Forza 300 - worried I bought a lemon!

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Re: Forza 300 - worried I bought a lemon!

Post by homie »

LOL youyou... we don't make the gay connection with Harley over here but if you explained it in picture or video it would be funny i'm sure.

Walrus that's what Chief rides. I wish I could get comfortable on such a magnificent machine. "Chief says slight man does not look right on beasty bike" and we both want to know what this is?
Attachments
harley.jpg
harley.jpg (282.49 KiB) Viewed 1345 times
Z-Mac
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Z-Mac »

I bought mine last June , had many long trips with it and other then the fuel pump recall(which i personally never had any problems with) had zero issues. Just my two cents...
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Walrus wrote:Yes I know Harleys are old hat, but these big vibrating beasts have a type of riding fun that you really can't get on anything else, and they are so cool at bike night around the city. Scooters are a different breed of fun and I love them also. And ol "Miserable" on a scooter is calling riding a Harley gay?

That is pretty lovely tbh.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

you you wrote:
Walrus wrote:Yes I know Harleys are old hat, but these big vibrating beasts have a type of riding fun that you really can't get on anything else, and they are so cool at bike night around the city. Scooters are a different breed of fun and I love them also. And ol "Miserable" on a scooter is calling riding a Harley gay?

Shit I'm gay..
Walrus
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Walrus »

Looks like your bike was everything I thought mine would be.
tbln930
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 PCX 150
Color: Red

Post by tbln930 »

Harley riders dress like gay pirates.
2017 Kawasaki Versys X 300 ABS (Graphite) - 775 miles - Terry Adcox saddle, T-Rex skid, SW-Motech crash bars, Madstad windshield, Givi 30L top case, Ram X-Grip, thermometer, OEM center stand, OEM hand guards

2014 Suzuki V-Strom 1000 ABS Adventure (Candy Daring Red) - 8650 miles - too fast Givi Airflow WS, Givi V47 mount, Givi crash Bars, Givi skid plate, Ravetech GPS mount, USB power outlet, Easter Beaver Fuse box, Denali DR1 LEDs, MondoMoto LEDs, Tool Tube, Zumo 665 GPS, Cobra radar detector, Mobius HD camera

2013 Suzuki V-Strom 650 ABS Adventure (Metallic Thunder Gray) - Sold

2013 Honda PCX 150 (Candy Rose Red) - Sold

SECoda/tbln930
relic
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red white

Post by relic »

this forum got hijacked
but the comment about gay pirates
is just so true
tbln930
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by tbln930 »

I have the latest reliability statistics on motorcycles if you want them from CR and you are way better off with a Honda than a Harley or BMW for reliability. It is still a fact.
2017 Kawasaki Versys X 300 ABS (Graphite) - 775 miles - Terry Adcox saddle, T-Rex skid, SW-Motech crash bars, Madstad windshield, Givi 30L top case, Ram X-Grip, thermometer, OEM center stand, OEM hand guards

2014 Suzuki V-Strom 1000 ABS Adventure (Candy Daring Red) - 8650 miles - too fast Givi Airflow WS, Givi V47 mount, Givi crash Bars, Givi skid plate, Ravetech GPS mount, USB power outlet, Easter Beaver Fuse box, Denali DR1 LEDs, MondoMoto LEDs, Tool Tube, Zumo 665 GPS, Cobra radar detector, Mobius HD camera

SECoda/tbln930
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

tbln930 wrote:you are way better off with a Honda than a Harley or BMW for reliability. It is still a fact.
But within the Honda range there is a fair bit of variation.
Not all Hondas are super reliable.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
Walrus
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Walrus »

Great to hear your Forza is doing so well. Like I stated before, Honda is hit or miss these days, get a good one or a bad one. That's a quality control issue I believe, not design. You are smart to let the dealers practice up on other bikes. One thing I have learned is that the Forza is so new to the USA that few know anything about working on them in my area. The Honda shop broke my tail section changing the fuel pump and had to order me a new one, so that was yet another trip back to the shop I failed to mention.

