2015 honda pcx150

Drivetrain upgrades, engine upgrades, or any other mods to gain speed or acceleration.

Moderator: Modsquad

Gforce808
Year: 2015
Color: White

2015 honda pcx150

Post by Gforce808 »

Is there any performance upgrades for the honda pcx150 out there yet? Top end speed..
Gforce808

Re: 2015 honda pcx150

Post by Gforce808 »

Gforce808 wrote:Is there any performance upgrades for the honda pcx150 out there yet? Top end speed..
I'm also looking for a deep throaty sounding exhaust system.. I've been hunting around, and haven't come across any..
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Gforce808 wrote:
Gforce808 wrote:Is there any performance upgrades for the honda pcx150 out there yet? Top end speed..
I'm also looking for a deep throaty sounding exhaust system.. I've been hunting around, and haven't come across any..
Deep and throaty sounding is probably a teeny bit hopeful from a single cylinder 0.15 litre twist and go economy scooter

But good luck to you.
ScooteringAbout
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by ScooteringAbout »

you you wrote:
Gforce808 wrote:
Deep and throaty sounding is probably a teeny bit hopeful from a single cylinder 0.15 litre twist and go economy scooter

But good luck to you.
:roll:
aka DrewJW
Valiant
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Valiant »

Yes, various.

http://japan.webike.net/HONDA/PCX150/6334/mtop/

You should note however that this IS a 153cc displacement engine, so you might end up with a top speed you'll never reach unless you're going downhill. I believe 65mph is roughly the most reliable speed you can get to, depending on your weight/cargo and how bulky your clothing/gear is. I've only managed to hit 71 mph on long downhill stretches with no headwind.
Gforce808 wrote: I'm also looking for a deep throaty sounding exhaust system.. I've been hunting around, and haven't come across any..
You mean loud pipes? Most aftermarket exhausts will be louder than stock. You can just avoid the ones with "Silent" in the description if you want loud pipes. If you're after the distinctive sound of a V-twin, you might want to actually just get a V-twin.

If you haven't already bought it, I would consider looking at a more powerful bike if that's what you're after. I personally have limited space, plus the extra storage space is something I use constantly, hence why I'm sticking with the PCX and modding it for speed/power. I'm also not a fan of manual transmission. Unless you have those same considerations, it would honestly be better to go with a 250cc motorcycle if you need the power and are already obsessing about your exhaust noise.