Hello

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

wojtek_pl
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014 PCX 125
Color: matt black

Re: Hello

Post by wojtek_pl »

666 km on the odometer. 8)

Computer shows 2.1 l/100km on 212 km distance. Still, this is my first full tank so I don't really know the fuel consumption. Anxiously waiting to second refueling... :lol:
Regards
Wojtek
2014 Honda PCX 125
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

Post by iceman »

wojtek_pl wrote:Ok, I tried to take the panels off to see what is behind them, especially behind the damaged ones. And I failed. I know there is manual on the forum but it's for older versions. 2014 model IS different... And to take front left panel I would have to take off ALL panels as well (maybe except front right one :lol: ). I think I skip it... I just ordered the one around glove box and leave the rest as it is.
Your right - front panels require the main body work and lots of panels removed (2014/5 version). Why do they make it so complicated.
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)

Post by iceman »

wojtek_pl wrote:666 km on the odometer. 8)
Computer shows 2.1 l/100km on 212 km distance. Still, this is my first full tank so I don't really know the fuel consumption. Anxiously waiting to second refueling... :lol:
Thought my mpg would be greatly down the last fill-up as I had a weeks worth of city road-works and cramped roads (hard to filter at times), but still managed 139mpg, 235 miles on a tank (almost 3 weeks commute for me) with about 8 miles done after the flashing segment came on, and put in 7.5l's (new led pcx) :)
wojtek_pl
Regular User
Regular User

Post by wojtek_pl »

@%$&!^#@%!! Just had a slide... :x My first and only... :cry: It's slippery when wet... Just DON'T brake on yellow when it's wet. Lesson learned I hope...

And another crack on front left panel. I think I'll replace it. But after winter...
Regards
Wojtek
2014 Honda PCX 125
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

wojtek_pl wrote:@%$&!^#@%!! Just had a slide... crack on front left panel
OH NO!
Sowaka
Year: 2013 PCX150
Color: Black

Post by Sowaka »

Ouch, that has to suck! Didn't hurt yourself though? Better to bleed green than red!

Were you just using the standard tires? Which brake did you rely on for the stop? I'm trying to avoid accidents like that myself... When learning to drive a motorcycle I was told to rely on the rear brake more than the front when in the rain.
wojtek_pl
Regular User
Regular User

Post by wojtek_pl »

Well... this is my first season on two wheels, total 2500 km. I just forgot that I'm not in the car and better go on late yellow than brake at any cost. And I think that on the last moment I went on the white line and that caused my fall. I'm OK, my knee hurts a tiny bit, speed was minimal. Just my new waterproof jacket has some holes on the sleeve. :x
Yeah, standard tires, +15C, wet but not raining. However I do plan to buy all season Heidenau K66 tires http://www.reifenwerk-heidenau.de/modul ... 60&lang=en. Though I do consider K66 Snowtex winter version, I'm just not sure about tread wear... http://www.reifenwerk-heidenau.de/modul ... =98&pic=60 Perhaps wider 110 in front and rear ? Maybe even 120 if it fits under the fenders.
I do use both brakes, not only left brake lever. CBS is too weak for my liking...
Regards
Wojtek
2014 Honda PCX 125
Steph
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 150cc
Color: Black PCX

Post by Steph »

What painted lines are dangerous! They should figure out a type of paint that's not slippery. I run a lot of yellow lights, prefer to do that than try to stop. Won't be long we will be entering the rainy fall season with leaves falling on the street. Another danger to consider.
SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Post by SECoda »

Commuting sounds dangerous if a cycle is the only transportation available in wet or icy weather. I only ride for fun on the bike so dry weather riding only. Even a bit of gravel can be slippery.
wojtek_pl
Regular User
Regular User

Post by wojtek_pl »

Yes, I know that everything on the road can be dangerous. :)
I use scooter for commuting. Daily. I have 19 km from home to my job. It's about 30-35 minutes by (this) scooter, 45 or more by car and 1+ hour by public transport (bus, metro, another bus).
Public transport is cheapest (though I have to calculate it again with Honda :D ), car is OK but too expensive. That leaves the scooter. Very fun to drive, independent like a car, but better in the city traffic and is not breaking down as often as metro :) (I hope so!).

And I plan to use scooter in winter too. So far in +10C I'm OK. With +5 today I think I need better gloves but the one I have are still OK.
Biggest problem I have with my glasses that get all foggy under the helmet on red lights or other stops. :|
Regards
Wojtek
2014 Honda PCX 125
Sowaka
Year: 2013 PCX150
Color: Black

Post by Sowaka »

wojtek_pl wrote:Yes, I know that everything on the road can be dangerous. :)
I use scooter for commuting. Daily. I have 19 km from home to my job. It's about 30-35 minutes by (this) scooter, 45 or more by car and 1+ hour by public transport (bus, metro, another bus).
Public transport is cheapest (though I have to calculate it again with Honda :D ), car is OK but too expensive. That leaves the scooter. Very fun to drive, independent like a car, but better in the city traffic and is not breaking down as often as metro :) (I hope so!).

And I plan to use scooter in winter too. So far in +10C I'm OK. With +5 today I think I need better gloves but the one I have are still OK.
Biggest problem I have with my glasses that get all foggy under the helmet on red lights or other stops. :|
Haha, I have the same problem with my glasses! Only solution I have so far is to pop the visor up at red lights and then close it until it's only open a crack once the light turns green... bit of a pain!
wojtek_pl
Regular User
Regular User

Post by wojtek_pl »

So, I ordered two Heidenau K66 4-season tires, standard size. Should have them in a week.
And ordered some buzzers from Dealextreme http://www.dx.com/p/qsmb-2310-buzzer-fo ... pcs-154251 . :)
Regards
Wojtek
2014 Honda PCX 125
Steph
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Steph »

If you have a pin lock ready shield on your helmet, I would get the pin lock visor to prevent fogging. I use it and it's great for cooler temperatures.
wojtek_pl
Regular User
Regular User

Post by wojtek_pl »

Yes, I have pinlock and helmet visor doesn't get fogged, but my glasses are ! :(

Anyway, I need mirror extenders to see what's right behind me. Question: one extender will suffice BUT is it going to cause problems with asymmetric airflow and drag ?
Regards
Wojtek
2014 Honda PCX 125
pcxpower
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015

Post by pcxpower »

iceman wrote:I thought all the 2014/15 are the same, depends how the dealer/people call it? The 2015's came out months ago and we still have over 3 months of 2014 left!
Yes, in Europe, the current model is called "2014 model", and in the States, they call it "2015 model". They are more advanced!!! :D :D :D :D
2015 Honda PCX 125
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

pcxpower wrote:... They are more advanced ...
Or just late for the party. ;) :o
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
pcxpower
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015

Post by pcxpower »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
2015 Honda PCX 125
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

What did you order the buzzer for? Is that for the turn signal?

As for fogging glasses, my helmet has a way to move the face shield by degrees, and it will stay where you put it. If I move it just up enough so that my breath goes out instead of back into the face shield, my glasses don't fog. The big reason for the fogging after you initially put the helmet on seems to be because we breathe warm air onto our cool glasses. Sometimes it takes me 10 minutes of riding before the glasses adjust.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
Steph
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Steph »

wojtek_pl wrote:Yes, I have pinlock and helmet visor doesn't get fogged, but my glasses are ! :(
That happens to my husband but not me. We both wear glasses. But, He like to flip up his modular helmet at stops. I don't do this allowing for no change in temperature in my helmet. Also I use a chin curtain on my helmet. You could also try a breath box.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Ditto to What Mel asked above. Buzzers?
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You