Lowered

Drivetrain upgrades, engine upgrades, or any other mods to gain speed or acceleration.

Moderator: Modsquad

Drifter
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 13
Color: red

Lowered

Post by Drifter »

Has anyone lowered the pcx, the front seems easy just slide the tubes up a bit, looks like shorter shocks for the rear. Shorter side stand might be needed as well. Add a pic if you have one!
dem0nk1d
Regular User
Regular User

Re: Lowered

Post by dem0nk1d »

Drifter, the best bet is to just chop the foot off and reweld it. This whole buying another kickstand is too expensive... Plus you get to learn a valuable trade! if you don't have the funds, i am pretty sure the local muffler shop will do it under 10 bucks.

Now for shocks, the rear spring in the back shock is replaceable, if you want to go crazy you could either heat and compress the stock shock making it shorter, or cut out a few coils.. This is a low budget mod of course.
Indyglow
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Post by Indyglow »

I got lowering shocks for the rear plus got my seat cut and plastic welded to lower that, too. I did these things to make it easy for me to have both feet flat on the ground. Is this what you mean by lowering, or are you talking about something else?
Drifter
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Drifter »

I have done the cheap fix on several motorcycles through the years, cutting springs and side stands. It works, remember lowering links that changed the angle of the shock....wont work on pcx cause the shock is at the end of the swing arm.

Indy, where did you get the shocks, do you have pics? How much did they cost and how low did you go?

Adding the bigger tires just ups the seat height, so lower it must go. Im looking at one of the seats like Mel has. This damn hump has got to go! :(
Indyglow
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Indyglow »

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2473&hilit=takegawa+lowering+shocks This link shows the shocks.
Indyglow
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Indyglow »

You'll have to copy/paste the link, I forgot how to make links go live...............
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

I have the Takegawa lowering shocks on both of our bikes. It works well for lowering the seat a little over 1 inch. However, if you can afford to and really want to lower your bike a lot you could extend the rear engine mount. I haven't done this but it looks like some riders in Thailand have done it. Looks like you could go 3 inches back and lower it quite a bit. I don't know if you would change shocks or not, but here is the thread.
http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f ... ear+mounts
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
Drifter
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Drifter »

Thats an informative thread!! I wonder if you buy the shock mounts alone you could lower that way. What did you pay for the shocks?