NCY Variator, Face Plate/belt and roller wear

Drivetrain upgrades, engine upgrades, or any other mods to gain speed or acceleration.

Moderator: Modsquad

pcx man
Regular User
Regular User

NCY Variator, Face Plate/belt and roller wear

Post by pcx man »

I installed a NCY variator and face plate on my 2013 PCX 150. I also installed new stock Honda rollers and belt. I would like to know if this set up wears the belt and rollers faster than normal.
I ask this because I have a Honda 50cc Ruckus that I installed an after marker variator on and it now wears out rollers and the belt in 1500 miles. Normal stock last over 10k. What is the highest miles using this setup that you have on your PCX?
Valiant
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2015
Color: White

Re: NCY Variator, Face Plate/belt and roller wear

Post by Valiant »

I find it doubtful that the change itself might cause the parts to wear faster. Maybe you might wear a groove into the pulley faces because the belt stays in the middle longer.

However, I can't exactly say that these aftermarket parts are quite as durable as OEM parts, so that might be part of the problem.
pcx man
Regular User
Regular User

Post by pcx man »

Out of all he people on this form running the NCY variator and face plate on a 2013 PCX 150 no one has info? Just let me know how many miles you have run the NCY variator and face plate on a 2013 PCX 150 without trouble.
SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Post by SECoda »

I only have about 100 miles on mine. I would not be surprised to see the belt wear up a little more with the higher rpm range at the most common speed range but that seems a bit drastic. Anyway, Its no biggie to switch back to stock if that is a big issues. I have NCY variator, NCY face plate, and NCY 13gr rollers which are a lot lighter than stock plus I left the old belt in. I have a new belt and the stock parts to slam back in if need be at a moments notice. There was little wear on the old stuff. There are also reinforced belts available.
SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Post by SECoda »

Interesting post on variator tuning and belt wear for the Zuma 125. I think some of it applies.

Sounds like there may be better belts out there.

http://www.zumaforums.net/phpBB3/viewto ... 55&t=23607