Tall Windscreen For 2015 PCX150

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

pcxowner
Year: MY2014
Color: black

Re: Tall Windscreen For 2015 PCX150

Post by pcxowner »

petercriddell wrote:I have a Honda Tall windscreen on order for my 2015 PCX150. Has anybody else installed one on a 2015 PCX150? I'm wondering how hard it is to pry that u-shaped shield off after you remove the two front retaining screws. TIA!
To remove the U-shaped shield, is very easy and simple.
Personally, what i don't like with the Honda windscreen, is that we have to change the place of the mirrors (by using the ugly ... included adaptors).
So, i'll buy the GIVI.
Other than that, it's a good windscreen (tall and wide).
GIVIpcx2014
petercriddell
Year: 2015
Color: Pearl White

Post by petercriddell »

pcxowner wrote:
petercriddell wrote:I have a Honda Tall windscreen on order for my 2015 PCX150. Has anybody else installed one on a 2015 PCX150? I'm wondering how hard it is to pry that u-shaped shield off after you remove the two front retaining screws. TIA!
To remove the U-shaped shield, is very easy and simple.
Personally, what i don't like with the Honda windscreen, is that we have to change the place of the mirrors (by using the ugly ... included adaptors).
So, i'll buy the GIVI.
Other than that, it's a good windscreen (tall and wide).
I'm glad to hear it's easy! But how do you do it? The instructions aren't very detailed on that point.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Perhaps this page from the New 2013-2015 Service Manual will help. The plastic tools can be purchased from Amazon or Harbor Freight to help you remove body tupperware. Make sure you follow instructions for "after 2013 model." Good luck Peter, and let's see it mounted when your done ;)

You can also purchase a copy of the 2013-2015 Svc. Manual by going to http://www.helminc.com
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (187.49 KiB) Viewed 1498 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (35.99 KiB) Viewed 1498 times
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
petercriddell
Color: Pearl White

Post by petercriddell »

AWESOME! Thank you VERY much! This is great!
pcxowner

Post by pcxowner »

petercriddell wrote:AWESOME! Thank you VERY much! This is great!
Check this ... http://powersports.honda.com/documentum ... 36-A00.pdf

It might help you.
GIVIpcx2014
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

All Bases covered ;)
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
pcxowner

Post by pcxowner »

Good news for the PCX 2014 owners !
GIVI has just announced a new version of it's windsvreeen for PCX 2014.
A taller and wider one (81,5cm X 55,0cm).
The new code is ... D1130ST.
It is a transparent screen, not a smoked one.
Unfortunately, there is no picture yet.
See here ... http://www.givi.it/my-motorcycle#HONDA, ... 0_%2814%29
GIVIpcx2014
DeaninMilwaukee
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013

Post by DeaninMilwaukee »

I was going to suggest this one, http://shop.nationalcycle.com/perl/cycle/N20051 as its the one I have on my 2013 and it works very well, but to my surprise there is no part number for the 2015. Hopefully that will change soon.

I'm 5'9" and can easily see over the top with the wind just hitting the top of my helmet. If I crouch just a tiny bit, it becomes very quiet and turbulence free. I could go cross county easily with this windscreen.

Dean
jblye
Regular User
Regular User
Color: Black

Post by jblye »

I'm glad I waited for this new TALL Givi windscreen. They originally told me that they did not plan to make one
for the 2015 PCX.
I sent an e-mail to Givi asking them when it would be available for sale in the US. If I found out anything, I'll post it
here.
Johnny
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Thanks for contacting Givi Johnny :)
Their 2015 screens have been patiently awaited. Soon we'll be given the choice of a tall or medium (or both :D ) Cheers to that!
jblye
Regular User
Regular User

Post by jblye »

I talked to Givi's Eastern USA distributor (Charlotte) today.

They don't expect to receive the new D1130ST tall windscreen for the 2015 PCX150 until late Spring ( ~ May 2015 ).

When they receive it, it will be sold through all of the usual US Givi distributors.

Guess we'll have to wait a while longer. At least they now plan to sell it. I'd like to have one right now for the
cold weather, but it ain't gonna happen.

Johnny
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Really? Late Spring? :|
That's a leap from February when the Givi med. height screen arrives. Wonder why the tall will take longer? Hmm, who knows.
When they're tangible, I'll believe.
Tribpreper
Banned User
Banned User

Choosing Windscreens

Post by Tribpreper »

Having spent well north of a Grand trying to find the right screen for my last ride - BMW R1150R, may I submit some observations for perusal;
One inch change in any dimension can make a screen acceptable, or intolerable.
One inch change in angle of deflection can do the same.
Thickness of the material can be crucial; Too thin and a dozen variables may induce a visually imperceptible resonance, which may or may not vibrate at a given speed depending upon the rider dimensions, rider clothing coefficient, speed, wind speed / angle/ gusting. And much more. That resonance can be maddening!
A screen large enough to keep you comfy in the winter will bake you in the summer, unless it is vented - and even then...

At that forum we too compared notes as we learned, and our: delights, frustrations, and misreporting, were roller-coasters of comic relief!

There is no perfect windscreen. All is compromise. For example; a given screen may good for a six-foot rider, but for a 6'1" man the wind noise is deafening. Many of us found that simple ¼" shims in the upper mounts moved the top of a screen forward ¾" - reducing buffeting to acceptable levels.
Most of us refused to shell out the $600 for the huge Aeroflow screen, and found that the best all-around screen for the average rider was the half-screen which put air at chest level, thus allowing at any speed; some wind to lean against with it rolling off the shoulders, little buffeting of the helmet, head, and ears, affordable, good year-round.
Basically, if you can't get the air over the helmet, then you will not like anything above the upper chest.

I have no empirical evidence but, I suspect that a large screen will tax the little 150, while creating a deadzone or backflow behind the rider, both of which may reduce MPGs.
pcxowner

Post by pcxowner »

Correct approach of the .... ''windscreen'' chapter !
GIVIpcx2014
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

I love my stock screen! I totally forget I'm open to the wind,...my chest and head. Just like my arms and hands.
I keep "thinking" I have a mid height Givi on my 2015 like I had on my 2011. Hel-lo? I don't :?
I'm a fruitcake! :lol: so be it.
Am I anxious to change out my stock screen, No. Well, at least not for now, not until a Boulder flys up and smacks me. OMG! Then I'll "snap-out-of-it" and remember that I have a wee screen. Let us Pray....

(I do want a rear rack though and possibly the newly styled Honda bin box. Not sure).

>>> Trib....where the Heck have You been? Missed Ya! Did you get a PCX yet? Whatcha thinking about it?
Geez man
SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Post by SECoda »

Large beetle hits is exactly when I decided I needed a w/s on my PCX the first time. In the summer they hurt. :oops: I guess a Kevlar vest would help. :)
jblye
Regular User
Regular User

Post by jblye »

One additional thought: There is an add-on reverse airflow spoiler called the "Laminar Lip" (laminar lip.com) that
raises airflow 6 to 8 inches higher. I had two of those in the past (on my Ducati: one for a standard screen and
one for a taller screen that I bought). They actually work, but to get the desired effect (reduced wind noise and
buffeting), the screen that the LL is mounted on needs to come up approximately to the area between the nose
and mouth. A properly fitted LL creates an air pocket that dramatically reduces wind noise and buffeting.
Sooooo.....after I buy a screen (Givi D1130ST, maybe), if it still has noise and buffeting, I will probably mail the
screen to Laminar Lip and get them to fit a screen to it (because they don't have a Laminar Lip that is made
specifically for the 2015 PCX). They have such a wide variety of Laminar Lip spoilers for many different screens
that they could probably find one that would fit the PCX screen. Advantage: A properly sized LL should permit
the rider to look over the top of the screen without being blasted in the neck and face by air turbulence.
Just wanted to let everyone know that these spoilers are a possible option. They are well made, inexpensive,
and I never had any problems with the two LLs that I owned....and they work well when installed on a windscreen of
proper height (important ! ).
Johnny
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

WhiteNoise wrote:I love my stock screen! I totally forget I'm open to the wind,...my chest and head. Just like my arms and hands.
I keep "thinking" I have a mid height Givi on my 2015 like I had on my 2011. Hel-lo? I don't :?
I'm a fruitcake! :lol: so be it.
Am I anxious to change out my stock screen, No. Well, at least not for now, not until a Boulder flys up and smacks me. OMG! Then I'll "snap-out-of-it" and remember that I have a wee screen. Let us Pray....

(I do want a rear rack though and possibly the newly styled Honda bin box. Not sure).

>>> Trib....where the Heck have You been? Missed Ya! Did you get a PCX yet? Whatcha thinking about it?
Geez man
I agree. It's a teeny scooter that bridges the gap between a bicycle and a real bike. The wind (such that it is) is great!!!

Try pulling your head out of the bubble of a turbo hyabusa on a drag day. Actually that was great too :D :)
Tribpreper
Banned User
Banned User

Post by Tribpreper »

WhiteNoise wrote:>>> Trib....where the Heck have You been? Missed Ya! Did you get a PCX yet? Whatcha thinking about it?
Geez man
Missed you guys too; Great bunch here! PCX? PCX...
What PCX? I thought this was the Gurney Gator forum. Gosh, this is embarrassing. :oops:

:D Drum roll.....
it's commin'
pcxowner

Post by pcxowner »

Since there is no picture available for the upcoming D1130ST in the official GIVI site,
here is the first photo i found about the new tall windscreen for PCX 125/150 2014.

Check this .... http://automoto.kr/shop/goods/goods_pop ... dsno=20998
GIVIpcx2014