Yes i have a problem

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

Gnarg
Year: 2015
Color: Red

Yes i have a problem

Post by Gnarg »

So after i installed my new Givi Rack and V47 topcase i lasted about a day before not being able to tolerate the imperfections i created on the plastic center grab haddle cover you have to drill through to install the rack. (See last photo) After thinking about what might be a solution i decided that a dress washer if it could be had would be a perfect solution. Well good luck i thought finding a 20mm dress washer with the perfect outside diameter to cover the lip of the holes and not exceed the outer diameter of the front holes where the cover ends. After searching my local Lowes and Home depot i came across these washers at home depot which come in a ball package for delta and peerless faucets. They run about $2.50 each. They work perfect. You couldn't custom design one for this setup that fits more perfectly. Sometimes u just get lucky. If anyone elese out there is as anal as me about stuff like this (Yes i do have a problem) You might want to give these a try :D
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (182.64 KiB) Viewed 1600 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (180.68 KiB) Viewed 1600 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (242.77 KiB) Viewed 1600 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (169.44 KiB) Viewed 1600 times
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Re: Yes i have a problem

Post by fish »

Geez...that was a mess!
Nice f i n i s h!
Plus, all that walking thru Lowe's was good cardio!
Fish
Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 18 300 xmax
Color: White

Post by Jge64 »

very nice finish item....
Glen
‘15 PCX build thread here:
https://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4640
Current: ‘18 XMAX 300 & ‘22 NAVI
CelticCross
Year: 2011
Color: Gray

Post by CelticCross »

If you need help finding these washers, ask for SKU #429566
Gnarg

Post by Gnarg »

Yes Fish my drilling into plastic leaves a lot to be desired. Would have been easier with a drill press and the right bit. Even still if drilled with less plastic carnage u still might end up with a bit of rough edges around the 4 circle openings so for what these racks and cases cost Givi might think about providing a dress washer with the hardware. Just my 2 cents which is probably about what it would cost them to include four with their supplied hardware. I also purchased a second Forza center cover in case i ever want to return the scooter to its original setup without the rack.
Gnarg

Post by Gnarg »

CelticCross i was not able to find just the washer itself. Probably alot cheeper if u can. Heres the barcode from the part i purchased at HomeDepot if it helps anybody.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (283.38 KiB) Viewed 1585 times
Walrus
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Walrus »

I wish Honda would make the Forza topbox ready. Why in the world would they not just have pop out plugs, screws or a built in system for mounting a topbox? Having to drill holes to install this type item makes little sense to me. If they had any interest on selling accessories they would make them easy to bolt on. Any thoughts on that? BTW - brilliant improvising on the washers. If I decide to drill because I have on choice, I'm going to borrow your idea.
Walrus
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Walrus »

Also, are the Forza topbox installations sturdy enough for a passenger backrest? How about a pic of the whole box installed on the scooter?
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

Post by iceman »

Not sure if the new 125 Forza's are top-box friendly - the 2015 pcx's were.