Got my new 2015MY PCX 125 today!

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

PCXade
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: Red

Got my new 2015MY PCX 125 today!

Post by PCXade »

Ah, the wait finally ended. I had been playing the collection handover in my head every night for over a week and imagining the drive back.

Picked up my lovely new sparkling red PCX 125 from the Honda dealer who have been great.

Of course, being England the rain was pissing down and the roads were almost flooded but it wasn't going to stop me picking it up - I was like a little kid despite being in my 40s.
I thought it was quite a brave move. I have never had a scooter or other powered bike in my life and the ride back was a tad scary.

First impressions
  • Bloody windy shifting along at 50 MPH even
  • I should have taken gloves - my hands were numb after the 9 mile journey
  • I felt good, damn good, excited and adrenaline rushed and this is 'just' a scooter
  • Bloody hell, these things are scary to turn! o_O It is obviously a technique to it and I am still learning. I seem to have a problem with right handers at about 30MPH
The Good Stuff
  • Smoooooooth on nice roads
  • More than enough power for me - fine in fast moving traffic
  • Felt very well balanced
  • The brakes were awesome despite being brand new
  • The scooter looks the mutts nutts - absolutely gorgeous
  • The lights and high sitting position give you confidence
  • The little slope behind your bum is actually really good
  • The bike just oozes class, like somebody has spent a lot of time making it perfect
The Less Good Stuff
  • It doesn't like small, medium or large holes - or drains - or ruts
  • You can't lock the little compartment to the left
  • Er......

Overall, this scooter is an absolute work of art and I can't wait to show it off to friends and family.
I am over the moon - my first time riding and it was in rain, VERY wet roads and windy and I STILL LOVED IT!!!! 8)

Pics soon... was still raining when I got back.
Picked up my lovely new PCX 125 in Red on Monday 13th October 2014!
The love affair starts now....
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Re: Got my new 2015MY PCX 125 today!

Post by you you »

PCXade wrote:Ah, the wait finally ended. I had been playing the collection handover in my head every night for over a week and imagining the drive back.

Picked up my lovely new sparkling red PCX 125 from the Honda dealer who have been great.

Of course, being England the rain was pissing down and the roads were almost flooded but it wasn't going to stop me picking it up - I was like a little kid despite being in my 40s.
I thought it was quite a brave move. I have never had a scooter or other powered bike in my life and the ride back was a tad scary.

First impressions
  • Bloody windy shifting along at 50 MPH even
  • I should have taken gloves - my hands were numb after the 9 mile journey
  • I felt good, damn good, excited and adrenaline rushed and this is 'just' a scooter
  • Bloody hell, these things are scary to turn! o_O It is obviously a technique to it and I am still learning. I seem to have a problem with right handers at about 30MPH
The Good Stuff
  • Smoooooooth on nice roads
  • More than enough power for me - fine in fast moving traffic
  • Felt very well balanced
  • The brakes were awesome despite being brand new
  • The scooter looks the mutts nutts - absolutely gorgeous
  • The lights and high sitting position give you confidence
  • The little slope behind your bum is actually really good
  • The bike just oozes class, like somebody has spent a lot of time making it perfect
The Less Good Stuff
  • It doesn't like small, medium or large holes - or drains - or ruts
  • You can't lock the little compartment to the left
  • Er......

Overall, this scooter is an absolute work of art and I can't wait to show it off to friends and family.
I am over the moon - my first time riding and it was in rain, VERY wet roads and windy and I STILL LOVED IT!!!! 8)

Pics soon... was still raining when I got back.
Excellent post some pictures

And get some gloves :D
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

You are going to want to mount your I-phone for GPS. Before you start fiddling with that glove box door that has the power port behind it please let me suggest a better way to route your power cord. What phone do you use? There is every kind of crazy stuff going on in here and most seem protruding and require cutting a path for the cord through the door... not necessary.
JohnL
Ozzie Old Fart
Ozzie Old Fart
Color: Dark Red

Post by JohnL »

Congratulations PCXade your real life has just begun, keep posting and take us all for the ride.

Your right turn problem is easy to overcome, it's been posted a number of times on this forum. I was having the same problem doing figure eights to get my licence, and the instructor simply told me to look where you want to go. The next turn i did was perfect. Each time you want to turn, simply look where you want to end up and don't be scared of falling over, it won't happen and you will be able to execute tight turns. :D :D
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Good advice JohnL!

Welcome Very excited PCX first time rider & member..... PCXade!! Congratulations 8)
I have to ask this right away....Have you given any thought to taking a Motorcycle safety course?
Enjoy your scoot, Itsa Fun one!
Oh, and bring on the pics! :D
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
ScooterMan
Regular User
Regular User

Post by ScooterMan »

So, is the 150 available in the UK? Is there tiered licensing there? Just unsure why a 125 vs. a 150? Congrats either way. =)
2015 PCX 150 (White)[/color]
Top speed 76mph(2015) 79mph (2013)with NCY variator & Drive Face
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

Post by iceman »

No - no 150 PCX. It's due to european bureaucrats changing the law many years ago limiting new riders who pass the basic road test, a CBT, to 125cc and or less than 15bhp. To ride anything with more cc's or more bhp you need to pass a level 2 test or full bike test (the level 1 test just allows you to ditch the large L plates, carry a passenger (not allowed with a CBT) and ride on motorways - not that you would have fun with a 125!).

