weird tire mix...

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

weird tire mix...

Post by homie »

This fellow has a strange tire combination that needs further explanation. He has obviously struggled to beef up his tires (and he can afford to go big because he has a bore kit) but this combination has to be purely cosmetic right? You have to look close but trust me I did because it looks good, he has this odd combo for sure.

100/90-14 Pirelli rear tire on the front and a 120/80-14 Metzeler front tire on the rear of his PCX :lol:
He has got the look but at what price to safety on a wet road?

homie
Prestige
Prestige

Re: weird tire mix...

Post by homie »

Seems like a type A in every other respect (good sense of style and perfect bike) just wonder if he's going to fall on his butt on a wet turn with that choice of rubber mounting. btw I've not spray washed mine yet :lol:

Oh the love!

ScooterMan
Regular User
Regular User

Post by ScooterMan »

Just be careful. I like to sound the alarm on this. The 120/80/14 is approx 10lbs, Michelin City Grips in stock size are 7.5lbs. Also, the front tire is 2lbs heavier than a city grip frt.

Light weight = better acceleration, better fuel economy, better braking, quicker handling, etc. =)
2015 PCX 150 (White)[/color]
Top speed 76mph(2015) 79mph (2013)with NCY variator & Drive Face
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

Post by iceman »

How long would a PCX stand up to that wash treatment!, and the fastest PCX did not seem to move from the spot :)
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

iceman wrote:How long would a PCX stand up to that wash treatment!, and the fastest PCX did not seem to move from the spot :)
I don't doubt he built one of the fastest PCX's on the planet and this Italian doesn't lack in confidence and means. I started a dialog with him yesterday on YouTube. If you have any questions click over and ask him about this PCX that has gone from 175cc and now 195cc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ro-NS8fNN5o

Love him or hate him for what he's done to his PCX you have to admire his ability to build and hold the a record fast PCX.
Of course after this run he has to go to the gas station :lol:

gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

homie wrote:This fellow has a strange tire combination that needs further explanation.
I'll explain it for you: he's an idiot.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
ScooterMan
Regular User
Regular User

Post by ScooterMan »

Huh, it looks nice and fast. Cool stuff. I wish i had the bawlz to spend the money to make mine faster. Having a fast scooter is like being the coolest nerd though. And for the money spent to mod it, might as well buy a stock Reflex and do some variator tuning and an exhaust ans a Li Ion battery. Could save 20lbs that way, and prob be close to what this guy's PCX is doing for accel.
ScooterMan
Regular User
Regular User

Post by ScooterMan »

I wish I lived in a country where aftermarket scooter parts were mainstream, instructions for thse parts came in english, and there were scooter magazines that reviewd and dyno tested these modifications. I really feel like a lot of the PCX mods are just a roll of the dice when you start doing big bores and EFI tuning. I'll say that the foreigners got us beat when it comes to scooter tuning. I should buy this guy's bike and pay him hansomely to ship it over here and just throw my license plate on it! Lol