Will The Seat Unlatch With No Battery?

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Duggle
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013 - 150
Color: black

Re: Will The Seat Unlatch With No Battery?

Post by Duggle »

[quote="Urbanfreestyle"]No way! My other bike is a Thorn Raven Sport Tour! Riden across Portugal and from end to end of the UK,

Awesome, nice touring bike. Your UK tour must have been a whole bunch of fun. I love our two Ravens. The two frames that I got were sale items, I think they had been made for people that didn't like them and/or didn't fit and were returned. The sizes were perfect for us. The forks that came with my wife's frame are carbon and don't accept front carriers.

I mainly used to use mine for commuting to work, now that I don't work I've removed the lights and fenders (it doesn't rain enough here) and just ride twice a week with my brother in law for fitness.
Urbanfreestyle
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014 (UK)
Color: Black

Post by Urbanfreestyle »

Ah, yeah, mine was built ground up for my touring, i can't imagine riding anything else! And the Brookes saddle is super comfy
Honda PCX 125 ESP (Black)
Power:11.7 hp @8500 rpm, Torque:12Nm @5000rpm
Mods: LED sidelights, Yoshimura Exhaust

DEAD: 2013 Piaggio Typhoon 4 stroke 125cc (Black)
Power:9.65 HP @8500 rpm, Torque:8.2Nm @7500 rpm
Mods: Malossi Red foam filter, Hex LED Sidelights, Xenon headlights, USB charging port
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

Post by iceman »

Nice bikes, impressive end-end of the UK Urbanfreestyle! See that one of the bikes here cost more than a PCX inc. taxes!
Duggle
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013 - 150
Color: black

Post by Duggle »

Urbanfreestyle wrote:Ah, yeah, mine was built ground up for my touring, i can't imagine riding anything else! And the Brookes saddle is super comfy
Ha! It's not in the picture but I put a black B17 on the Thorn at first, didn't like it even though I wanted to and took it back off. I didn't ride for a year after retiring in 2011, when I started riding again I had to break-in my butt again so I figured I might as well do it on the Brooks. It didn't take that long and I love it now, like you said, super comfy (once broken in).

p.s. This is probably one of the worst thread hijacks ever, but it is funny that we have the same taste in bikes and scooters.
Urbanfreestyle
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014 (UK)
Color: Black

Post by Urbanfreestyle »

Sorry OP!!
Honda PCX 125 ESP (Black)
Power:11.7 hp @8500 rpm, Torque:12Nm @5000rpm
Mods: LED sidelights, Yoshimura Exhaust

DEAD: 2013 Piaggio Typhoon 4 stroke 125cc (Black)
Power:9.65 HP @8500 rpm, Torque:8.2Nm @7500 rpm
Mods: Malossi Red foam filter, Hex LED Sidelights, Xenon headlights, USB charging port
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

Duggle wrote:p.s. This is probably one of the worst thread hijacks ever, but it is funny that we have the same taste in bikes and scooters.
I was thinking the same thing about 15 posts ago. :lol: :lol: :lol: I'm cool with it though because I got the answer right away. And just to confirm, the latch does indeed release without the battery. I checked it immediately after disconnecting the battery. I am now in the US for a month, so hopefully everything is okay when I get back.
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

Duggle wrote: just to confirm, the latch does indeed release without the battery. I checked it immediately after disconnecting the battery. I am now in the US for a month, so hopefully everything is okay when I get back.
but nothing is okay here so you might want to hurry up and get back.

That is amazing! The tiny action of that rocker switch will release the seat latch... there must be a capacitor involved. Try it several times with the battery disconnected and see how many activations you get.
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

Post by iceman »

Capacitor? It's supposed to be mechanical - when you flick the switch you move a cable, that's why it's a little hard to press in and you are using some force to move the cable/latch.