Will be getting new 2014 Forza next Friday

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Cozmicdave
Year: 2014
Color: Red

Will be getting new 2014 Forza next Friday

Post by Cozmicdave »

Thanks to all of you using this forum, its helped me make the decision to go for it. Former Ruckus owner, then traded it for a Buell Blast to learn to shift. 1000 miles was enough for me to want a scooter again. My only concerns are the weight of the Forza and likely future need of a bigger windscreen. I'm 5'8 and hope friends shorter then I will be able to test it out comfortably also.
wilbur
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014 Forza ABS
Color: The fast color

Re: Will be getting new 2014 Forza next Friday

Post by wilbur »

Weight wise, when you're on it, you really won't notice it much. I did discover that when stopping and getting off, it helps to put the side stand down, get off, then put it on the center stand (if that's what you want to use). I'm also 5'8" and have no issues on the Forza.
Image, Image
Pat Anderson
Year: 2015
Color: white

Post by Pat Anderson »

Congrats on the Forza!

I have had a 2014 Forza ABS for about a year and a half (purchased October 2013), have 2,000 miles on it. It is a lot heavier than a PCX 150 and I would definitely agree with putting the side stand down when dismounting, then going to the center stand. It seems there are a lot of 5' 8' I am (5' 9" actually) folks out here, and so it is a bit of toe dancing to have both feet on the ground when the Forza is upright! I just ordered the Givi windshield, waiting for it to come. If you do much freeway riding, you will quickly hate the weeny little stock windshield that puts all the wind resistance on your torso!

My wife has had her PCX 150 for about a month, and I have ridden it a bit. I like it a lot, it actually fits me better. But the big thing about the Forza's 300 ccs is that it has acceleration through considerably higher speeds. When the PCX 150 hits a certain speed (45? 50?) it doesn't so much "accelerate" any more but rather "gathers" speed.

Anyway, enjoy your Forza!
Pat & Patty Anderson
Birch Bay, WA
Red 2014 Forza 300 ABS (scoot is FOR SALE!)
White 2015 PCX150 (Pat's scoot)
Red 2013 PCX150 (Patty's scoot)
wilbur
Regular User
Regular User

Post by wilbur »

I have no issue with feet down. I can only flat foot if I slide forward on the seat, but the seat itself is much lower than my old Vespa. I am toes down, but not uncomfortably so. The Givi windshield is nice, but kind of just at the wrong height. If I wear my textile riding pants, I can just look over it. If I wear my kevlar jeans, I just look through it. So I still haven't decided whether or not to cut it down a bit.
Image, Image
dasshreddar
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: forzaruckuspcx
Color: black

Post by dasshreddar »

the forza is a fatty... mine is going on a severe diet :lol:
2 ruckus' = 1 forza weight wise ;)
tbln930
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 PCX 150

Post by tbln930 »

I had 2 bikes and now 3 and put 2000 miles on the Forza just during the winter months. Bought it in Dec 2014.
2017 Kawasaki Versys X 300 ABS (Graphite) - 775 miles - Terry Adcox saddle, T-Rex skid, SW-Motech crash bars, Madstad windshield, Givi 30L top case, Ram X-Grip, thermometer, OEM center stand, OEM hand guards

2014 Suzuki V-Strom 1000 ABS Adventure (Candy Daring Red) - 8650 miles - too fast Givi Airflow WS, Givi V47 mount, Givi crash Bars, Givi skid plate, Ravetech GPS mount, USB power outlet, Easter Beaver Fuse box, Denali DR1 LEDs, MondoMoto LEDs, Tool Tube, Zumo 665 GPS, Cobra radar detector, Mobius HD camera

2013 Suzuki V-Strom 650 ABS Adventure (Metallic Thunder Gray) - Sold

2013 Honda PCX 150 (Candy Rose Red) - Sold

SECoda/tbln930
Cozmicdave

Post by Cozmicdave »

wilbur wrote:I have no issue with feet down. I can only flat foot if I slide forward on the seat, but the seat itself is much lower than my old Vespa. I am toes down, but not uncomfortably so. The Givi windshield is nice, but kind of just at the wrong height. If I wear my textile riding pants, I can just look over it. If I wear my kevlar jeans, I just look through it. So I still haven't decided whether or not to cut it down a bit.
Which Givi windshield do you have? Does anyone who's 5'8 have a Honda tall windscreen?
wilbur
Regular User
Regular User

Post by wilbur »

The non-AF version
Image, Image
tbln930
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 PCX 150

Post by tbln930 »

The Givi tall is really tall but i find a lot of folks looking through their windshields for better or worse.
2017 Kawasaki Versys X 300 ABS (Graphite) - 775 miles - Terry Adcox saddle, T-Rex skid, SW-Motech crash bars, Madstad windshield, Givi 30L top case, Ram X-Grip, thermometer, OEM center stand, OEM hand guards

