Ermax +25 Windscreen

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

Dustoff66
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2011
Color: Red

Re: Ermax +25 Windscreen

Post by Dustoff66 »

beos59 wrote:Mounted the Puig two days ago and it is definitely a keeper! It's been rather windy the last days but this is anyway how I experienced it so far: No wind pressure on the chest to talk about at 45-50 mph. Noise level at helmet, I'm not sure if it better or worser than with the stock but it is not a problem anyway. It really feels like you get a better flow and lower resistance when driving at higher speeds. I will certainly hold on to this screen :)

Thanks for the report, beos! Sounds like the Puig will be on my scoot soon. I've been reading all the good reviews on the tall Givi too but I like the smoked or darker color. If that Givi was a light smoke tint........
I'm going to place my order today.
Dustoff66
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Dustoff66 »

I ordered the tall Givi from SportTour on Friday. We'll see if it's less noisy although Mel46 seems to like his. I'm still wondering if I use a heat gun and bend the Ermax about 20 degrees upward, about 3" from the top, would it deflect the wind up and over me without sacrificing a lot of speed? I hate to modify and ruin it --- somebody just might want it at around $100 bucks if i decide to sell it. I'll have 4 windscreens now -- the original, the shorter Givi, the Ermax +25, and now the tall Givi. The wife is going to start wondering ........
Dustoff66
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Dustoff66 »

Here's an update on my Ermax +25 saga: Last night the BW ( beautiful wife ) assisted me in heating and bending the screen , 3" from the top. She drove the heat gun -- managed to burn off a couple hairs on my arm but --- that's probably not grounds. :)
Anyway --- I bent the top up at a 23 degree angle. Went for a ride. Slight difference at 35 mph. This morning I went downtown, a 5 mile jaunt and I was able to get to 58 mph -- no traffic. Result: No difference. The noise level at my ears was just as loud as was the ear buffeting. I'm going to install the tall Givi which arrived yesterday and keep the Ermax for those really hot days like now. Oh well -- I tried.
Attachments
IMAG0566.jpg
IMAG0566.jpg (280.41 KiB) Viewed 1008 times
IMAG0567.jpg
IMAG0567.jpg (477.86 KiB) Viewed 1008 times
Steph
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 150cc
Color: Black PCX

Post by Steph »

My scooter came with a taller windscreen. After a few windy rides with the winds at around 25mph, I removed and replaced with the stock windscreen. I did this because I felt that the taller screen caused the scoot to be tossed around at higher speeds in windy conditions.

Did any of you guys experience this? Your input would be greatly appreciated! Attached is a photo of the tall windscreen before I went back to the stock screen. Does have a Honda sticker on it. Not sure what make.
20140420_182515.jpg
20140420_182515.jpg (375.98 KiB) Viewed 1000 times
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

I have had every size windshield on my pcx, and the tall one turns out to be the best option. Yes, I do get some wind buffeting but I get just as much with my body doing exactly what the windshield is doing, except that the crosswinds are more bearable with the tall screen on, and riding with it on makes the ride more enjoyable.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
Steph
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Steph »

Mel46 wrote:I have had every size windshield on my pcx, and the tall one turns out to be the best option. Yes, I do get some wind buffeting but I get just as much with my body doing exactly what the windshield is doing, except that the crosswinds are more bearable with the tall screen on, and riding with it on makes the ride more enjoyable.
Seems to me buffeting the body plus the tall wind screen adds to the buffeting. I weigh 160lbs (after dinner) and on a light scooter makes it all the worst. I was just beginning riding when I made this determination about riding in windy weather. Please note, This issue was only during windy conditions. Other then that I'm cool with the taller windscreen.
Dustoff66
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Dustoff66 »

I went for a nice long ride today after I installed the tall Givi. Mel46 is right -- big difference! The wind goes right over me and blows nicely on my back, I had no buffeting problems to speak of except when a couple big water trucks from our gas frackers passed me going the opposite way -- then I got the big wind blast but I was expecting it and not really a problem. I was able to get to 60 mph easily. It'll take a little while to get used to looking through the screen but I'm very pleased. The BW, though, will probably rag on me for bending the Ermax, but she'll get over it.
Steph
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Steph »

The BW, though, will probably rag on me for bending the Ermax, but she'll get over it.[/quote]

What you did would be something my Hubby would do. The BW will get over it.
pcxpower
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: White

Post by pcxpower »

Steph wrote:My scooter came with a taller windscreen. After a few windy rides with the winds at around 25mph, I removed and replaced with the stock windscreen. I did this because I felt that the taller screen caused the scoot to be tossed around at higher speeds in windy conditions.

Did any of you guys experience this? Your input would be greatly appreciated! Attached is a photo of the tall windscreen before I went back to the stock screen. Does have a Honda sticker on it. Not sure what make.
20140420_182515.jpg
If I am correct, the higher windshield that came with your PCX is the one that Honda sells as "original accesory". This is one from a 2015 Spanish PCX (not mine, which I still haven't purchased), which is very similar to yours:

A detail pic of the mounting bracket:

And how it looks from the rear:

2015 Honda PCX 125