Saving up for that BBK

Drivetrain upgrades, engine upgrades, or any other mods to gain speed or acceleration.

Moderator: Modsquad

Branyers
Regular User
Regular User

Saving up for that BBK

Post by Branyers »

So I am going to take the plunge. I have already every drivetrain mod known to man. But I want that little bit of extra punch and a better cruising top speed for long journeys. Instead of occasionally touching 75-80mph I want to more often be able to hit those speeds in the event that I need to. So instead of buying a Forza, which I would love to do, but finances do not permit, I am going the bbk route.

So can I get this done in a weekend, and what are some of the possible snags? I already have the Takegawa FICon2, so I know what it is like having to tear the bike down almost to the frame. There was a tutorial on this site. Can someone point me to that thread? It was very nicely done.
dasshreddar
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: forzaruckuspcx
Color: black

Re: Saving up for that BBK

Post by dasshreddar »

First off I would say keep saving for a Forza... My engine swap/err :? frame swap hauls ass, no pcx bbk would even come close. 8)

What model pcx do you have? It seems only the 2011 pcx 125 has been successful with the bbk.(pcxdemon , maddiedog).
But, if you go bbk keep us posted... even though I'm not going back to a 150+ I still would like to see someone here have a successful
bbk on a pcx 150 :)
Valiant
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2015
Color: White

Post by Valiant »

Indeed, what model is this?

Speaking from personal experience, the 2015 model has changes to both the throttle body and wiring that could complicate a BBK installation.

Unless you absolutely cannot operate a clutch, I would suggest saving up for an actual motorcycle. I was going for performance mods because I didn't want to sell the PCX and just buy a larger bike. Well, with all the money I sank into this in terms of parts, labor, and time wasted, I could have afforded a larger bike without even selling the PCX.
Branyers
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Branyers »

It's a 2013, KF12. Webike has the kit for this model, not sure why no one else has done it before me.
vamootsman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Post by vamootsman »

Just looked at the kits available from Webike, and I'm intrigued, but not overwhelmed. I had it in my head that getting the PCX up between 18 and 20hp would make it the Cat's Pajamas, but the chart shows no more the 16hp, and that may be speculative. Unless I'm mis-interpreting the chart.
2013 PCX 150 with,
Givi Tall Screen, and E370 Top Case
NCY Variator and Face Plate, 12 gram rollers
Takagawa Silent Oval Exhaust, K&N R1100 pod filter mod
YSS XL Rear Shock Absorbers Michelin City Grip 120/70 Front 140/70 Rear
2013 Honda CB500X with Rally Raid kit
2005 Piaggio X9 500 Evolution
1982 Honda CX500 Turbo
1983 Honda Nighthawk S
Reaper
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Reaper »

takegawa = 16hp at the wheel, proven and reliable. But, mpg rate isn't good, o2 sensor will be disconnected, so no of the closed loop effectiveness here.
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

Did you dyno yours reaper? What else do you run, 31mm throttle body, yuminashi cam?
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

vamootsman wrote:Just looked at the kits available from Webike, and I'm intrigued, but not overwhelmed. I had it in my head that getting the PCX up between 18 and 20hp would make it the Cat's Pajamas, but the chart shows no more the 16hp, and that may be speculative. Unless I'm mis-interpreting the chart.
A guy in japan that races Pcx has 170cc chameleon bbk with 31mm throttle and takegawa cam with 150 head puts out 18.7hp at the wheel..yuminashi cam would put it close to 20hp at the wheel..
Has dyno sheet runs on his blog..
vamootsman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Post by vamootsman »

Pcxdemon wrote:
vamootsman wrote:Just looked at the kits available from Webike, and I'm intrigued, but not overwhelmed. I had it in my head that getting the PCX up between 18 and 20hp would make it the Cat's Pajamas, but the chart shows no more the 16hp, and that may be speculative. Unless I'm mis-interpreting the chart.
A guy in japan that races Pcx has 170cc chameleon bbk with 31mm throttle and takegawa cam with 150 head puts out 18.7hp at the wheel..yuminashi cam would put it close to 20hp at the wheel..
Has dyno sheet runs on his blog..
Now that would be fun to play with!
2013 PCX 150 with,
Givi Tall Screen, and E370 Top Case
NCY Variator and Face Plate, 12 gram rollers
Takagawa Silent Oval Exhaust, K&N R1100 pod filter mod
YSS XL Rear Shock Absorbers Michelin City Grip 120/70 Front 140/70 Rear
2013 Honda CB500X with Rally Raid kit
2005 Piaggio X9 500 Evolution
1982 Honda CX500 Turbo
1983 Honda Nighthawk S