New seat from powerbypcx

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Re: New seat from powerbypcx

Post by Mel46 »

I believe that the replacement seats for the 2015 model cost more because they aren't mass producing them yet, which means they probably have to go to Honda to get the original pan. That adds to the cost.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
caseybea
Regular User
Regular User
Color: red

Post by caseybea »

nzmike wrote:The '15 model may have a different seat but it's still the worst, most uncomfortable bike seat I've ever had on any of my bikes, even including the rather minimal 2 inch saddle on my current ride (BMW R nineT).

I rode my new PCX 150 home from the dealer last Saturday and took the very long way so did just under 100km by the time I got home - and my back and bum were absolutely killing me.

I don't mean to be "funny" here but I believe this seat has been designed for the (typically) smaller Asian posterior so I find the top of the riders seat hump digs into my lower back and since you can't slide back on it locks you in one position. And I'm not even tall at 170cm - it must be murder if you're tall!

So, one guess what's first on my list of mods! I do like the look of the seat posted above so I may go for one of those, but I am almost 100% sold on this one, posted on another thread: http://www.powerbypcx.com/achat-selle-h ... 99932.html

They both cost a lot when you take into account P&P so I am very disappointed the stock seat is so bad.... hadn't planned on having to spend upwards of another AUD $200 on a seat when I bought my bike!
I can indeed confirm that either the 2013/2015 stock seats are "murder if you're tall". They're STUPID seats. Which is why I ordered a new seat the day I got my bike home. I know it's annoying, and extra money-- BUT, the end result comfort will make the whole thing worthwhile. I agree that the bikes are "sized" for the typical stature of asian men (Thailand, etc) - I'm not being mean or whatever, it's just the way it is - Honda seriously needs to improve things for us big fat tall americans :-) . But if a simple purchase solves it, then so be it.

The link to the seat you posted was my second choice---- let us know how it works out when it comes!
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

caseybea wrote:
nzmike wrote:The '15 model may have a different seat but it's still the worst, most uncomfortable bike seat I've ever had on any of my bikes, even including the rather minimal 2 inch saddle on my current ride (BMW R nineT).

I rode my new PCX 150 home from the dealer last Saturday and took the very long way so did just under 100km by the time I got home - and my back and bum were absolutely killing me.

I don't mean to be "funny" here but I believe this seat has been designed for the (typically) smaller Asian posterior so I find the top of the riders seat hump digs into my lower back and since you can't slide back on it locks you in one position. And I'm not even tall at 170cm - it must be murder if you're tall!

So, one guess what's first on my list of mods! I do like the look of the seat posted above so I may go for one of those, but I am almost 100% sold on this one, posted on another thread: http://www.powerbypcx.com/achat-selle-h ... 99932.html

They both cost a lot when you take into account P&P so I am very disappointed the stock seat is so bad.... hadn't planned on having to spend upwards of another AUD $200 on a seat when I bought my bike!
I can indeed confirm that either the 2013/2015 stock seats are "murder if you're tall". They're STUPID seats. Which is why I ordered a new seat the day I got my bike home. I know it's annoying, and extra money-- BUT, the end result comfort will make the whole thing worthwhile. I agree that the bikes are "sized" for the typical stature of asian men (Thailand, etc) - I'm not being mean or whatever, it's just the way it is - Honda seriously needs to improve things for us big fat tall americans :-) . But if a simple purchase solves it, then so be it.

The link to the seat you posted was my second choice---- let us know how it works out when it comes!
I'm 6'5 and 100kgs. Recovered seat sorts things. Can't complain because the bike wasn't built for me
nzmike
Year: 2015
Color: Siena Red

Post by nzmike »

>Honda seriously needs to improve things for us big fat tall americans :-) .

We're not all Americans buddy. ;-) But I agree with you, Honda clearly didn't design the seat with westerners in mind.

>The link to the seat you posted was my second choice---- let us know how it works out when it comes!
Actually seeing them both side by side (in different browser windows) I think I'm going to email WirusWin and ask them when/if they will be able to do a version of it for '15 KF18 model. I really like the look of it overall but the biggest attraction is that it looks like you can slide back on it to change riding position.
Only problem is I'm not sure it's available yet for the '15 model... if not, I will go with the powerbypcx seat but I'm not as sold on that now as it still looks like it has a pronounced hump: http://www.powerbypcx.com/achat-selle-h ... 99932.html
2015 Honda PCX150 (Siena Red)
2014 BMW R nineT (absolutely the best bike I've ever ridden - totally in love with it!)
2013 BMW F700GS (sold)
2013 Kawasaki EF650 (sold)
2008 Derbi Rambla 250i (sold - but what an amazing scooter, still kicking myself for selling it)
....and a whole host of other scooters and bikes too long to list here....
chucktuna
I'm up to 12 or 13 now...
Color: Black

Post by chucktuna »

I'm sure I posted these pics somewhere, but here are some side by side of my 2013 stock and powerbypcx replacement.
Well worth the money for anyone over 6'

And as installed:

Too many scoots..... 12 or so I think .
nzmike

Post by nzmike »

chucktuna wrote: Image
That's the one I'd really like but AFAIK they don't make it for the 2015 KF18 model yet... it doesn't appear on the PowerByPCX site when you select the 14-15 model then seats :-(

Probably a silly question but can you move back a few inches on that seat and still be comfortable? It certainly looks like you can but I just want to avoid any sort of pronounced hump - can you feel any hump at all on that seat?

Finally going to get out on the bike today! We've had almost constant rain for 4 days here in "sunny Sydney" so the bike has been under the cover while I wait for it to clear up. Going out to find myself a decent quality 12v/2.1 amp USB charger and "fast charge" micro USB data cable. Already got all the RAM mounts for my phone and GPS so want to try those out today and make sure everything works.

Oops, off topic sorry (just glad to see dry roads!) but my hunt for a replacement seat continues.
2014 BMW R nineT (absolutely the best bike I've ever ridden - totally in love with it!)
2013 BMW F700GS (sold)
2008 Derbi Rambla 250i (sold - but what an amazing scooter, still kicking myself for selling it)
chucktuna

Post by chucktuna »

If I remember correctly, when I ordered that seat for my 2013, that style wasn't listed on the website at the time.
I think I emailed them with the picture of what I wanted, and no problem. It was done!
Despite the language and distance barrier, it went as smooth as possible.

And yes, I can move around to any position without any hump feel!
So much better!
nzmike

Post by nzmike »

Awesome - thanks Chuck! I'll email them and see if they can do me one for my 2015.
2013 BMW F700GS (sold)
nzmike

Post by nzmike »

I've just sent them an email asking if they can do this seat for my '15 PCX150 :-)

Hope you don't mind chuck but I also emailed them links to your photos so they could see what the seat looks like.
2013 BMW F700GS (sold)
chucktuna

Post by chucktuna »

nzmike wrote:I've just sent them an email asking if they can do this seat for my '15 PCX150 :-)

Hope you don't mind chuck but I also emailed them links to your photos so they could see what the seat looks like.
Not a problem.
nzmike

Post by nzmike »

Just heard back from both Wiruswin and PowerByPCx and neither of the seats i like are available for the KF18 model. However, the reply from Wiruswin said they would start making this seat in the next two months so I might just hang on for a few months and see what happens. I guess the reality is that the new model really is too new to have many seats appear for it yet.
2013 BMW F700GS (sold)