Inexpensive top box recommendations?

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

Jarec
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Inexpensive top box recommendations?

Post by Jarec »

Any inexpensive top boxes you might recommend? Needn't be the biggest or the best. I'll use it mostly for a laptop and groceries.

I can get some of this under the seat of course, but I find it awkward to access and to pack things in there. I got a little spoiled with my Yamaha c3, which has great storage (and has been compared to a Coleman cooler on 2 wheels).

Thanks, John
Current ride
2013 PCX150

Former rides
Yamaha c3
Honda CB360
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Re: Inexpensive top box recommendations?

Post by WhiteNoise »

Hi John! Being an Amazon shopper I took a quick look there. You might want to take a look there too. http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_ ... s=Top+case
I hope you find what you're looking for ;)
Oh, and I think Ebay might have listings too.

Manufacturer's of Cases I've read about: Kappa, Givi, Shad and Coo Cases. I'm sure there's more
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Jarec
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Jarec »

Thanks, Whitenoise! Quite a range here. I appreciate your thorough research.

I looked at the tutorial on installing a trunk and it looks a little over my head (major drilling and reaming of plastic to expose the mounts on the frame).

I think I'll try this seat bag and see how it works
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000RN ... UTF8&psc=1
WhiteNoise wrote:Hi John! Being an Amazon shopper I took a quick look there. You might want to take a look there too. http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_ ... s=Top+case
I hope you find what you're looking for ;)
Oh, and I think Ebay might have listings too.

Manufacturer's of Cases I've read about: Kappa, Givi, Shad and Coo Cases. I'm sure there's more
Current ride
2013 PCX150

Former rides
Yamaha c3
Honda CB360
M6AEY

Post by M6AEY »

Hi Jarec

I've just brought and fitted a GIVI MONOLOCK E340. I wouldn't advise going for a generic box as the fitting will damage the paint work on the rear carrier. GIVI make a specific bracket for the PCX (SR1130 I think) and the whole package can be had for under £80.00

I've managed 12 cans of beer and a weekly shop in mine so far and on a day to day basis it carries my laptop bag and a few other bits. Even managed a trip to IKEA for bits and bobs with a bedside table strapped to the pillion seat!
Jarec
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Jarec »

That's a nice looking case, M6AEY. I had been thinking of a generic box using the Honda or the Givi bracket.

How was the mounting of the Givi bracket? About how long did that take?

Did you get a photo of your pcx with all the stuff and the bedside table? That would be great to see!
M6AEY wrote:Hi Jarec

I've just brought and fitted a GIVI MONOLOCK E340. I wouldn't advise going for a generic box as the fitting will damage the paint work on the rear carrier. GIVI make a specific bracket for the PCX (SR1130 I think) and the whole package can be had for under £80.00

I've managed 12 cans of beer and a weekly shop in mine so far and on a day to day basis it carries my laptop bag and a few other bits. Even managed a trip to IKEA for bits and bobs with a bedside table strapped to the pillion seat!
Current ride
2013 PCX150

Former rides
Yamaha c3
Honda CB360
Ratster
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Ratster »

Jarec wrote:That's a nice looking case, M6AEY. I had been thinking of a generic box using the Honda or the Givi bracket.

Did you get a photo of your pcx with all the stuff and the bedside table? That would be great to see!

You wont have any trouble mounting the givi rack.It is clearly marked as to where you need to drill.
Check out the Bestem top boxes also.I have one on my V Strom that has been great.
Jarec
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Jarec »

Thanks for the tips, Ratster. I looked at Bestem boxes on Amazon- great reviews and prices. Have you mounted one on a pcx? Maybe a honda mount for that.
Ratster wrote:
Jarec wrote:That's a nice looking case, M6AEY. I had been thinking of a generic box using the Honda or the Givi bracket.

You wont have any trouble mounting the givi rack.It is clearly marked as to where you need to drill.
Check out the Bestem top boxes also.I have one on my V Strom that has been great.
Current ride
2013 PCX150

Former rides
Yamaha c3
Honda CB360
homey
Regular User
Regular User

Post by homey »

kinda video would have driven the Japanese mad, thank God they didn't have youtube when this was filmed. It's un-American and it didn't have gears... morons. Not my WORD!, the girls whisper it to them.