Givi E26 top case with LED brake light

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

kcpcx
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Candy Rosy Red

Givi E26 top case with LED brake light

Post by kcpcx »

I wanted a small box that would not be out of proportion to the size of the scooter. Came across this one for $70 on Amazon, shipped, and including the brake light kit. Seemed like a decent sweet spot of price vs features and quality.

In the event someone down the road it pondering which case to buy, here is what an E26 looks like on a PCX. I haven't mounted it permanently yet, this is just a test fit. I still have to pull the rack off and wire in the brake light.

'88 BMW R100RT
SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Re: Givi E26 top case with LED brake light

Post by SECoda »

Nice. I am studying them. I am getting tired of carrying my helmet in our small local grocery store about a mile up the road because it won't fit under the seat. I thought about the one on another thread they were saying was responsible for Mothman sightings but just haven't decided yet. My wife told me that it needs to work with a passenger for the three times a year and I showed her the video where they demo the quick release. Is a passenger ok with the mount and box on?

I just did a 52 mile scenic trek and I hope my seat arrives soon. :cry: I also took it on a 70 mph highway for 8 miles and it still hits 68 mph solidly on level road at this mileage.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

I have the 30 on my bike with the light kit. I also added reflective tape around the lip of it to make it more distinctive. The 30 liter one allows me to store my helmet, gloves, and a few other minor things. In fact, we have the 30 liter one on both of our bikes. They also work well as back rests for passengers. My 200 pound grandson rode behind me for much of his visit to us. Not as comfortable as it was on my Burgman, but comfortable enough that he kept riding with me.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
kcpcx
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by kcpcx »

I was going to get the 30, but came across this one and for the price I couldn't justify anything else, especially since the light kit came with it basically for free.

I'll wire it up tomorrow.

FYI, for anyone doing the rear rack or top case install, that tail plastic that you drill the 4 mounting holes in is extremely fragile. I was ultra careful but despite taking my time and babying the whole process, I noticed today that a crack had formed outward from one of the drilled holes to the edge of the panel. So I need a new tail plastic part. It's under $20, so no biggie, but frustrating considering how much I went out of my way to avoid it.

Make sure when you drill the holes in the tail panel, that when you install the rack that none of the 4 rack mounting posts touch the edge of the holes you've made AT ALL. In other words, drill the holes large enough to where once installed, the edge of the plastic does not make any contact with the rack posts at any point. If even seemingly insignificant contact is made, you'll quite possibly get a stress crack in the plastic. You want a mm or two of dead space between the mounting post and the edge of the hole, all the way around the post.
'88 BMW R100RT
ScooterMan
Regular User
Regular User

Post by ScooterMan »

kcpcx, What base are you using for the top box?
2015 PCX 150 (White)[/color]
Top speed 76mph(2015) 79mph (2013)with NCY variator & Drive Face
SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Post by SECoda »

The cracking is a bummer. I planned on taping both sides and following my machinist buddy's tips for drilling a hole like that. Which mount are you using?
kcpcx
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by kcpcx »

I have the Honda accessory rack on there, and the Givi box came with a universal monolock base. The hardware seems to be workable to mount it that way, but it's not my favorite. I'm probably going to drill some holes through the metal Honda rack and bolt the Givi base to it rather than using the clamp style hardware that Givi supplies.

Here is a pretty good representation of what comes with the E26 to mount it:

http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0217/7 ... 1384882587
'88 BMW R100RT
SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Post by SECoda »

I'll guess I will go with the Givi PCX 2013 mount since it is supposed to fit any Givi Monolock cases. I see Givi even sells a back rest for some Monolock cases. Looks like other brands work on the Monolock too.

http://www.amazon.com/GIVI-Polyurethan- ... i+Monolock