After market rear shocks?

Drivetrain upgrades, engine upgrades, or any other mods to gain speed or acceleration.

Moderator: Modsquad

Prehistoric_Dog
Year: 2015
Color: red

After market rear shocks?

Post by Prehistoric_Dog »

Hallo all,

I'm a new member to the forum, joined yesterday. I have just ordered a PCX 125 and will be picking it up in two weeks. After reading what felt like hundreds of scooter reviews decided that this one would be the best for me. Plus, lets face it she looks damned sexy. I am a bit on the heavy side at around 90 Kgs and so am a wee bit worried as to the performance of the rear shocks as many people seem to find them a bit too soft so was wondering if any of you lads or lasses had any information on good after market replacements. Thanks in advance to all that reply.
chainsaw
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013 150esp
Color: white/carbon

Re: After market rear shocks?

Post by chainsaw »

yss shocks are probably the best value around, you can get fully adjustable ones but the simple preload only ones work just fine. they come in a XL version to suit riders 90 - 120 kgs.
Prehistoric_Dog

chainsaw wrote:yss shocks are probably the best value around, you can get fully adjustable ones but the simple preload only ones work just fine. they come in a XL version to suit riders 90 - 120 kgs.

Thanks for the reply, I have been scouring the internet and have stumbled upon YSS. I guess I will get a set and have them fitted before I pick up my PCX
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Why not wait until you get the bike and see if you have an issue with the shocks?
Alibally
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2019
Color: Black

Post by Alibally »

you you wrote:Why not wait until you get the bike and see if you have an issue with the shocks?
That's exactly what I was thinking. See what like it is first.
GeorgeSK
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 13PCX,15Forza
Color: Both Red

Post by GeorgeSK »

I agree - try it as delivered for a while. When the Admiral and I go off on a jaunt, we bury not only your 90 kg, but the alleged weight capacity of the PCX. I will bottom out on really crummy road issues, but for the most part I can avoid them. Other than those "special" jolts, the ride is fine.

For the record, when Mantis is hauling my sorry butt around, he does fine, and I have you by at least five kilos - probably more with gear.
On my scoot, getting there is WAY more than half the fun!

Please paste this address into a new tab and add yourself to the map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1NlP7xk7KMdJReQnm-iDhldFBdpQ&ll=4.995760578398276%2C0&z=2
but please, don't delete anybody, no matter how badly they deserve deleting :)
Prehistoric_Dog

Okay okay, I get the message löl . So i will try it "as is" first.
Alibally
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2019
Color: Black

Post by Alibally »

Of course it's your bike. If you want a fancy set of rear shocks then go for it. They do look a lot better. :)