, my Pcx has it and I never get sick of looking at it.. :)
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

But the thing is, I do know what I'm talking about because despite what you may think, there are ways of acquiring knowledge apart from "first hand experience" of working on a particular model.
I've had bikes with ohv, sohc, dohc, single, twin, triple, four and six cylinder, two, three and four valves per cylinder, sprung valves and desmo valves, underbucket shims, overbucket shims and screw and locknut.
So I know about how valve clearances are adjusted, what the adjustment methods are and how difficult it is to do yourself when underbucket shims are involved and you don't have access to a full shim kit.
Oh, nearly forgot I've had two-strokes as well.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

Back on subject, even though my Burgman was an older one (2006), they still had to take the same items off in order to adjust my valves. The panels come off much easier on a Burgman. They use what I would call buttons, because I have no idea now what they are called. They look like that thing that holds the battery door on the pcx. They are all over the Burgman, and it takes very little time to get to much of anything on it. I watched as the mechanic disassembled mine and adjusted my valves in 30 minutes. You can tell me that it can't be done in that time, but I watched him do it. Both my Burgman and my wife's pcx went in at the same time. The mechanic that got my bike told the other mechanic that he felt sorry for him because of how easy the Burgman is to get to and how difficult the pcx was. True enough, he was done way before the pcx was so my wife hopped on the back of my Burgman while hers was still being worked on and we went out for coffee. Granted, it may take a little longer on the new ones, but it isn't as hard to get to as the pcx. I hope these video links help. There may not be sound because the guy that usually does these videos is deaf, so he doesn't speak well.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qW47m1sde4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jnYT1xMFpY
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Look back and read more carefully.
I have only commented on the model of Burgman bought by Fish.
Your older Burger is screw and locknut.
Completely different to the current model which has underbucket shims.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
Mister_Fube
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014
Color: white

Post by Mister_Fube »

Good luck with the Burgman and safe riding. Personally, I have very much benefited from your contribution to this forum. Thanks!

[URL=http://www.fuelly.com/motorcycle/honda/nss300a_forza_abs/2014/mrfube/330690]Image
mikecalderone
Regular User
Regular User

Post by mikecalderone »

Fish,
I still have a 2005 Burgman 650 and love it. It is the KING of scooters, the best.
Also owned a 2009 Burgman 400 and it is not far behind the 650.

Good luck with your 400, it is a nice bike.
My Rides:
2017 Suzuki Burgman 650 Executive
2015 Honda CTX700ND

Previous Rides:
2014 Honda Forza 300
2005 Suzuki Burgman 650
2009 Burgman 400
2006 Kawasaki Nomad 1600
2005 Kawasaki Mean Streak 1500
2003 Honda VT750
1992 Honda elite
1986 Kawasaki KZ600 inline 4
1979 Honda CL350
1977 Honda SL125
Walrus
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Walrus »

Mr. Fish, I have enjoyed reading your posts and learning from your experience. I have been considering a Burgman 650 for sometime myself and hope to test ride one soon. There's not a whole lot of bikes out there I haven't tried but the Burg. I still have my old Harley for when I want to hit the highway (not to often these days), and my Forza to zip about town. I'm hoping that a Burg would do everything well enough that one ride would do all. But then again, if it is a bit heavy for zipping around, maybe I could get a PCX too :D ? (if my wife doesn't strangle me 1st). :o
Happy scooting!
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

DioTiAma wrote:"Fish", you bought a grey scooter...? How come...? It's a lame color! Apart from the fun part, i hope you'll have lots and safe kilometers (or miles) mate. Enjoy you bike. I really like it.
Thanks Dio!
Yes, my ONLY color choices were: (a) "Grey Clouds Over A Back Street In Paris - over - Michelin Skid Marks On A Wall In Madrid Black".

Or (b) "Skidding City Grips On A Baker's Wall In Berlin Flat Black".

I went with "Paris/Madrid"

THIS will be sorely missed! Ferrari Red with Honda Wax. Fish
But what are you going to do? (FYI: lots of good DIY on the rarely needed bucket & shims Valve Procedure via the Burg forum. Already have the shim set - never used on the Forza. 3 or 4 yrs I will get to try it! ;) )
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

fish wrote:
Thanks Dio!
Yes, my ONLY color choices were: (a) "Grey Clouds Over A Back Street In Paris - over - Michelin Skid Marks On A Wall In Madrid Black".

Or (b) "Skidding City Grips On A Baker's Wall In Berlin Flat Black".

I went with "Paris/Madrid"

THIS will be sorely missed! Ferrari Red with Honda Wax. Fish
But what are you going to do? (FYI: lots of good DIY on the rarely needed bucket & shims Valve Procedure via the Burg forum. Already have the shim set - never used on the Forza. 3 or 4 yrs I will get to try it! ;) )

You must polish it before you take a photograph?
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

Walrus, I would consider riding the 400 before the 650 because the 650 is a cruiser. You can easily take it across this country on freeways. The Burgman 400, however, is an all around bike. You can ride it comfortably on main roads, freeways, city streets, and everywhere in between, except narrow streets in older cities or alleys that are narrow by their nature. I traded down from my Burgman 400 because the PCX 150 is so good intown, and that is where we spend most of our riding time.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers