Sissy bar

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

super_g

Sissy bar

Post by super_g »

I ended up with the sissy bar instead of the top box, just didn't like the look of the box. I ordered the sissy bar from rideaddict.com

I have been really happy with it, a lot more comfortable carrying the kids and I use it lock my helmet to the bike.
Attachments
photo-1.JPG
photo-1.JPG (148.83 KiB) Viewed 7071 times
photo.JPG
photo.JPG (138.1 KiB) Viewed 7071 times
Taz
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: Sissy bar

Post by Taz »

First pic I have seen with a sissy bar on a PCX, good idea. I wonder if it could go on top of my rack as I too didnt want a top box. My 15 year old son wont wrap his arms round me when sitting pillion, so this could be good for him!

iPhone after UK Aprl 2012 098 by TazPCX, on Flickr
JGC
Regular User
Regular User

Post by JGC »

Take the rack off and put the siisy bar on?
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Great idea! No, I think Taz means that he wants to Add the sissybar/backrest to his rack so his kid can feel secure riding with him. I like the idea of the sissy bar, but not to crazy with the "V" shape of it :roll: perhaps a bigger pad might look better?? I don't have a top box either...tailbag instead.
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

WhiteNoise wrote:Great idea! No, I think Taz means that he wants to Add the sissybar/backrest to his rack so his kid can feel secure riding with him. I like the idea of the sissy bar, but not to crazy with the "V" shape of it :roll: perhaps a bigger pad might look better?? I don't have a top box either...tailbag instead.
I know what you mean. It looks like a part from a wheelchair or an orthopaedic device to me
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by maddiedog »

Looks good to me. Good idea too. It provides a lot more support than the little tiny low ones you can get from Thailand.
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Idea...What about painting those bolts to black -or- changing them out to black?
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

The back rest and the rack are a bit too touratech for me and jar with the oriental Honda styling
super_g

Post by super_g »

I agree, the shape was not ideal but it was the only one I could find. Actually there were some others but I didn't want to deal with overseas shipping and modding them to fit.

The fit is very nice, it bolts to the first two holes that would be used for the top box.
charleslabounty

Post by charleslabounty »

Hi,
Picked up my 150 this Saturday. Bought it to carry on the back of my little RV.
Where did the back rest/sissy bar comefrom ?
And how about the flat luggage rack?

(The Givi rack has the locking mounts on it and may not fit well with a cheap JC Whitney top box.)

Thanks
Charlie
super_g

Post by super_g »

Check out

rideaddict.com
charleslabounty

Post by charleslabounty »

To Taz,
Where did you get the "flat" luggage rack?

It looks very adaptable.
The one mage by TCP on the rideaddict.com site that super_g gave me doe not look as easy to mount a sisy bar to or top box as yours does.
I fact, it looks like the TCP sissy bar could be mounted to your luggage rack -- maybe just have to drill two more hole.
thanks

Charlie
super_g

Post by super_g »

I agree the best of both worlds would be have Taz's flat rack with sissy bar. From the looks of it, it should be possible. You just need access to the front two mounting holes for the sissy bar and they seem accessible from his picture. rideaddict also sells a luggage rack that appears to work with the sissy bar but modding something to work together would be more fun.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Gn2 only drinks in sissy bars
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

I haven't drunk alcohol since 1985 and I'm certainly not an uphill gardener.
But just like Jonathan, I have danced in a lesbian bar.

Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
Taz
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Taz »

charleslabounty wrote:To Taz,
Where did you get the "flat" luggage rack?

It looks very adaptable.
The one mage by TCP on the rideaddict.com site that super_g gave me doe not look as easy to mount a sisy bar to or top box as yours does.
I fact, it looks like the TCP sissy bar could be mounted to your luggage rack -- maybe just have to drill two more hole.
thanks

Charlie
I bought it when in Singapore from Wing Yap. They have a web site if you want to order from them. I paid around US$50 for it anjd its rated for 13kg I believe.
ScooterMan
Regular User
Regular User

Post by ScooterMan »

Dangit, I want this one, but looks like it's not available for shipping outside Turkey! I like it because unlike the OP's 2 bolt mounting, this one mounts to all four holes, shouldn't flex, and sit much higher so my kids could actually lean back on it. Also looks like it mounts further forward toward the front of the bike. And, it's only $52 US. Shipping couldn't be that bad if it was shippable. Couldn't weight more than 4lbs with packaging. Couldn't find anyone selling this one on Ebay. =(

http://www.sahibinden.com/listing/yedek ... 585/detail
2015 PCX 150 (White)[/color]
Top speed 76mph(2015) 79mph (2013)with NCY variator & Drive Face
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

I'd almost give that one a go on my own back (if one were made for the operator).

ScooterMan, just asking, how hard could these be to make? It's always about finding the Time to do it, right? I'm thinking it uses Minimal materials and cost to make. Am I wrong?
IF someone where to make them they could sell them here on the forum. How cool!
With the goal of making two: One For op, one for pillion.
8) Anybody ever consider setting up shop and making "Any Kind" of PCX body-wear here in the U.S.? We need you!!
Retirees? Hobbyist? Anyone??
Can't hurt to ask ;)
ScooterMan
Regular User
Regular User

Post by ScooterMan »

I agree WhiteNoise, it's not hard, but in order to make it look right and not garage made, would take some time and know how. Would rather spend a reasonable amount on something already made. Just went down after posting this and mounted a milk crate on the back, fashioned some armrests and it came out ok. Ugly looking, but ok. Was thinking of taking my kid on the scoot on about a 110 mile each way journey this week to the NHRA Drag Races in Pomona, CA. It would be a LONG ride on a scooter/motorcycle, etc. Car would be MUCH more comfortable. Maybe I'll just do the car! Lol.

Its just that I'm always up for a challenge. Problem is, sometimes I drag my family into MY challenges...like this summer vacation a few months ago...we had to turn in the rental car at 11pm and the flight left the next morn at 7am. I thought, "If we get a hotel room, we're going to have to wake up at 4am anyway to get ready, finish packing and catch the shuttle to the airport...why not just sleep in the airport and save $100!"

Long story short, barely got any sleep but as a result, managed to catch a few zzzz's on the plane and did save $100, but don't think the wife was amused! Lol.
2015 PCX 150 (White)[/color]
Top speed 76mph(2015) 79mph (2013)with NCY variator & Drive Face
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

gn2 wrote:I haven't drunk alcohol since 1985 and I'm certainly not an uphill gardener.
But just like Jonathan, I have danced in a lesbian bar.

In yer scot frock?