My Forza looks great, handles great and runs great, just too many issues for my liking. I met a guy in town with an old Yamaha Morpheus 250 with 32,000 basically trouble free miles and still going. That's the type of service I hoped for.

Folks wanting to move up from a PCX to a Forza I think should consider even larger; Burgman, Majesty or if you must have a Honda then try a Silverwing. The Wing handles not much differently, just as easy to ride. I think the Forza feels a bit light and twitchy for freeway speeds. The wheel size may contribute to that feel. I will consider a Burgman Executive in the future. I haven't ridden a Burgman yet but I did try a Majesty 400 when I bought the Forza and found it just as easy to handle and fun to ride. The test bike had 3,000 miles on it so I bought the new Honda for its (yawn, shuffle, eye-roll) "legendary Honda reliability."
Walrus
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Walrus »

:D I don't understand the gay designation from anyone riding a scooter? That comment is presumptuous at best. Ever watch Sons of Anarchy? However, a good number of Harley riders with boots and do-rags on their heads look pretty silly, although their is a practical use for them. Also I wouldn't be caught dead in a pair of chaps. I think chaps make you look like your in the remake of an old episode of Bonanza. I enjoyed the looks I got when I use to ride my Yamaha Vino to the Harley shop. Having said that, I think most folks around here would be more inclined to question your sexual orientation on a scooter than on a Superglide :lol: :lol: . Can we talk about the scooters mechanical issues now?
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Walrus wrote::D I don't understand the gay designation from anyone riding a scooter? That comment is presumptuous at best. Ever watch Sons of Anarchy? However, a good number of Harley riders with boots and do-rags on their heads look pretty silly, although their is a practical use for them. Also I wouldn't be caught dead in a pair of chaps. I think chaps make you look like your in the remake of an old episode of Bonanza. I enjoyed the looks I got when I use to ride my Yamaha Vino to the Harley shop. Having said that, I think most folks around here would be more inclined to question your sexual orientation on a scooter than on a Superglide :lol: :lol: . Can we talk about the scooters mechanical issues now?

I wouldn't like to be caught in even one chap
tbln930
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by tbln930 »

You could have extended the warranty until the last day of the one year. Probably wise after a few issues.

Btw- i bought mine in December after the dealer did the recall. So far it has been flawless but i am contemplating the extended warranty if i keep it. The V-Strom is so good at everything the Forza can do, its hard to justify both.
Walrus wrote:I appreciate the optimism, but my understanding is that the warranty is only for 1 year! My year is up, now what?

SECoda/tbln930
Walrus
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Walrus »

The V Strom seems like a great bike. I understand what you mean. The V Strom covers so many bases so well, that I suppose it is difficult to justify another bike. When I bought the Forza I didn't think I would need any type of extended warranty on a Honda. I fully expected it to be trouble free, at least for 2,500 miles :? If I can get the Forza stable, I'll just ride the two bikes I have or at some point sell both and get a maxi-scooter of some kind. I'm not a spring chicken anymore.
tbln930
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by tbln930 »

There are a lot of us old farts on V-Stroms. They are easy and forgiving.

SECoda/tbln930
Walrus
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Walrus »

A Forza Sunday by the lake.
CelticCross
Year: 2011
Color: Gray

Post by CelticCross »

What is the approximate cost for the extended warrantee?

Thx
tbln930
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by tbln930 »

http://powersports.honda.com/protection ... eyear.aspx

Deadline
HondaCare Protection can prolong genuine Honda coverage, but it's only available while your new-vehicle warranty is still in effect. Check your paperwork carefully, because when your warranty expires, so does this offer.

SECoda/tbln930
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

you you wrote:
you you wrote:
Shit I'm gay..
you are?... Initially I thought a scooter forum would be flaming, what a disappointment. Chief says "Who knew it was the Harley forums" congratulations you are the first to come out, should we put a signature tally.
AustinPCX
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by AustinPCX »

Walrus wrote:I appreciate the optimism, but my understanding is that the warranty is only for 1 year! My year is up, now what?
I doubt you'll get your money's worth with an extended warranty but you might want to find a better service department.