Post humpectomy - ectomy! Required mod on new Powerpcx seat

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

caseybea
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013
Color: red

Post humpectomy - ectomy! Required mod on new Powerpcx seat

Post by caseybea »

Well, I have to admit I'm a bit disappointed in my powerbypcx seat. One of the main reasons I ordered it was to save me the time and hassle of doing a seat mod, and so on...... I specifically ordered the nice flat seat. I assumed, INCORRECTLY it seems, that they totally removed the plastic hump.

Not even counting that they mis-shipped my seat (*TO FRANCE*) - when I finally got it I looked underneath and... it seems they only removed the upper round (small) part of the plastic hump. A test ride proved my fears--- still friggin' uncomfortable. UGH.

In my anger and frustration, I whipped out my dremel tool and finished the mod myself, adding in a piece of semi-stiff foam to replace the gap. The result is finally ok, but I shouldn't have had to do this. (doesn't ANYONE in Taiwan know that the stupid hump just needs to completely go?)

The end result- Much much better. Finally. But at the same time: BUYER BEWARE. ASK QUESTIONS when ordering a custom seat.... I learned the hard way.
Attachments
2015-05-02 12.54.44.jpg
2015-05-02 12.54.44.jpg (225.05 KiB) Viewed 1860 times
2015-05-02 12.46.57.jpg
2015-05-02 12.46.57.jpg (215.22 KiB) Viewed 1861 times
2015-05-02 13.59.06.jpg
2015-05-02 13.59.06.jpg (165.44 KiB) Viewed 1861 times
2015-05-02 13.47.42.jpg
2015-05-02 13.47.42.jpg (201.35 KiB) Viewed 1861 times
2015-05-02 13.23.49.jpg
2015-05-02 13.23.49.jpg (212.01 KiB) Viewed 1861 times
sendler2112
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013 PCX150

Re: Post humpectomy - ectomy! Required mod on new Powerpcx

Post by sendler2112 »

Wow! That mod they did originally is stupid to leave the hump still in there. Don't they read the forums? I can't believe people have been ordering this seat for so long and not complaining that the hump is still jabbing you in the butt. A humpectomy on a stock pregen seat is very easy.
tbln930
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 PCX 150
Color: Red

Post by tbln930 »

Or Thailand. :-)
2017 Kawasaki Versys X 300 ABS (Graphite) - 775 miles - Terry Adcox saddle, T-Rex skid, SW-Motech crash bars, Madstad windshield, Givi 30L top case, Ram X-Grip, thermometer, OEM center stand, OEM hand guards

2014 Suzuki V-Strom 1000 ABS Adventure (Candy Daring Red) - 8650 miles - too fast Givi Airflow WS, Givi V47 mount, Givi crash Bars, Givi skid plate, Ravetech GPS mount, USB power outlet, Easter Beaver Fuse box, Denali DR1 LEDs, MondoMoto LEDs, Tool Tube, Zumo 665 GPS, Cobra radar detector, Mobius HD camera

2013 Suzuki V-Strom 650 ABS Adventure (Metallic Thunder Gray) - Sold

2013 Honda PCX 150 (Candy Rose Red) - Sold

SECoda/tbln930
PowerbyPCX
Regular User
Regular User

Post by PowerbyPCX »

Hello,

We are sorry to hear that finally your not satisfied about your seat
and to learn this on the forum as we are concerned.

Indeed there has been a problem of swap order with a customer in France,
we are sorry again for this mistake. We hope that you are satisfied of the service we brought to solve this problem as soon as possible (within 10 days) ,although that we haven't granted you an extra compensation for your prejudice (waiting time) as you asked us.

Since 4 years we propose this saddle on our website,
more than 20 person of the forum has ordered us this saddle since the beginning
and unfortunately you are the first customer unsatisfied and we regret it.

