Got a new 2014 Forza 300 and Added Accessories

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

StephenFlag
Year: 2014
Color: red

Got a new 2014 Forza 300 and Added Accessories

Post by StephenFlag »

I purchased my 2014 Forza 300 in October, and this is my first Spring riding this scooter. Almost immediately last fall I realized I would benefit from installing an aftermarket larger Givi windscreen and so far this has been a major plus addition. After much searching for an appropriate saddle bag set to increase cargo and utility space I found the Oxford 60 Panniers and purchased these. They are red like the bike. With a little bit of effort and adjusting straps above and below the seat, the Oxford panniers work very well. You need to be patient and think through your tie-off and strapping points when installing these. I think they also add some extra dimension and visual splash to the bike. I added a Givi Top Box in the rear for lockable storage, which also acts as a back rest for my wife when she very occasionally rides with me. I added a MRA X-Green Windscreen Spoiler Blade to the Givi windscreen. This device seems to work well but you do need to experiment extensively for the most advantageous angle setting. I did had to finally adjust the angle in a compromise setting because of the visual position of the spoiler relative to my line of sight. I used the clamp on version for now, although the kit came with a bolt on version. The picture of my Forza attached does not show the spoiler which was added after the picture was taken. Finally, I added a Ram U-Bolt camera mount on the handlebar in the cockpit. This mount is incredibly sturdy and the camera can be set on numerous angles for video or stills. I was impressed with the lack of vibration of the mount itself and pleased that it is so handy at that central location. The Ram mount has the standard male screw inserted into a round plate upon which you can rest your camera. My Samsung camera has a side mounted screen that swivels out for test viewing so I can monitor the image taking. I can easily see what the camera is pointing at. After setting up the scooter like this for local semi-rural riding, and for short touring trips as I get more experience with my Forza, I decided to upgrade my helmet to a open face HJC-IS33 which has venting features, a face shield, and retractable inner visor. With the exception of the face shield, my older helmet has none of these features, and I am looking forward to feeling the difference. I thought I would put this tale of my experience up because when I first got the Forza I wondered about each issue I finally addressed with these add-ons (windscreen, spoiler, storage, and camera mounting) and could not readily find suggestions. Hope this helps someone.
COPY #4 reduced (640x603).jpg
COPY #4 reduced (640x603).jpg (391.97 KiB) Viewed 1613 times
LadyBug
Color: Red

Re: Got a new 2014 Forza 300 and Added Accessories

Post by LadyBug »

Looks like it's road ready!! I would love to see the spoiler that was added!

What type of camera do you have? I was considering one but don't know where to start.
EvelLADYBUGKnievel
tbln930
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 PCX 150

Post by tbln930 »

Very nice. Did you do the clamp-on or drill the X-creen? I have one on my V-Strom and it really works. I have not worked up the nerve to drill the WS and the clamps seem very good.

Here was the optimal setting from much T&E so I can still just barely look over the WS and X-creen.

My Forza in my current fleet. The Givi V47 on the Strom moves to the Forza w/ AdMore lighting connector.
2017 Kawasaki Versys X 300 ABS (Graphite) - 775 miles - Terry Adcox saddle, T-Rex skid, SW-Motech crash bars, Madstad windshield, Givi 30L top case, Ram X-Grip, thermometer, OEM center stand, OEM hand guards

2014 Suzuki V-Strom 1000 ABS Adventure (Candy Daring Red) - 8650 miles - too fast Givi Airflow WS, Givi V47 mount, Givi crash Bars, Givi skid plate, Ravetech GPS mount, USB power outlet, Easter Beaver Fuse box, Denali DR1 LEDs, MondoMoto LEDs, Tool Tube, Zumo 665 GPS, Cobra radar detector, Mobius HD camera

2013 Suzuki V-Strom 650 ABS Adventure (Metallic Thunder Gray) - Sold

2013 Honda PCX 150 (Candy Rose Red) - Sold

SECoda/tbln930
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

tbln930 wrote:Very nice. Did you do the clamp-on or drill the X-creen? I have one on my V-Strom and it really works. I have not worked up the nerve to drill the WS and the clamps seem very good.

Here was the optimal setting from much T&E so I can still just barely look over the WS and X-creen.

My Forza in my current fleet. The Givi V47 on the Strom moves to the Forza w/ AdMore lighting connector.
Lovely part garage shot. Can we.have more please :D
happyscooter
Regular User
Regular User

Post by happyscooter »

i love the side box's they look great! i got the givi windshield too its a really good improvement. now im gonna get those side bags like you have
dergav
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: grey

Post by dergav »

Stephen...panniers look good...a question...can you open the seat with the panniers in place?..or do you need to remove them to get into the seat storage?
thanks
waybar
Regular User
Regular User

Post by waybar »

I had one of the MRA X-creen spoilers on my last scooter I had and it worked great. I was thinking about putting one on the
Forza also, but the only problem I had was with my last scooter I think it put a lot more stress on the windshield, and body
panels around the base of the windshield where it attached to the scooter would start to crack and break (it was on a
Hyosung MS3-250) and then the windshield would rattle a lot. The Forza has a lot better build quality so maybe it wouldn't
be a problem, but I've hesitated purchasing one as of yet. It worked great for deflecting the air (and the bugs) above my
helmet. I've been satisfied so far with the taller windshield.
tbln930
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 PCX 150

Post by tbln930 »

That is strange. Normally, any cracking of the holes or windshield itself is from over tightening the bolts. I just got back from a 200 miles camping trip and cruised most of the way at 75 mph.

Son and daughter-in-law at Pere Marquette State Park
2017 Kawasaki Versys X 300 ABS (Graphite) - 775 miles - Terry Adcox saddle, T-Rex skid, SW-Motech crash bars, Madstad windshield, Givi 30L top case, Ram X-Grip, thermometer, OEM center stand, OEM hand guards

2014 Suzuki V-Strom 1000 ABS Adventure (Candy Daring Red) - 8650 miles - too fast Givi Airflow WS, Givi V47 mount, Givi crash Bars, Givi skid plate, Ravetech GPS mount, USB power outlet, Easter Beaver Fuse box, Denali DR1 LEDs, MondoMoto LEDs, Tool Tube, Zumo 665 GPS, Cobra radar detector, Mobius HD camera

2013 Suzuki V-Strom 650 ABS Adventure (Metallic Thunder Gray) - Sold

2013 Honda PCX 150 (Candy Rose Red) - Sold

SECoda/tbln930
waybar
Regular User
Regular User

Post by waybar »

tbln930 wrote:That is strange. Normally, any cracking of the holes or windshield itself is from over tightening the bolts.
It didn't crack around the holes or the windshield itself, but the panels around the windshield started to crack. But it had a cheap grille
below the windshield and a couple of cheap plastic parts on the sides of the windshield. Then the windshield would squeak from rubbing
against the cracked parts around it. But the Forza is built better so it may not be a problem like it was with my last scooter.