Easiest way to to lift bike onto the center stand?

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

yak
Minister of Magic
Minister of Magic
Year: 2013
Color: black

Easiest way to to lift bike onto the center stand?

Post by yak »

I have seen the diagram in the owners manual. I stand at the left side of the bike. I put my left hand on the handlebar. Where do i put my right hand? It didn't feel right to be pulling on the plastic parts around the seat. Do i pull up? up and back? straight back?
I put my left foot on the center stand but it leaves me in a poor position to lift the bike onto the stand.
I previously owned a Honda Metropolitan 49cc. It had a metal bar behind the seat which was perfect for lifting the bike onto the center stand. Of course, it was much lighter.
I searched this forum but couldn't find any mention. Is there a secret to easily lifting the bike onto the stand? Or does everyone just use the side stand?

I just noticed that i have dug several grooves into the cement floor of my garage while practicing this. The center stand was sliding back instead of lifting.
dasshreddar
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: forzaruckuspcx

Re: Easiest way to to lift bike onto the center stand?

Post by dasshreddar »

The "metal bar" is still there sort of... it just has a plastic cover over the top. try that ;)
kcpcx
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: Candy Rosy Red

Post by kcpcx »

make sure to push down with your foot at the same time you are lifting. don't try to use all arm or all foot. both.

if you install the cheap but sturdy rear rack, this gives you a nice stout hand hold.

http://www.amazon.com/Honda-08L70-KZY-9 ... B00DSPEFZ0
Last edited by kcpcx on Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
'88 BMW R100RT
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

grab rail... we all use them
you get to where you can do it bare foot, its more arm than foot
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

I learned this trick from a professional bike rider who works on scooters. First, and foremost, make sure that both of the center stand points are touching the ground before pulling it up and back to get it on its stand. Right hand goes under the rear hand hold (which is actually metal). When you step on the center stand piece, after you are sure the bike is balanced on those two points that it will be resting on when you are finished, roll the bike back and give it a tug to get it to roll up on the center stand. Once you understand the principles of doing this, it becomes easy. Biggest thing is those two points touching the ground at the same time before you rock it up. I hope this helps.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
kcpcx
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: Candy Rosy Red

Post by kcpcx »

Oh, and in answer to your question, yes, I leave mine on the side stand most of the time in the garage.
'88 BMW R100RT
yak
Minister of Magic
Minister of Magic

Post by yak »

Thanks to all of you. I know i can learn how to do this. Just needed some pointers. I will make sure that both points are on the ground. I will use the metal bar that is hidden by the plastic panel.
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

yak wrote:Thanks to all of you. I know i can learn how to do this. Just needed some pointers. I will make sure that both points are on the ground. I will use the metal bar that is hidden by the plastic panel.
and use your biceps, your foot and body weight just hold the stand to the ground and centers the bike.

1. step down on the center stand let it find its flats, this will get the bike vertical
2. lift up and backwards while keeping your full weight on your stand

smooth as silk 8)
SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Post by SECoda »

Use your wife. :P
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

You'll be doing this in no time yak ;) it's easy and the scoot is light. Here! Watch this video using a PCX as an example:
If the video didn't show up, try this http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NG4ULxp5MBo
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

:lol: o_O Do NOT do it like this!
Didn't work? Try this: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bF29yhQCxMs
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
ScooterMan
Regular User
Regular User

Post by ScooterMan »

WhiteNoise wrote::lol: o_O Do NOT do it like this!

OMGosh!!! That guy was hopeless! But why was he fooking with the scooter to begin with? Good thing I have a $100 deductible on my 2 PCX's. I can lift a 900lb goldwing onto the centerstand. All about technique. Your right arm stays virtually straight the whole time.
2015 PCX 150 (White)[/color]
Top speed 76mph(2015) 79mph (2013)with NCY variator & Drive Face
dem0nk1d
Regular User
Regular User

Post by dem0nk1d »

ScooterMan wrote:
WhiteNoise wrote::lol: o_O Do NOT do it like this!

OMGosh!!! That guy was hopeless! But why was he fooking with the scooter to begin with? Good thing I have a $100 deductible on my 2 PCX's. I can lift a 900lb goldwing onto the centerstand. All about technique. Your right arm stays virtually straight the whole time.
This guy must suffer from low-t. Lol
Sowaka
Year: 2013 PCX150
Color: Black

Post by Sowaka »

I remember struggling so much the first time I tried to figure out the center stand... but once you figure it out it's easy, I typically have my hands full and do it with just two fingers. Just be sure to use the grab bar area that the passenger would use and give it a sturdy pull upright while stepping down on the stand.

Also, what on earth is that guy doing with the PCX? I get the feeling it's not his since it has a non-stock windshield, I can't imagine him getting upgrades for his PCX when he's still so unfamiliar with the thing... I'm just glad he didn't drop the thing.
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

Sowaka wrote: what on earth is that guy doing with the PCX? I'm just glad he didn't drop the thing.
I think he had illegal intension for that PCX but the alarm rattled him and for some reason he didn't have the heart to drop it, obviously never owned one by the way he tried to pull UP on the side stand... what a goof! :roll:
RideLondon
Regular User
Regular User

Post by RideLondon »

Does that PCX have an in- built alarm then?
JohnL
Ozzie Old Fart
Ozzie Old Fart
Year: 2015
Color: Dark Red

Post by JohnL »

Somewhere on the net there is video of a Japanese guy who taught his 90lb wife and teenage son (not much heavier), how to put a PCX and then a Forza up on the centre stand. Both managed within two attempts to get them on the stand without much effort. I'm a slow learner, it took me about 5 attempts to get it right. I suffer from lower back and side problems so tend to push down harder with my foot, but the Hondas have the centre stand in the perfect pivot point, so once you work out the technique it's practically effortless.
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

Post by iceman »

homie wrote:
Sowaka wrote: what on earth is that guy doing with the PCX? I'm just glad he didn't drop the thing.
I think he had illegal intension for that PCX but the alarm rattled him and for some reason he didn't have the heart to drop it, obviously never owned one by the way he tried to pull UP on the side stand... what a goof! :roll:
It did look like an opportunist theft, but then when he finally gets it back on the centre stand he parks 'his' bike up on the pillar and walks off! It then seeme like he moved it because it was near to the pillar and stopped him parking his bike up where he wanted to leave it - but he leaves it unlocked and walks off!