Took my first spill today

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

tbln930
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 PCX 150
Color: Red

Re: Took my first spill today

Post by tbln930 »

Yep sounds way too fast for conditions.
2017 Kawasaki Versys X 300 ABS (Graphite) - 775 miles - Terry Adcox saddle, T-Rex skid, SW-Motech crash bars, Madstad windshield, Givi 30L top case, Ram X-Grip, thermometer, OEM center stand, OEM hand guards

2014 Suzuki V-Strom 1000 ABS Adventure (Candy Daring Red) - 8650 miles - too fast Givi Airflow WS, Givi V47 mount, Givi crash Bars, Givi skid plate, Ravetech GPS mount, USB power outlet, Easter Beaver Fuse box, Denali DR1 LEDs, MondoMoto LEDs, Tool Tube, Zumo 665 GPS, Cobra radar detector, Mobius HD camera

2013 Suzuki V-Strom 650 ABS Adventure (Metallic Thunder Gray) - Sold

2013 Honda PCX 150 (Candy Rose Red) - Sold

SECoda/tbln930
Bash On!
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Bash On! »

Valiant wrote:
Bash On! wrote:Not looking forward to teaching my daughter how to ride on the now-unblemished PCX. (She'll take an MSF class, first.) Perhaps I should buy some 2013 panels now before they become harder to find and more expensive. There's a neighbor with an old Honda Passport; maybe I can pry it loose from him.
Shouldn't you worry about her gear first?

IMO, much more costly to replace than the panels.

I'm thoroughly conversant with the gear, but had a question about the panels. See my prior posts on getting gear. She'll have the best gear, you can count on it. Our garage looks like an Aerostich showroom.

Bash
"Home of $3000+ of protective gear"
2013 PCX 150 [now an ex-bike, soon to be consigned to the bottom line of the sig]
2013 Silver Wing ABS (Black)
1971 BMW R75/5 (White)
Too many ex-bikes to list, and, besides, who really cares what we used to own?
assslan
Year: 2014
Color: red

Post by assslan »

Unfortunately I got a crash too. It s my PCX :cry:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpeY-xeVs_4
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

Post by iceman »

assslan wrote:Unfortunately I got a crash too. It s my PCX :cry: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpeY-xeVs_4
Sorry to hear this. What happened? You seem to have a fare amount of damage both sides.
assslan

Post by assslan »

iceman wrote:
assslan wrote:Unfortunately I got a crash too. It s my PCX :cry: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpeY-xeVs_4
Sorry to hear this. What happened? You seem to have a fare amount of damage both sides.
My PCX got two crash in two minutes..
I got a spill on the wet road when I were going around a curve. After I dropped I tried to stand up and lift my PCX. But when I were lifting the pcx I set on the gas by mistake and The PCX suddenly started to run to a wall... And Second crash...
:cry:
I m more sorry for second crash than first.
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011

Post by maddiedog »

Glad to hear you're alright. Scooters can be replaced, you can't be replaced. :)

I never had a problem with the stock tires in the wet. You were probably going too fast for conditions, as others have said. Go slower, and do everything much more gradually in the wet. Leave way more stopping distance between cars too. Don't let it discourage you though; riding in the rain happens all the time, and you should learn to do it well. It sounds like you learned the lesson of going slow with little damage or cost, which is definitely a good thing.
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
assslan

Post by assslan »

maddiedog wrote:Glad to hear you're alright. Scooters can be replaced, you can't be replaced. :)

I never had a problem with the stock tires in the wet. You were probably going too fast for conditions, as others have said. Go slower, and do everything much more gradually in the wet. Leave way more stopping distance between cars too. Don't let it discourage you though; riding in the rain happens all the time, and you should learn to do it well. It sounds like you learned the lesson of going slow with little damage or cost, which is definitely a good thing.
thanks my friend :)
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

Booooooooo
Have I missed any other recent crash survivors?
Who's not fessing up
Attachments
question.jpg
question.jpg (11.3 KiB) Viewed 542 times
relic
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red white

Post by relic »

We all should take lessons from this guy
https://youtu.be/cILWQIjXTd0
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)

Post by iceman »

perhaps not from these t***s - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfuDx2hRLlQ (esp. the 1.40-1.50 or 2.05 mark!)
Valiant
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2015

Post by Valiant »

Bash On! wrote: I'm thoroughly conversant with the gear, but had a question about the panels. See my prior posts on getting gear. She'll have the best gear, you can count on it. Our garage looks like an Aerostich showroom.

Bash
"Home of $3000+ of protective gear"
Outstanding.

I broke my leg in August of 2014 while riding my PCX.

I still can't run :cry: .
Bash On!
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Bash On! »

Sorry to hear that, Valiant.
2013 PCX 150 [now an ex-bike, soon to be consigned to the bottom line of the sig]
2013 Silver Wing ABS (Black)
1971 BMW R75/5 (White)
Too many ex-bikes to list, and, besides, who really cares what we used to own?