My Cross Country Trip by Scooter

Pictures of your scooter, ride reports, and day trips.

Moderator: Modsquad

FromMototoScooter
Year: 2015
Color: White

My Cross Country Trip by Scooter

Post by FromMototoScooter »

If any of you guys or gals want to follow a trip in progress with my PCX, head over to my blog at www.TheMOTOroad.com

I'll be posting every 3 or 4 days- when connections are available.

Thanks
tbln930
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 PCX 150
Color: Red

Re: My Cross Country Trip by Scooter

Post by tbln930 »

Nice job! At first I thought you had a silent partner. That filming is a lot of work.
2017 Kawasaki Versys X 300 ABS (Graphite) - 775 miles - Terry Adcox saddle, T-Rex skid, SW-Motech crash bars, Madstad windshield, Givi 30L top case, Ram X-Grip, thermometer, OEM center stand, OEM hand guards

2014 Suzuki V-Strom 1000 ABS Adventure (Candy Daring Red) - 8650 miles - too fast Givi Airflow WS, Givi V47 mount, Givi crash Bars, Givi skid plate, Ravetech GPS mount, USB power outlet, Easter Beaver Fuse box, Denali DR1 LEDs, MondoMoto LEDs, Tool Tube, Zumo 665 GPS, Cobra radar detector, Mobius HD camera

2013 Suzuki V-Strom 650 ABS Adventure (Metallic Thunder Gray) - Sold

2013 Honda PCX 150 (Candy Rose Red) - Sold

SECoda/tbln930
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

Thanks for the post. I just may be follow your trip. Something I am not able to do at this stage in life, but something that resonates in my heart ... maybe one day ....
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
OldGuy

Post by OldGuy »

Nice trip blog, and great pictures and videos. I'll be checking back.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

Since others have taken these pcx scooters across America, i have no doubt that yours will get the job done. However, we found with ours that not having a tall Givi windscreen was a great disadvantage in that it tired us out quicker because of our bodies fighting the wind. The pcx is a light scooter so anything that would give it an advantage would be worthwhile, i believe. As ours are set up now, we can ride from Atlanta to the Alabama line, up to Tennessee, across to North Carolina, down to South Carolina, and back to Atlanta all in one day. The key, aside from a good seat, is the tall windscreen. You should consider it and have it shipped to some point where you can either install it yourself or have the dealer do it. It would definitely be worth it.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers