Givi D323DT

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

Urbanian
Regular User
Regular User

Givi D323DT

Post by Urbanian »

Aw, Bless you Santa!
Attachments
111 (2) (800x577).jpg
111 (2) (800x577).jpg (348.45 KiB) Viewed 4603 times
Urbanian
Regular User
Regular User

Re: Givi D323DT

Post by Urbanian »

Install successful in no small part to Maddiedog’s “how to”

Check out the rim tape installed gratis by my loving scooter mechanic! (He’s dying to trick my bike with all manner of outrageous lights too)
Attachments
113 (2) (800x600).jpg
113 (2) (800x600).jpg (315.31 KiB) Viewed 4599 times
Urbanian
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Urbanian »

Rim tape caught the flash in the pic!!

Had to wrench the mirrors all kinda ways to get them to clear the screen.
Attachments
119 (2) (800x600).jpg
119 (2) (800x600).jpg (319.5 KiB) Viewed 4599 times
Urbanian
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Urbanian »

After too many false starts, I was finally able to get a vendor to send me a windscreen. I would have preferred Ermax +25, but I couldn’t find someone serious about sending one here !?! So I settled for the tall Givi.

It arrived today on the coldest day of the year so far. 28F Brrrrrrrrr

Looks great (if a little taller than perfect). And not too difficult to install. Thanks for the tutorial Maddiedog!

Imperfect optics are tolerable, though I wanted a screen I could see over.

Engine vibrations are transmitted up through the screen which shimmies and shakes when moving slowly or at idle. Also the acoustics are changed. I hear every throb of the engine bouncing off the screen in my face. Not horrible, but it doesn’t enhance my riding experience either.

But the main thing is the main thing: I was able to ride with no frostbite on my chin! I took it out for a little 5 min ride and came back with full functional use of my face. This, despite the fact it was 15 degrees colder than I’ve ever ridden before. The strangest thing was feeling the pressure of the wind on my back instead of full force on my chest.

Can’t give much info on economy or performance since I just got it, but it does what I wanted most; to keep the wind out of my face, which will drastically increase the length of the riding season for me.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Nice garage!!

Get the walls and floor sealed pronto :D
Taz
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Taz »

Glad you got a screen in the end and you can always cut it down shorter if you need! Be interested to know how it handles in cross winds. I live in a windy part of the world and dont like crosswinds and a tall windscreen doesnt help. Last weekend we had a 46 year old lady killed on her 250 when blown into roadside safety railing in gusty 55kt winds. I had already decided not to ride that day.
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by maddiedog »

Looking good! I like it. :D

My screen vibrates a bit too, but it's completely worth being shielded from the wind.
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
Urbanian
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Urbanian »

Adding the windshield changes everything.

Facing the wind is a serious challenge for those of us who have come to motorbikes at a “mature age". My first ride above 50 mph, I thought the wind would rip my helmet off, if it didn’t blow me off the bike altogether. With practice comes skill, but I never grew to enjoy it. Hey, scooters are for city riding, right?

Freezing temperatures and a busy schedule came before I got my windscreen installed. In cold weather it was amusing to note that ambient windchill when idle was colder than the blowing of air around the moving bike with a windscreen. I was running errands and hated the stop lights because of the cold wind. So I got on the freeway to avoid them.

I hit 60 in a flash. Hey, this is easy!

The freeway feels MUCH SLOWER with a windshield. Yesterday I put in 50+ highway miles in subfreezing weather. Needless to say, I dressed warmly.

Wind buffeting tosses the bike about. I still need to work on knowing when to fight it, and when to ride it. What I do know is that large trucks are to be AVOIDED.
Urbanian
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Urbanian »

On a positive note: I was a little surprised at how generous the cagers were granting me plenty elbow room.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

I wouldn't ever fight the wind. Just stay loose and ride through it

If you can relax and treat is a laugh it'll get much better
toogrumpy

Post by toogrumpy »

