Helmet/Phone interface/headset kit Bluetooth

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Helmet/Phone interface/headset kit Bluetooth

Post by SECoda »

I am looking for a basic (works well but inexpensive) setup to use with my GMax GM54S that has the pockets for a headset, speakers, Bluetooth, etc.. Main purpose is to receive phone calls. My helmet is pretty quiet inside.

What are you using successfully? TIA
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Re: Helmet/Phone interface/headset kit Bluetooth

Post by you you »

SECoda wrote:I am looking for a basic (works well but inexpensive) setup to use with my GMax GM54S that has the pockets for a headset, speakers, Bluetooth, etc.. Main purpose is to receive phone calls. My helmet is pretty quiet inside.

What are you using successfully? TIA
Answerphone
dkazzed
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: N/A

Post by dkazzed »

I love my Sena SMH-10. Would love the new 20S though which has Bluetooth 4.0 and an FM Radio. There is the SMH-5 FM as well but it has weaker speakers (you can get SMH-10 speakers for it) and can only intercom with one other user at a time (probably not a huge issue for most riders).
2015 Honda CB300F ABS
SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Post by SECoda »

I was just looking at the Sena SMH5-FM for about $120. Seems to have good ratings. The 10 is on sale for about $150. I guess I don't understand the feature differences yet among the models.

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle-acce ... ed&tab=all
dkazzed
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: N/A

Post by dkazzed »

Here's a good video showing the difference.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICjcN9rZuhk

I don't think my SMH10 is perfect. I would've loved the FM radio. I also had one instance where the SMH10 unit unclipped itself from the helmet mount at a stop light while I flipped up my modular helmet to take a sip of water. The SMH5 has shorter battery life but that can be offset with a 12V micro USB plug or a portable USB battery. The SMH10 uses a boom mic while the SMH5 has a velcro mic. SMH10 speakers has better sound but you can get SMH10 speakers and boom mic for the SMH5.
2015 Honda CB300F ABS