Crazy Deals on PCX 150s?

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Pat Anderson
Year: 2015
Color: white

Crazy Deals on PCX 150s?

Post by Pat Anderson »

I bought Patty's2013 PCX 150 in March (ordered remotely while in Arizona, took delivery in April after returning to Washington), and its base price was $2,999, which seemed to about where all of them were (I had checked a number of places). When I took my Forza into my local dealer (Lifesyles Honda in Mount Vernon, WA) thet had a huge number of PCX 150s on the floor - the 2013s were $2,499 and the 2015s were $2,799. My sales guy said they never know what Honda is going to do with pricing, and to be able to sell at those prices, Honda requires them to buy a LOT of scoots. Oh, well. I guess the price just as easily could have gone up as down...
Pat & Patty Anderson
Birch Bay, WA
Red 2014 Forza 300 ABS (scoot is FOR SALE!)
White 2015 PCX150 (Pat's scoot)
Red 2013 PCX150 (Patty's scoot)
kcpcx
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Candy Rosy Red

Re: Crazy Deals on PCX 150s?

Post by kcpcx »

A lot of it is being in the right place at the right time, and being willing to wait for the right deal. When you get the hots for something, and have to have it immediately, you rarely get the best deal.

I got my leftover '13 PCX last fall out the door for around $2800 if I recall. That's an average deal, and of course, now you should be able to do better since it's more than half a year later.

My dad absolutely stole a brand new Forza over the winter. He paid $3700-ish, plus sales tax. No additional dealer fees.

FWIW, his dealer told him that there was a regional warehouse somewhere on the east coast (MD or VA?) where Honda had a whole bunch of unsold leftover units. They offered these to dealers at really low prices. Hence, he was able to score that Forza. I think his dealer bought three of those and some other bikes from Honda's warehouse sale at the same time.

I wasn't able to replicate anything close to that in my area on a Forza. He paid $200 or $300 less than I did for his PCX around the same time (he has a PCX and a Forza).

It's ruined me on getting a Forza! Now that I know someone who walked out the door for well under $4k, I'd have to be able to get close to that to pull the trigger on one. I haven't seen anything close in my area. Probably close to $800 or $1000 more to pick one up around these parts. Not really needing another 2 wheeler in the garage is another factor lol
'88 BMW R100RT