Got "Morphed"

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Driller
Regular User
Regular User

Got "Morphed"

Post by Driller »

I got carried away and picked up a 2006 Yamaha Morphous last week. Many things remind me of the PCX I had. The seating position, exposed bars, feel familiar only with larger proportions.

If the ergonomics of the Forza were more like the Morph I might have thought about one.
Digging the ride. 8)
tbln930
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 PCX 150
Color: Red

Re: Got "Morphed"

Post by tbln930 »

Those are pretty neat - maybe closer to the Honda Helix/Reflex (weight and wheelbase).
2017 Kawasaki Versys X 300 ABS (Graphite) - 775 miles - Terry Adcox saddle, T-Rex skid, SW-Motech crash bars, Madstad windshield, Givi 30L top case, Ram X-Grip, thermometer, OEM center stand, OEM hand guards

2014 Suzuki V-Strom 1000 ABS Adventure (Candy Daring Red) - 8650 miles - too fast Givi Airflow WS, Givi V47 mount, Givi crash Bars, Givi skid plate, Ravetech GPS mount, USB power outlet, Easter Beaver Fuse box, Denali DR1 LEDs, MondoMoto LEDs, Tool Tube, Zumo 665 GPS, Cobra radar detector, Mobius HD camera

2013 Suzuki V-Strom 650 ABS Adventure (Metallic Thunder Gray) - Sold

2013 Honda PCX 150 (Candy Rose Red) - Sold

SECoda/tbln930
ScooteringAbout
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by ScooteringAbout »

That is certainly a unique looking scooter!
aka DrewJW
DAB
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013

Post by DAB »

DrewJW wrote:That is certainly a unique looking scooter!
Drew, you a politician? ;)
Other rides
Yamaha MT-01, Yamaha BT1100, Yamaha WR250R, Ducati 900 GTS, Honda VFR 750FV, Honda Forza 350
Valiant
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2015
Color: White

Post by Valiant »

Which is a very nice way of saying, "that's the ugliest thing I've ever seen".

And it is :D . At least, it looks that way from the side. Utterly out of proportion as far as that front goes.
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

Wew. I was afraid I was only one who cringed when looking at this scooter.
It probably is a great ride.....but, geeeezz!
Sing me, H. Clinton
Fizzy Rascal
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 (2015)
Color: White

Post by Fizzy Rascal »

DAB wrote:
Drew, you a politician? ;)
:D
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

If the wheels weren't round, I would have said that someone streeeeeetched the pic.
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
Driller
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Driller »

Ahhh, thy slings and arrows....
Yes, some would be more direct and say it is down right "Fugly". :lol:
It does take a different esthetic path. The custom scene in Japan takes these bikes into the realm of "Mondo Bizzaro".
Long and low, it reminds me somewhat of a cut down "lead sled" Mercury. Under lights and a sound system pumping out some ZZ Top might be interesting.
A good shakedown ride yesterday revealed a well performing scoot under all that bodywork. That long proboscis leads the way through the curves elegantly. Sort of the way my old '93 DeVille glides along. 8)
Despite the visual shock to some, there are merits that remind me of my old PCX which I regret selling to this day.No contest in the beauty contest at all.
As the character Archie Cunningham once said "the essential pleasure is the same".
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Driller wrote:I got carried away and picked up a 2006 Yamaha Morphous last week. Many things remind me of the PCX I had. The seating position, exposed bars, feel familiar only with larger proportions.

If the ergonomics of the Forza were more like the Morph I might have thought about one.
Digging the ride. 8)

That is fantastic
tbln930
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 PCX 150

Post by tbln930 »

I don't think it reaches the level of a "suppository" or worse. o_O It was a bit ahead of it's time and it does solve the leg issue on so many scooters.
2017 Kawasaki Versys X 300 ABS (Graphite) - 775 miles - Terry Adcox saddle, T-Rex skid, SW-Motech crash bars, Madstad windshield, Givi 30L top case, Ram X-Grip, thermometer, OEM center stand, OEM hand guards

2014 Suzuki V-Strom 1000 ABS Adventure (Candy Daring Red) - 8650 miles - too fast Givi Airflow WS, Givi V47 mount, Givi crash Bars, Givi skid plate, Ravetech GPS mount, USB power outlet, Easter Beaver Fuse box, Denali DR1 LEDs, MondoMoto LEDs, Tool Tube, Zumo 665 GPS, Cobra radar detector, Mobius HD camera

2013 Suzuki V-Strom 650 ABS Adventure (Metallic Thunder Gray) - Sold

2013 Honda PCX 150 (Candy Rose Red) - Sold

SECoda/tbln930
JohnL
Ozzie Old Fart
Ozzie Old Fart
Year: 2015
Color: Dark Red

Post by JohnL »

Is that the Helipad on the back? :D :D :D
speedandstyle
Regular User
Regular User

Post by speedandstyle »

I will be honest - I HATE the looks of the Morphous{same goes for the Honda Helix - same concept}. To me they look like someone put a scooter in a car smasher but stopped halfway. I don't like riding feet forward so that makes them worse in my mind.

But if you like it and it works for you then have at it - different strokes for different folks.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

You got a Yeh from me Driller ;)
It's different, it's unique, I like it :P Always have. Shame I never got to give one a try, because so few are around (here) anymore. I always imagined them to be smooth, balanced and comfortable but, a bit on the heavy.
I'll say this...your Morph is a bike that turns heads, and a turning head stands a better chance of "Seeing You!" That's a Big plus sitting on your new scoot limo.

Hey!....Does it play music? Have speakers?

About you selling your last PCX....did you say you were buying another? :lol: (you should) ;) (really) :P (in White) :D (2015) 8)

Cheers, be Safe and Enjoy
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You