Forza NSS300/A

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Helenm12

Forza NSS300/A

Post by Helenm12 »

Hi Everyone, My Husband and I bought a forza for me to ride. I am 5'1 and 57 years old ( just to give you a little back ground) anyways, Bottom line is we need to lower it. I know it low that's why we bought it but even with my boots on I'm not touching the ground with flat feet. still tippy toes. I'm going to get better boots but what else can i do. I need advise cause we took it to a upholster yesterday and he said he could not do anything with the seat. Any suggestions? I just dont feel comfortable or confident without my feet flat on the ground.

Thanks
Helen
willajabir
Regular User
Regular User

Re: Forza NSS300/A

Post by willajabir »

Well now Helen, don't you wished you had listened to mom when she told you to eat your veggies!!!!!

Your inseam is the measurement that is important here. I am thinking you are very short compared to the Forza.
One inch reduction by going to a 60 profile tire instead of the 70. The MPH will show about 10% high.
Offset blocks for the rear shocks will reduce a bit.
Shorter shocks.
The seat can be narrowed a bit so your legs are closer together so your reach is better even though you are not actually lower.
edit: make sure the shocks on the rear are at the #1 position.
Larry
2014 NSS300E born on 12/11/13
May the Forza be with you

my Forza pics: http://tinyurl.com/o9hqc4o
Helenm12

Post by Helenm12 »

Thanks Larry. my inseam is 28 and i know the scooter is 28.2 i think . Do you have any ideas on how to narrow the seat. my husband was talking about shaving the frame of the seat ( I think that's what he said) but i have been reading about people putting different seats on all together. I'm kinda new at this but want to keep up . Oh and your right , I wish i did eat more veggies. Still not a big fan of them. lol
Helenm12

Post by Helenm12 »

Hey also I like your hand shields and leg shields. where did you order them. I wonder if they come in red or black. I already put the taller wind shield on. it really looks nice. took a few weeks (about 3 I think) but he put it on last night.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

willajabir wrote:One inch reduction by going to a 60 profile tire instead of the 70. The MPH will show about 10% high.
And it might screw up the ABS.
Manual clearly states only Dunlop Scootsmart tyre of the correct size should be used.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
willajabir
Regular User
Regular User

Post by willajabir »

Helenm12 wrote:Hey also I like your hand shields and leg shields. where did you order them. I wonder if they come in red or black. I already put the taller wind shield on. it really looks nice. took a few weeks (about 3 I think) but he put it on last night.
Went to Lowes (Hardware store) and bought some Lexan, used jig saw to cut and heat gun to bend the hand guards, drilled 2 holes and mounted with L bracket to mirrors.
Leg shields are just cutting mats from the kitchen. Bought them at the dollar store, cut with scissors. Placed bottom under the foot board and used velcro on the top to hold in place. A little emory cloth to remove coating and paint any color you want. Had them painted black for my black Burgman, but left these white. Can buy in many colors.

gn2,
My manual says on page 16 not to add anything not designed & made by Honda.
Larry
2014 NSS300E born on 12/11/13
May the Forza be with you

my Forza pics: http://tinyurl.com/o9hqc4o
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

That bit on page16 is just a legal disclaimer.
There's a good reason for keeping with the standard tyres on the A model.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Forza NSS300/A

Post by maddiedog »

Went ahead and moved this by request. ;)
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
Hoyt
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Hoyt »

You need the shocks spacer but dont know yet to find them online, its available in physical shops in bangkok.
You can lower the front fork also in same time

kar120c
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015 Forza 300
Color: White

Post by kar120c »

Many Forza in this forum has the rear mudguard removed and a new License plate holder installed.
I want to do this mod but I can't find what plate holder fits the Forza 300
SteveP
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014
Color: red

Post by SteveP »

Dumb reply maybe, but do you slide yourself forward to the front of the seat when you come to a stop? It's narrower there and may allow you to put your feet flat on the ground.