remove rearwheel Scoopy i 125

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

Pjotra64
Year: 2012
Color: white

remove rearwheel Scoopy i 125

Post by Pjotra64 »

Hi there,
I am sitting in Thailand and hace a 125 Scoopy available to me. There are a lot of those here. Already two times I was approached by another user with a flat rear tyre, with the question how to remove the rear wheel, in order to avoid walking to the workshop to have the tyre fixed or replaced.
When I look at the manual on thismsite I conclude that all versions of the scooter here are somewhat different, they have a one sides wheel attachment and no swingarm, as showed in the pictures. We already took off the exhaust, but the nut of the rearwheel itself is so fastened that even the strongest guy was not able to loosen it. Are we doing something wrong?
A helpfull mail would certainly be appreciated!
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Re: remove rearwheel Scoopy i 125

Post by you you »

Pjotra64 wrote:Hi there,
I am sitting in Thailand and hace a 125 Scoopy available to me. There are a lot of those here. Already two times I was approached by another user with a flat rear tyre, with the question how to remove the rear wheel, in order to avoid walking to the workshop to have the tyre fixed or replaced.
When I look at the manual on thismsite I conclude that all versions of the scooter here are somewhat different, they have a one sides wheel attachment and no swingarm, as showed in the pictures. We already took off the exhaust, but the nut of the rearwheel itself is so fastened that even the strongest guy was not able to loosen it. Are we doing something wrong?
A helpfull mail would certainly be appreciated!

Are you using a breaker bar or relying on a socket set ratchet?
HawaiiJ
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Re: remove rearwheel Scoopy i 125

Post by HawaiiJ »

The easy way is to visit the shop and ask them to come to your location. Had done this with a yamaha spoked min a few times. It only cost a couple of baht more. .. I Google YouTube but did not see an exact match for scoopy and rear tire removal.