Any updates on the givi D323DT? How does it effect mpg, performance, are you glad you got it? I'm torn between a shorter 322 or the taller 323. I'm 6' 1", should I go for the taller one? Thanks
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

http://www.sporttour.com/products/3265- ... -13/?bc=no
for those of you who want the 323 but can't find it, here is a link. We have the 323 on both of our scooters, and it makes such a difference when riding!
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
toogrumpy

Post by toogrumpy »

toogrumpy wrote:Any updates on the givi D323DT? How does it effect mpg, performance, are you glad you got it? I'm torn between a shorter 322 or the taller 323. I'm 6' 1", should I go for the taller one? Thanks

I installed a Givi 323 DT, on my 2013 PCX 150, I like it. My buddy wanted to try it, so we went for a ride today. He was on my PCX, I was on his.
We each weigh about 225 lbs +/- are 6' 2" +/-, we had a slight quartering headwind, from stopped to 55 mph I don't think there was 6" difference in our positions. I'm not saying this is a prefect test, but it's good enough for the average user. We both agreed the windshield didn't appear to effect the get up an go, one way or the other. We also agreed we both like the windshield, he is ordering one too.
I've only had one fill up with the windshield, it doesn't appear to effect the mpg either. I have 500 miles on my PCX, my fill ups have been indicating between 95 to 98 mpg without the windshield. My one windshield fill up was 96 mpg.
Don't buy it for performance, buy it for comfort. :D
Dustoff66
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2011
Color: Red

Post by Dustoff66 »

I installed my new 323DT recently ( see other posting in my Ermax comments ), and so far I really like it. I can get up to 59-60 mph with no problem. Haven't checked the fuel mileage but I really don't expect much difference and who cares? 95 mpg or 90, still way better than the 12 to 14 on my truck. I saw a comment somewhere about nasty reflections from the bottom sides of the screen -- somebody was going to put window tint there. I can confirm that when you're riding with the sun directly behind you there's a strong reflection -- it's right into my aging eyes! I took care of that by masking those sections off right where the factory dark tint starts, a little light sanding, then some flat black paint.
Works like a charm. I was out yesterday morning and reflections are gone. And the screen actually looks better with black across the entire bottom.
mglady

Post by mglady »

Installed my new Givi Tall windshield today and it looks and feels great. I would like to thank maddiedog for the very easy instructions and pictures you provided. It was an easy job and took less than 30 minutes.
dustin91
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: Red

Post by dustin91 »

MG, you'll get better at it soon enough. I swap mine out for the stock shield in warm weather, and the whole job is 10 minutes.
pcxpower
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015

Post by pcxpower »

Urbanian wrote: It does what I wanted most; to keep the wind out of my face, which will drastically increase the length of the riding season for me.
This GIVI tall windshield looks GREAT and I'm eager to purchase my 2015 PCX, so that I can install a taller windshield! I would like to ask you a favor: In case that you still have this windshield installed, do you think that you could take 3 pictures like the ones that I am showing in this post, so that we can compare height and general shape with other windshields?

GIVI still has not manufactured this windshield for the new model, but I guess that it will not take a lot of time, and if you can take and post these pictures, new owners can decide for one windshield with more information! :D :D :D :D :D :D

It would be great if your pics were, more or less, from these angles:

Thanks in advance from all future purchasers of taller windshields! ;)
2015 Honda PCX 125
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

I think I read somewhere that the new pcx has an Ermax as the offered Honda tall windscreen. I would hope that Givi would make one for it, but if not then you would have to get an Ermax.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
pcxpower
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015

Post by pcxpower »

Mel46 wrote:I think I read somewhere that the new pcx has an Ermax as the offered Honda tall windscreen. I would hope that Givi would make one for it, but if not then you would have to get an Ermax.
Thank you very much for the information, and let's hope that GIVI finishes the new windshields for the 2014/2015 models, as they would be great!! :D :D :D :D :D

In relation to the Honda and Ermax windshields, according to some information that has appeared, both products are different:

Honda original taller windshield:

Ermax +10 cm (55cm total) windshield:

So, let's hope that Givi (and Kappa), Biondi, Fabbri, Ermax, etc, release exciting new windshields, so that we can choose the one that fits better our size and likings! :D :D :D :D :D
2015 Honda PCX 125