Therefore in the UK and probably across Europe, no market for a 150cc as anyone passing a full test and wanting to ride fast on motorways or show-off doing 60 in a 20-30 zone in a built up area (normally teenagers) would pass over the 150 and go to a 250/300 or more. There may be a market for a more powerful low-end scoot, but not a big one.

Before the changes, with no real test and having a full UK driving licence, you could go to a dealer and come away with up to a 250cc! (in hindsight, perhaps a good idea as there were quite a few accidents, esp, as people would never have been on two wheels on the road).
PCXade
Regular User
Regular User

Post by PCXade »

you you wrote:
And get some gloves :D
Skint at present.. Saving up for a second helmet and have today been using some soft Nike running gloves but they do not keep out the cold and get soaked.

However, I have found ONE of my skiing gloves :D
Have got the missus to search for the other one!
PCXade
Regular User
Regular User

Post by PCXade »

JohnL wrote:Congratulations PCXade your real life has just begun, keep posting and take us all for the ride.

Your right turn problem is easy to overcome, it's been posted a number of times on this forum. I was having the same problem doing figure eights to get my licence, and the instructor simply told me to look where you want to go. The next turn i did was perfect. Each time you want to turn, simply look where you want to end up and don't be scared of falling over, it won't happen and you will be able to execute tight turns. :D :D
Thanks.
Yeah, I looked on YouTube for tips and this 'look where you wish to be' is a great help, thanks.
I had a few rides today and I didnt notice anything bad about my turns at all but I am still a long way away from being completely comfortable with it. It is still weird.

I tried that thing where you take your hands off and push the right grip and the bike goes to the right.. bloody weird! :o Laws of physics..
PCXade
Regular User
Regular User

Post by PCXade »

WhiteNoise wrote:Good advice JohnL!

Welcome Very excited PCX first time rider & member..... PCXade!! Congratulations 8)
I have to ask this right away....Have you given any thought to taking a Motorcycle safety course?
Enjoy your scoot, Itsa Fun one!
Oh, and bring on the pics! :D
Yep, I am soon to book myself and my wife on a local course ending up with a more advanced riding license.
My confidence is not too bad but my missus will need a fair bit of help methinks.
PCXade
Regular User
Regular User

Post by PCXade »

Had my first 'moment'.... :?

I was avidly reading riding tips on YouTube the night before I got my scooter and one thing that stood out was AVOID draincovers in the wet.

When I could see them I went to the side of them.
However, I came to a roundabout (Americans may need to google it ;) ) and was turning and slowing on the brakes and the bike unavoidably went over 3 bloody drain covers in one.
The front skipped and the back had a big (to me) slide causing the bike to almost topple over only saved by my right foot and probably my strong road cycle racing thighs.
I would't say I crapped myself but I took it a lot easier for the last mile or so home :P

Great lesson learned though.. Take it EVEN EASIER in the wet in case something nasty is coming and never brake on a drain cover - it's like glass.
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

Painted surfaces are also your enemy... and don't crash yet because no panels for 2015 until December :) BEHAVE YOURSELF!
danieljw
Regular User
Regular User
Color: RED

Post by danieljw »

I myself nearly had an off in the wet on my 2015 pcx, from experience the standard Irc tyres are really really good in the dry, but in the wet I feel it's a whole new world! Having ridden scooters for many years I feel qualified to say these tyres are nothing but dangerous at time in the wet and always remind me of the poor quality tyres you get with new Chinese scooter / bikes. I'm not sure weather it's anything to do with the 'low rolling resistance' in them I'm not sure, maybee very hard compound?

City grips are on my shopping list
Honda PCX125 - 1000miles

iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)

Post by iceman »

My RST gloves, not sold as waterproof ones but claimed by about 30 reviews to be waterproof in pouring rain, proved not to be during the single really bad downpour on my 9 mile commute home from work! So much for reviews. They are fine in on/off rain, but consistent heavy rain - no chance.
TXpcx

Post by TXpcx »

Wow, another 2015 PCX on the road. Congrats on taking the dive into the scooter world and choosing one of the best (in my opinion) scooters available. Im glad too that I bought the 2015 PCX,seems like it has been upgraded with all types of goodies. Interesting about the 125 only for the UK, I'm sure if allowed you Brits would love the 150 we have here in the states. I like the Pearl white that I got but have seen pics of the PCX ( other countries) in other colors with red seats and think they look great. Would like to see Honda offer other colors here. Black or White will have to do I guess. Good luck and enjoy your scoot.
kcpcx
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Candy Rosy Red

Post by kcpcx »

Very nice. I saw a study which determined that red PCX owners were 10% more attractive and 15% more intelligent than those owning other colors.
'88 BMW R100RT
SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Post by SECoda »

And faster. :lol: :lol: :lol: I had to pause for a 2015 to catch up. :P (I guess that only works on the US version)
TXpcx

Post by TXpcx »

kcpcx wrote:Very nice. I saw a study which determined that red PCX owners were 10% more attractive and 15% more intelligent than those owning other colors.
Yeah, that's right. I saw that. It also said 9 out of 10 dentists surveyed that 2015 white PCX's produced whiter smiles and cleaner smelling breath. Lol
kcpcx
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Candy Rosy Red

Post by kcpcx »

SECoda wrote:And faster. :lol: :lol: :lol: I had to pause for a 2015 to catch up. :P (I guess that only works on the US version)

Ha ha ha---excellent
'88 BMW R100RT
PCXade
Regular User
Regular User

Post by PCXade »

UPDATE:

I am LOVING this PCX.. bloody brilliant, beyond my expectations.. I am sooooo hooked.