Be SEEN

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Be SEEN

Post by fish »

Steph
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 150cc
Color: Black PCX

Re: Be SEEN

Post by Steph »

I concur! :D
Steph
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 150cc
Color: Black PCX

Post by Steph »

I concur! :D
speedandstyle
Regular User
Regular User

Post by speedandstyle »

I ride with florescent yellow jacket and helmet. I would add to the brake light idea of getting a modulator and let it do the brake tapping for you.

I have some issues with the horn idea. I have found that people sometimes react strangely to horns. Most quickly see you and get out of your way but others rubber neck to figure out where the horn is and can actually make the situation worse{turn into you, slow down etc}. I prefer to maneuver around them or slow down to avoid them. Which leads me to the video in the article. Although the car was turning into the bike's lane the bike was passing on the right which isn't the safest. Second the rider could have easily slowed instead of giving the horn. He does slow down so he can use hand gestures to the driver, which itself is risky. I am going to assume that the bike is also speeding a little as the car and truck up the road are going at about the same speed, another safety no-no. With today's road rage problem it is often best to let the other guy be an jerk and just get out of his way. Lastly I have seen how many riders use their horns as weapons often adding much louder horns. They ride like idiots and then when someone doesn't do like they want, HONK!
drol343
Year: Forza 2014 ABS
Color: Forza Red

Post by drol343 »

Yep... Gear Up!!!
drol343 (USA)
Dennis
2014 Honda FORZA NSS300A
navigate40
Year: 2014 Forza 300
Color: Red

Post by navigate40 »

Agree. I ride ATGATT. Bright red bike (2014 Forza 300), AGV Mesh jacket with CE armor in neon yellow and blue HJC CL-17 FF helmet. Yellow gloves.

When it came to helmet choice, I wanted neon yellow, but that was not available in a helmet that fit me well. SO... I chose a contrasting color that drivers do not see often. White and black are everywhere. Blue...not so much.

I always get seen, noticed. But, if a driver, about to pull out of a driveway or intersection is not LOOKING at me, as I get close....I give them a short, courteous beep of the horn. Just to make sure.

My feeling is: if we collide, their car might get scratched....*I* might get killed.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

I ride with flourescent everything including my underwear. Keeping the horn on constantly only makes other cagers more aware.

The murderous Sh1ts

Well they are after they come across me.