2014 Suzuki V-Strom 1000 ABS Adventure (Candy Daring Red) - 8650 miles - too fast Givi Airflow WS, Givi V47 mount, Givi crash Bars, Givi skid plate, Ravetech GPS mount, USB power outlet, Easter Beaver Fuse box, Denali DR1 LEDs, MondoMoto LEDs, Tool Tube, Zumo 665 GPS, Cobra radar detector, Mobius HD camera

2013 Suzuki V-Strom 650 ABS Adventure (Metallic Thunder Gray) - Sold

2013 Honda PCX 150 (Candy Rose Red) - Sold

SECoda/tbln930
mikecalderone
Regular User
Regular User

Post by mikecalderone »

The GIVI windshield is really tall. I am 5'8 and I look through it. No Problem.
It really make the freeway commute comfortable. I don't drive in the rain, only when it is clear whether, this is easy to do in Southern California.
My Rides:
2017 Suzuki Burgman 650 Executive
2015 Honda CTX700ND

Previous Rides:
2014 Honda Forza 300
2005 Suzuki Burgman 650
2009 Burgman 400
2006 Kawasaki Nomad 1600
2005 Kawasaki Mean Streak 1500
2003 Honda VT750
1992 Honda elite
1986 Kawasaki KZ600 inline 4
1979 Honda CL350
1977 Honda SL125
Grady
Color: silver grey

Post by Grady »

Just for the record, I'm 70 and ride my Forza at highway speed (and more;-) regularly. I've had mine up to 85 mph (137 kph) when required. We've added the taller windshield and the box for the rear seating area on mine and just the windshield on hers. I find myself wishing the windshield were a few inches taller as the wind noise disappears when I move my head below the top edge of the windshield. The sound difference is quite remarkable.
kcpcx
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Candy Rosy Red

Post by kcpcx »

Cozmicdave wrote:Thanks to all of you using this forum, its helped me make the decision to go for it. Former Ruckus owner, then traded it for a Buell Blast to learn to shift. 1000 miles was enough for me to want a scooter again. My only concerns are the weight of the Forza and likely future need of a bigger windscreen. I'm 5'8 and hope friends shorter then I will be able to test it out comfortably also.
Buell Blasts are, in my opinion, pretty good cheap bikes to gain experience on. They are pretty forgiving to ride. The gearbox is typical Harley-crunchy and the bike in general totally lacks refinement, but that gives it a bit of character. My wife used to have one, and for a smaller person, a great choice around the city assuming you don't mind shifting. Plastic parts are easy to swap out of you drop it, and come already molded in color, so no painting.

Any scooter I've ever ridden is pretty much the complete opposite of a Blast, as far as riding experience. Way smoother, light years more refined.

Anyway, the only thing I would mention is to be a little bit aware of the difference between the wheels and tires on a standard cycle like the Blast, and a scooter. You tend to sit up on top of a scooter, legs out front, rather than straddling it like a regular bike. The smaller scooter tires and different seating position make for a little more interesting handling when things get slick, i.e. gravel or wet, road debris, oil where cars idle at intersections, etc. It's just a bit different, so pay attention to this until you get used to the handling characteristics of a relatively small - tired scoot versus a more typical bike. You'll get right in the groove of it in short order. The sensation of control is a touch different, but nothing major after a bit of time.
'88 BMW R100RT
Cozmicdave

Post by Cozmicdave »

Got my Forza friday and I am loving it. I decided to ride the 130 miles home from the dealership instead of loading it in the truck, since we ran into just a couple sprinkles on the way. I chose the highway over the interstate hoping to avoid the clouds over the mountains. The first 50 miles were nice and clear, but unfortunately it was rain for the rest of the trip. I had bought a new coat and a half shield helmet. The coat works great against the wind and rain so much that I think I'll be just fine without a bigger windscreen on nice days. The half shield would work on nice days too, but will definitely get a full enclosed helmet just for rain. My pants and shoes were soaked. So some rain pants and boots will be on list too. I averaged about 50mpg in the storm with a 15-20mph headwind. My average speed was 65mph, top speed of 75mph. Still have yet to push it faster, but she's still being broke in. My fuel gauge was on E pulling into town, and I filled it up by adding 2.2 gallons. So if the tank is 3.5 gallons, there had to of been another gallon at least. I'll keep adding fuel when the needle is in the red to get a better understanding of how accurate the gauge actually is. Saturday was a nice day, and I did alot of in town riding. When starting the day, I noticed from the front of the scooter when I slowed to stops. A clinking non consistent chattering. I thought it could be some mud in the fender or elsewhere and immediately went to wash the bike at a car wash. I used the pressure washer on the low pressure spot free rinse setting for the $1.75 start fee and hit all angles in a flash. The noise was no longer happening after the quick rinse. I'm loving the ride of the Forza, it's smooth, responsive, and handles easily. I really like how high the foot panels allow me to place my feet, knees slightly bent but generally strait leg posture. I've already got lots of looks when riding, as having my feet in that position and looking like a sports bike from up front people are probably wondering "What is that thing? How's he shift with his feet up there?". Hahaha, loving it. More rain in the forecast, so I'll probably stick to cruising in town until it clears up, a 30mph sprinkle ain't nothing compared to what I had to push through my first day. Off to go ride some more, laterz.