Dream Car

When weather goes to crap, you still have to get there somehow...

Moderator: Modsquad

WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Re: Dream Car

Post by WhiteNoise »

Not really a dream car...but considering this one.

I Have a question. Does anyone have a Ford Transit Connect? Not the newest one. I can't afford that, but the previous maybe 2012 or 2013 model? How's the ride? Reliable? Noisy? Peppy? Any Abnormal Maintenance? Gas mileage? I've been tossing around a few vehicles and this is one. My lovely Ridgeline truck is too big for my NY space. Florida 'twas perfect, had a three car garage. Here a single and snow-white..... o_O I mean, WhiteNoise is in there. Short driveway in, too.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (91.71 KiB) Viewed 3105 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (328.21 KiB) Viewed 3105 times
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
GeorgeSK
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 13PCX,15Forza
Color: Both Red

Post by GeorgeSK »

I don't actually know, but hearsay is that "peppy" and "good gas milage" are not terms used in relation to a Transit.
On my scoot, getting there is WAY more than half the fun!

Please paste this address into a new tab and add yourself to the map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1NlP7xk7KMdJReQnm-iDhldFBdpQ&ll=4.995760578398276%2C0&z=2
but please, don't delete anybody, no matter how badly they deserve deleting :)
GeorgeSK
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 13PCX,15Forza
Color: Both Red

Post by GeorgeSK »

And as far as my actual dream car, it would be a Tesla. However, I got this link from my bro-in-law: http://www.foxsports.com/speed/cars/rad ... n-germany/
On my scoot, getting there is WAY more than half the fun!

Please paste this address into a new tab and add yourself to the map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1NlP7xk7KMdJReQnm-iDhldFBdpQ&ll=4.995760578398276%2C0&z=2
but please, don't delete anybody, no matter how badly they deserve deleting :)
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Thanks for that George. So I'm going to guess that the Transit drinks just a bit less than my present truck. I'm not really bothered by its' fuel consumption. It's a great truck Honda is :) and my 3rd vehicle from them over the years (Accord LX Hatchback and a four door Civic). So many cars, I'm losing track. Oh well.

So now this Ford Transit Connect has been haunting me. Good to very good acceleration is what I'd like from it. No more burning rubber at every traffic light (Ha!) okay, so once in awhile I'll still punch it! Hey, it never leaves ya altogether....geez :D I'm from the muscle car era, best of the best machines! Anyway........

I'm really hoping to hear from anyone that has experience with a Transit. Or perhaps what they have heard about them? Likes and dislikes. Actually any info.
Dreamland again: ( 8) Dual exhaust, posi traction, hurst shift, four barrel carb, massive big block V8, thrush exhaust, hi jackers, Mickey Thompson's, mag wheels......
No huh? Okay, lost in the 60's, sorry.
Maybe I should forget about the transit? Is it a Nightmare?
Last edited by WhiteNoise on Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

WANT!!
Ohhhhh My God George!
Spell Gorgeous, go ahead! Spell it. Then look at this car!!
It's Not to late to get that Birthday gift....I'd understand ;)
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (90.4 KiB) Viewed 3097 times
Alibally
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2019
Color: Black

Post by Alibally »

This is my dream car. One can only dream.
Attachments
ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1406536828.632794.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1406536828.632794.jpg (43.1 KiB) Viewed 3096 times
ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1406536770.351511.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1406536770.351511.jpg (146.57 KiB) Viewed 3096 times
chucktuna
I'm up to 12 or 13 now...
Year: 2013

Post by chucktuna »

WhiteNoise wrote:Thanks for that George. So I'm going to guess that the Transit drinks just a bit less than my present truck. I'm not really bothered by its' fuel consumption. It's a great truck Honda is :) and my 3rd vehicle from them over the years (Accord LX Hatchback and a four door Civic). So many cars, I'm losing track. Oh well.

So now this Ford Transit Connect has been haunting me. Good to very good acceleration is what I'd like from it. No more burning rubber at every traffic light (Ha!) okay, so once in awhile I'll still punch it! Hey, it never leaves ya altogether....geez :D I'm from the muscle car era, best of the best machines! Anyway........

I'm really hoping to hear from anyone that has experience with a Transit. Or perhaps what they have heard about them? Likes and dislikes. Actually any info.
Dreamland again: ( 8) Dual exhaust, posi traction, hurst shift, four barrel carb, massive big block V8, thrush exhaust, hi jackers, Mickey Thompson's, mag wheels......
No huh? Okay, lost in the 60's, sorry.
Maybe I should forget about the transit? Is it a Nightmare?
We have one (12 Transit) at work as a parts delivery vehicle.
No issues with it, and not sure of the mileage, but no where near as peppy as a Ridgeline.
Too many scoots..... 12 or so I think .
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Thanks for that CT! Glad you're familiar with it. Now that brings me to more questions, I hope you don't mind :D (If Anyone else can help, feel free to jump in. More info the better!)
Since you see one often...
1) do you think a PCX could fit inside with room to spare? For "my body" too, while getting it in? I am of average body weight and about 5'5"
I realize the only seating would be up front (no rears)...This would be called the Van style, correct?

