DIY w/Pix replace Forza spark plug

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

DIY w/Pix replace Forza spark plug

Post by fish »

DIY pix of a 4000 mile spark plug inspection/clean - I gapped a new plug & replaced it.
You'll need a ratchet & extensions, a 9/16th spark-plug-specific socket (14mm) and a spark plug gap tool (feeler blades looking for .030 > .040in. gap on the new plug - I used .035) and a can of computer air spray to clean the plug area before removing the plug. I also used a universal joint fitting in the line of extensions for the off-set needed to reach the plug and get your hands & tool outside of the scooter.
Observe the fitment of the rubber spark plug cap before you pull it off - replace it on the post protruding from the valve cover when finished. Taking a snap before you start taking things apart - is always handy later.

To prevent cross-threading the new spark plug - Replace the spark plug with your fingers - screwing it in until you can go no further before snugging it carefully with the ratchet.

I did not find an NGK spark plug several months ago - so purchased some from England eBay.
Fish
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Re: DIY w/Pix replace Forza spark plug

Post by kramnala58 »

Great DIY post. Well labeled.
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
Panther
Year: 2014
Color: Red

Post by Panther »

Excellent step by step instructions. Photographs are great...thanks for taking the time to do this. As the saying goes, a picture is worth a thousand words.
I have enjoyed many of your photographs over the past few months, since getting my Forza
Thanks

John
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

Panther wrote:Excellent step by step instructions. Photographs are great...thanks for taking the time to do this. As the saying goes, a picture is worth a thousand words.
I have enjoyed many of your photographs over the past few months, since getting my Forza
Thanks

John
Thanks John,
When I opened up that little panel I looked in there and could see the 2 bolts holding down the valve cover.......Man it would be great if there was a way into that area like this spark plug access panel - rather than taking off the seat bucket and all the rest to check the valve lash.
Or, wish BRed lived close by - swing by and have him yank all the panels off - he sometimes does it just for practice!
Fish
duane1
Year: 2014
Color: red

Post by duane1 »

Geat job on the instructions w\ pictures.