Gerbing or Venture Battery Gloves?

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Gerbing or Venture Battery Gloves?

Post by fish »

Any feedback or endorsements for the the Venture or Gerbing battery heated gloves?
Not wanting the expense of wiring to the batteries of two scooters, and wanting a bit of warmth when I'm off the scoot for a time - I am looking only at the gloves which carry the batteries in the gloves.
Thanks in advance for any comments.
Fish
Steph
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 150cc
Color: Black PCX

Re: Gerbing or Venture Battery Gloves?

Post by Steph »

Chemical hand warner's in a pair of mitts. Works great for me. Lasts 8 hours.
sendler2112
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013 PCX150

Post by sendler2112 »

I have the Venture Heat plug in glove liners. I can wear any gloves or mitts that I want over them and they never run out of juice. I wonder how long the batteries run? You get 1 battery harness with each set of heated gear that you buy and it takes 5 minutes to install it. The cord for the liners is a hassle though. I have the jacket liner and pants liner also so the cord for the glove liners is built in to the sleeves of the jacket but if you don't have this, you will want to temporarily fit the cord inside your riding jacket with some safety pins.
Atis
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Atis »

If you are willing to do the job yourself you could install a Symtec Motorcycle Hand Warmer Kit for about $40. Less than a the cost of electric gloves. For an additional $30 or so you could add a nicer switch and relay and fuse set for switched power to protect from discharging your battery if you forget to turn it off. Agreed gloves may offer a little more comfort but you can't beat the convenience of flipping on heat on the fly and wearing any gloves or mittens you want without worrying about wires or batteries. It's the only mod I've done to my Forza and it's been working flawlessly. Other than the switch mounted next to the grips you would not even be able to spot a change, I even have the original rubber grips.
Honda 2014 Forza 300 (ABS)
Honda 1995 Elite 80 (Sold)
rew750

Post by rew750 »

I bought the Mobile Warming battery gloves and they work well. I wear them on the highest setting with a thin glove layer underneath at 30 degrees and my hands weren't cold. They aren't cheap though and on the highest setting they last about 2 hours before needing recharging. I also have a Mobile Warming vest as well.

http://www.compacc.com/p/mobile-warming ... ell-gloves
SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Post by SECoda »

I think I would want the gloves plugged in. Not really much wiring tapping in under the seat and up through a wire in the jacket with connectors. The Battery Tender connector and power adapter takes about ten minutes to install. You have to disconnect a connector to get off of the bike so draining the battery isn't really an issue. For me it would work then for both bikes.

Like these for mittens
http://www.compacc.com/p/ventureheat-12 ... ove-liners
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

rew750 wrote:I bought the Mobile Warming battery gloves and they work well. I wear them on the highest setting with a thin glove layer underneath at 30 degrees and my hands weren't cold. They aren't cheap though and on the highest setting they last about 2 hours before needing recharging. I also have a Mobile Warming vest as well.

http://www.compacc.com/p/mobile-warming ... ell-gloves
Thanks for the heads up on these.
I kept looking for a solution which also provides a safe leather glove - in case of an 'off'.
So, trying another pair of the Gerbing liners today - after they charge overnight will report back.
Over these thin battery powered liners I will wear secure leather riding gauntlets.
Fish
sendler2112
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013 PCX150

Post by sendler2112 »

How do those compare to the Venture heat battery glove liners.
http://www.ventureheat.com/battery-heat ... iners.html
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

sendler2112 wrote:How do those compare to the Venture heat battery glove liners.
http://www.ventureheat.com/battery-heat ... iners.html
Write up does not look as good....and video descriptions not as good.
But I'm still trying to sort these items out.
Will know more about the Gerbing in a few days when the temp drops again for my night ride to work.
Fish