2) Are you able to guess how high the rear platform is from level ground? (I have a 6' straight ramp (not the better arched one), and was wondering how mine would work :roll: A steep incline would be rough (with my messed up back). Thanks
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

What Dreams Are Made Of
Wow! Ali! That's easy on the eyes too! Must win Lottery, it's the only way :|
Love the color, looks spot on to my once owned Piaggio MP3...."Azure" Sounds sexy, right? Good choice for your Dream car
chucktuna
Year: 2013

Post by chucktuna »

WhiteNoise wrote:Thanks for that CT! Glad you're familiar with it. Now that brings me to more questions, I hope you don't mind :D (If Anyone else can help, feel free to jump in. More info the better!)
Since you see one often...
1) do you think a PCX could fit inside with room to spare? For "my body" too, while getting it in? I am of average body weight and about 5'5"
I realize the only seating would be up front (no rears)...This would be called the Van style, correct?

2) Are you able to guess how high the rear platform is from level ground? (I have a 6' straight ramp (not the better arched one), and was wondering how mine would work :roll: A steep incline would be rough (with my messed up back). Thanks
Perfect bike hauler. Probably fit two in there if you are a resourseful chap.
I'd have to measure the load level, but it much lower than my 4x4 truck and probably most other pickups too.
Too many scoots..... 12 or so I think .
dasshreddar
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: forzaruckuspcx
Color: black

Post by dasshreddar »

I saw this dream car on "the smoking tire" today.
Right up my ally 8)
Attachments
crwla.jpg
crwla.jpg (161.7 KiB) Viewed 3067 times
crowla.jpg
crowla.jpg (187.36 KiB) Viewed 3067 times
GeezyRider
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by GeezyRider »

Looks like an old AMC Javelin.
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

GeezyRider wrote:Looks like an old AMC Javelin.
Wow, you must be getting up there in years to remember those cars. ;) My stepfather had one and I thought it was the coolest looking car at the time. I looked at buying a used one in the late 70's but when I went to test drive it, it would go in reverse. When the salesman said, "That's strange, it was there this morning," I decided to take a pass. ;)
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

dasshreddar wrote:I saw this dream car on "the smoking tire" today.
Right up my ally 8)

Alley
GeezyRider
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by GeezyRider »

kramnala58 wrote:Wow, you must be getting up there in years to remember those cars.
Are you kidding? When I learned to drive, cars had STEEL dashboards and radios and heaters were options. :lol:
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

GeezyRider wrote:
kramnala58 wrote:Wow, you must be getting up there in years to remember those cars.
Are you kidding? When I learned to drive, cars had STEEL dashboards and radios and heaters were options. :lol:

No seat belts and vacuum operated wipers for me

No style is pretty cool. That supercharger just is the icing on the cake
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

you you wrote:
GeezyRider wrote:
No seat belts and vacuum operated wipers for me
And airbags were the flap of skin hanging from your grandmother's arm when she reached out to hold you back when grandpa slowed down suddenly so that you didn't hit your head on the steel dashboard as you fell to the floor under the dash. :lol: :lol:
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

kramnala58 wrote:
GeezyRider wrote:Looks like an old AMC Javelin.
Wow, you must be getting up there in years to remember those cars. ;) My stepfather had one and I thought it was the coolest looking car at the time. I looked at buying a used one in the late 70's but when I went to test drive it, it would go in reverse. When the salesman said, "That's strange, it was there this morning," I decided to take a pass. ;)
Ha! Go in reverse? Wow!
I had a '68 Javelin (wanted the AMX, but Dad said NO! :x ) I bought it new off the dealers lot. Beefed it up and drag raced my friends. Family would not ride in that car. Thrush exhaust too loud, 8 track music too loud, and the high jackers were firm & kept high. Sadly I ended up trading it in for a '71 VW Superbeetle. (I had put money down on a Chevelle SS but Dad made me get it back :x :x) For months I tried locating an alternator for the Javelin. The battery was always dead, I had to get to work. Dad always jumping it and getting angry about it. No dealer or auto shop or junkyard had one. Heartbreaker! I still miss that car :( End of story.
So you think that car das posted above was a Javelin?
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

I want to roll a window down again! I want a "vent" window! Pull out an ashtray, push in the lighter. Manual door locks! I want to dial a radio station in right where I want it! Nix the seat belts and head rests too. Oh, and I want more Chrome! Must I go on? You know :| ...and we didn't even get under the hood! Ah well, whatever. Shite can't be done about it. What do you UK guys say? Bloody Hell!
dasshreddar
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: forzaruckuspcx
Color: black

Post by dasshreddar »

Let's not get confused here, one is a Javelin the other is a ...? :lol: (same body as the dream car above)
here are a couple pics
Attachments
th.jpg
th.jpg (23.35 KiB) Viewed 3020 times
aa.jpg
aa.jpg (26.47 KiB) Viewed 3020 times