Thinking about buying a 2015 PCX but ...?

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

ScooteringAbout
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: Thinking about buying a 2015 PCX but ...?

Post by ScooteringAbout »

I have to give a 5star review for Allbikes Of Rochdale ( Honda Bike Dealer ) had my Vision, and now my PCX from them, and serviced by them. Always top guys.
aka DrewJW
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

By law, and by our warranty statement, In the States, an owner can do their own servicing and keep the warranty intact - by following the maintenance schedule and keeping OEM parts receipts and a log of the work. If you screw up the service and Honda can find a "direct" connection between your servicing and the failed part - the warranty can be voided.

Pretty hard to screw up oil changes.

A valve adjustment is pretty much the only complicated service that would be scheduled under the warranty period....and most owners will have this service done by a Honda dealer. All other scheduled warranty period maintenance could easily be completed by the owner - Engine oil, final drive oil, spark plug replacement are dead easy - check the tightness of the nuts, bolts and screws.

Pay for the valve check at the time it is scheduled in the owner's manual - do the rest yourself with the proper few tools needed and use the proper Honda oils. Your scooter will last a long time - and your expense will be minimal.
Fish
Beachboy
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2022
Color: Red

Post by Beachboy »

Just had the 4000 Km service at my local Honda dealer. Same price as the first one at 1000 Km, 180 baht. That's $5.50.

It's just an oil change, it takes 10 minutes.

I'm going to spring for filters and plug at 8000 Km, whole thing should be under $25. You folks are getting ripped off for service. Granted a mechanic in Thailand makes about $2/hr., you need to learn how to do your own servicing.
Life's a beach in Thailand
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

Post by iceman »

Oil change and about 12 things to inspect and clean - according to the manual, not that most dealers would both doing most of it. There's cleaning the crankcase breather, checking breaks/bolts/other and valve inspection (what a joke that seems to be with dealers). If they at least looked over the bike and checked tightness, brake function, clutch, etc, then there is a good 30-40 minutes work - but most would just do the oil change whilst doing other things (leave it to drain whilst doing something else). In the UK, labour is about £60-80/hr + tax without anything else.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Beachboy wrote:Just had the 4000 Km service at my local Honda dealer. Same price as the first one at 1000 Km, 180 baht. That's $5.50.

It's just an oil change, it takes 10 minutes.

I'm going to spring for filters and plug at 8000 Km, whole thing should be under $25. You folks are getting ripped off for service. Granted a mechanic in Thailand makes about $2/hr., you need to learn how to do your own servicing.

Don't upset the worriers....
forza300
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: White

Post by forza300 »

Honda cub wrote:Hello I was pretty close to putting an order in for a 2015 Honda PCX, that was until I read about the alarming issue concerning the centre stand/crankcase possible damage.

I understand that Honda addressed this problem on the PCX150, was the PCX125 version also updated by Honda at the same time?

Thanks

Stephen

A Honda vehicle would be the last thing I worried about breaking down. Seriously. That's why i continue to buy them (also the refinement, looks and economy).

I'd also recommend buying 4 litres of engine oil, a couple of screwdrivers, socket set and doing all the servicing yourself. The cost of these would be roughly equivalent to 1 service at a dealer and oil alone would last you 4 services.

Do some searching about high mileage PCX's on this site and prepare to be amazed.

Welcome to the forum and to the PCX :)
------------------------