Seat scratches easily with shoes

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

kar120c
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015 Forza 300
Color: White

Seat scratches easily with shoes

Post by kar120c »

Sometimes I can't get down or up my Forza without touching the seat with my shoes and each time I leave a scratch I can't remove with normal washing.
All this happens with soft rubber shoes. Anyone knoes a safe way to clean these scratches?
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Re: Seat scratches easily with shoes

Post by gn2 »

If material from the shoe is added to the seat you should be able to get it off one way or another, but if material is removed from the seat cover by the shoe, the scratches are permanent.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Hi kar120c :) Welcome
Hmm...first thing that came to mind was, Boots. Try some boots, they tend to have higher heels. That might help you get your leg up over on and, up over off. I'm guessing you're on the shorter height side (me too), that's why you're leaving skid marks. Giving yourself a tad more height might just do the trick.

Now I ask you a favor :D .... Please help us to help you by going to your profile and answering a few more questions. Those being your location, year of scoot (Forza ____), and yes the color of that beautiful beast ;) I have some simple directions to follow right below this post.

Oh, and about those skiddy marks on yer saddle? I bet someone here knows the fix, Wait for it ;)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
kar120c
Regular User
Regular User

Post by kar120c »

WhiteNoise wrote:Hi kar120c :) Welcome
Hmm...first thing that came to mind was, Boots. Try some boots, they tend to have higher heels. That might help you get your leg up over on and, up over off. I'm guessing you're on the shorter height side (me too), that's why you're leaving skid marks. Giving yourself a tad more height might just do the trick.

Now I ask you a favor :D .... Please help us to help you by going to your profile and answering a few more questions. Those being your location, ITALY, La Spezia year of scoot (Forza 300 2015____), and yes the color of that beautiful beast WHITE ;) I have some simple directions to follow right below this post.

Oh, and about those skiddy marks on yer saddle? I bet someone here knows the fix, Wait for it ;)
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Nicely Done! :P Got Boots? :D
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Mister Paul
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014

Post by Mister Paul »

Do you swing your leg over the seat or sit on the seat and swing them round in front of you?
stryder123
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 forza
Color: Red

Post by stryder123 »

armorall protectant. It is a spray cleaner protectant. Gets rid of those scuffs and helps keep from getting new ones. armoralldotcom
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Thought about your seat scuff marks.
You remember that bald head guy Mr. Clean? He makes a "Magic Eraser" that seriously works magic! ;)
No mess no fuss. Just a little Magic pad and a dash of water and it cleans numerous items including fabrics.
I found a link for you to read about this so you will be confident in trying it. Like most cleaners, I would test it in an inconspicuous spot first. I have faith it will work :P I clean my white sneakers from scuffs with a Magic Eraser and other stuff. Okay, no more chit chat from me, you can read more here: (good luck!)
http://household-tips.thefuntimesguide. ... aMc8IHD_qA
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Thought about your seat scuff marks.
You remember that bald head guy Mr. Clean? He makes a "Magic Eraser" that seriously works magic! ;)
No mess no fuss. Just a little Magic pad and a dash of water and it cleans numerous items including fabrics.
I found a link for you to read about this so you will be confident in trying it. Like most cleaners, I would test it in an inconspicuous spot first. I have faith it will work :P I clean my white sneakers from scuffs with a Magic Eraser and other stuff. Okay, no more chit chat from me, you can read more here: (good luck!)
http://household-tips.thefuntimesguide. ... aMc8IHD_qA
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Ah crap! That came up twice. Sorry bout that. Wanted to add that you shouldn't use any product on your seat where your butt makes contact. You don't want to be sliding to and fro...esp in a quick stop. Not good. My 2 cents
GeorgeSK
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 13PCX,15Forza
Color: Both Red

Post by GeorgeSK »

I have no smart solution for you, but would caution you about using Amour-All, Ultima Trim Guard, or whatever other vinyl/leather/plastic protectant. I used some on my PCX seat, and while it looked looked great, it was very, very slippery. I didn't loose the Admiral, but certainly took some heat. And when I braked hard, we both slid forward. Three months have passed, and the seat is still a bit slippery. i won't be doing that again.

Even soft rubber can cause a scuff. Try to clean it, but don't be so aggressive that you do more damage. Good luck,
On my scoot, getting there is WAY more than half the fun!

Please paste this address into a new tab and add yourself to the map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1NlP7xk7KMdJReQnm-iDhldFBdpQ&ll=4.995760578398276%2C0&z=2
but please, don't delete anybody, no matter how badly they deserve deleting :)
Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 18 300 xmax

Post by Jge64 »

Poorboys Natural look, matte finish, looks new, lasts a couple months. Slip free, been using it for years.
Glen
‘15 PCX build thread here:
https://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4640
Current: ‘18 XMAX 300 & ‘22 NAVI
kar120c
Regular User
Regular User

Post by kar120c »

Jge64 wrote:Poorboys Natural look, matte finish, looks new, lasts a couple months. Slip free, been using it for years.
I'ill try it.
Today washed my Forza for the first time with soap and sponge but tha seat scratches are still here
Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 18 300 xmax

Post by Jge64 »

I Messed up a gelcoat and a vinyl bolster surface using mr clean erasers...be careful, you scrub with them, and you'll scratch. Detailing sites claim mr eraser is equiv to 3600 wet dry paper.
Glen
‘15 PCX build thread here:
https://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4640
Current: ‘18 XMAX 300 & ‘22 NAVI
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Jge64 wrote:I Messed up a gelcoat and a vinyl bolster surface using mr clean erasers...be careful, you scrub with them, and you'll scratch. Detailing sites claim mr eraser is equiv to 3600 wet dry paper.

Excellent. What was the middle one again?