As you can see on the picture of the seat base,of course we cut part of the backrest support which bother but not completely,
just for a question of strength and reliability which until now satisfied all of our customers who was looking for a position more comfortable and farthest

For exemple this customer who ordered with the same as you received

http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f ... 9dd204a717

We are happy you have find a solution now
For conclusion Sorry again for your discontent

Best Regards

Jeremy PowerbyPCX
kcpcx
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Candy Rosy Red

Post by kcpcx »

In defense of powerbypcx, their seats are pretty well documented here on this forum and on the web in general. While I understand that the OP is disappointed that the entire hump area was not removed, this information is pretty well known if one pokes around a bit prior to ordering. Myself and others have posted about the powerbypcx seats in the past, with photos. I don't think the vendor or anyone else ever claimed that the seats from Thailand had the seat base modified in the more extensive matter shown in sendler's post (brilliant DIY there by the way).

If you want the seat pan modified to that extent, it's 5-10 minutes with a Dremel tool. Dremels are one of those things that are so useful, everyone should really have one anyway for a ton of projects. So, no biggie, really.

Personally, I found their service (powerbypcx) to be very good, and the product to be also very good. Communication with them was superb, and above the standard you typically experience when dealing with a small company half way on the other side of the planet. Many small businesses in non English speaking countries are far more difficult to deal with if you're on the other side of the pond.

Of course it's not a Corbin or Sargent or Rick Mayer seat. It's a third or fourth of the price of one of those, as well. ;)

Regarding the shipping snafu, yeah, that would be irritating. As long as they took care of it, I'd survive probably, after I cooled off. It took me a while, but I eventually learned that things happen in the world and it isn't worth getting that excited over relatively minor things. I mean, one person's bad day is a car accident and one person's bad day is getting the wrong PCX seat. If you ship 1000 seats out, you'll probably screw one or two orders up. It stinks, but it happens. All you can hope for at that point is that the vendor you're dealing with takes an interest in fixing the situation. Sometimes character is not whether you make a mistake, but how you deal with the mistake once it happens.
'88 BMW R100RT
JohnL
Ozzie Old Fart
Ozzie Old Fart
Year: 2015
Color: Dark Red

Post by JohnL »

Have to agree with kcpcx, I have had dealings with powerbypcx a number of times, both directly in their shop in Thailand (my son visited there), also via email and found them most helpful.

I don't believe they would intentionally rip anyone off, and sympathise with them trying to read their customers minds as to exactly what they require.

We all have had buyer remorse buying things over the net, and most times it's due to not enough research on our part, and it's a little unfair to blame the seller for all unsatisfactory transactions.
sendler2112
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by sendler2112 »

It is interesting how defensive everyone got over this seat and this company here when I mentioned how easy it would be for them to make their seat mod so much better by simply cutting away the rest of the hard plastic that is still sticking up right under the new cover and adding some foam. As the rest of us have been doing at home for a couple years now. I know the designer is reading this so maybe they will implement this in the future. The seat looks really cool now but it would be more functional to allow sitting back as far as the bowl area if they would get rid of the rest of the protruding hard plastic. I also wonder about the fabric eventually wearing through where it is laying right over the plastic holes with no foam.
JohnL
Ozzie Old Fart
Ozzie Old Fart
Year: 2015
Color: Dark Red

Post by JohnL »

Possibly everyone became defensive after you used the word "stupid" in your post.

Why don't you relate your experiences directly to powerbypcx instead of assuming they read all posts on this forum.

I've always found it more productive to directly approach the person you, or someone you know, have a gripe with.

No offense intended. :) :)
sendler2112
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by sendler2112 »

I don't have any gripes. I have heard about this seat for a long time and was just very surprised to see that they didn't remove the rest of the plastic that is sticking up. And I'm not assuming they even care so I'm not going to contact them.
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

sendler2112 wrote:... And I'm not assuming they even care so I'm not going to contact them.
Does this mean that you are assuming that they don't care? If that is the case, then it would be contrary to what most members on this forum have experienced and what they themselves seem to have shown on the forum.

Remember, 'assume' makes an ass of u & me.
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(