Post your Mods & Rev Limited Top Speed Here!!!

Drivetrain upgrades, engine upgrades, or any other mods to gain speed or acceleration.

Moderator: Modsquad

Slickvic
Regular User
Regular User

Re: Post your Mods & Rev Limited Top Speed Here!!!

Post by Slickvic »

OK then. It looks like I am the heavyweight here at ~247 Lbs. I bought a set of Dr. Pulley 10 gram weights but have not had a chance to test them yet. Stay tuned for my report.
Previous - 1986 Honda Elite 250, 2007 Ninja 500r, 2013 Honda PCX-150
Current - 2015 Honda CBR650F :o
Slickvic
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Slickvic »

ScooterMan wrote:Let's keep this simple. Only list mods that may affect speed (gearing/variator changes, exhausts, windscreens, rider weight, cargo boxes, etc). Remember to list your current mileage too and list any pertinent details, like belt mileage.
2013 PCX150, 245lb rider, Almost stock everything, 2000 miles on bike. 500ft above sea level in Milwaukee, WI Suburbs.
Mods: 10gram Dr. Pulley sliders. Removed air intake snorkel. Drilled 1-1/4" hole in belt cover @ variator center.

Top Speed 60mph on a flat road. (drag limited)

I have been testing these Dr. Pulley 10 gram sliders for 2 days. You guys were right, the 12 gram sliders might be the best. I can always add more weight to the sliders.
Don't get me wrong, the acceleration is pretty good. But above 40mph, it sounds like a pissed off Chihuahua.

Sendler told me to get a tachometer so that I could monitor the RPMs, but It's not in the budget right now. :(
Alibally
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2019
Color: Black

Post by Alibally »

I've got 13g dr pulley sliders in at the moment and the bike revs higher than the standard rollers. The mid range acceleration seems better but the max speed looks to be unchanged. The fuel consumption the last twice was lower than normal as well but I put a set of city grips on and some people have reported this affects the consumption as well.
Slickvic
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Slickvic »

I upgraded my Dr.Pulley sliders to 13g. I have the same results as Alibally. The revs are higher than with the stock rollers. The mid range acceleration is better but the max speed is drag limited to 60MPH on flat roads. This is just what I was looking for so I will keep these in.
buddy1976
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Post by buddy1976 »

pcx 125 esp 2013 with malossi multivar 2000 10.5gr rollers, malossi red clutch springs for standard clutch, DNA performance air filter, Air box flange removed, Ermax +25 windscreen.

60mph head on into a wind or up hill
70mph top speed
75mph down a hill
150mph down a cliff face(to be confirmed) :lol:

I have tried the takegawa variator with various weights and sliders resulting in simular top speeds to the multivar but the malossi easily out accelerates the takegawa.

I am a bit of a porker weighing in at around 290lbs and around 6ft tall so all in all i am very happy with the performance of my scoot although i will get bored and upgrade to 170/175cc one day.
Honda forza 125 2019
Malossi multivar 2000 with 8.5gr rollers
Yellow malossi contra spring
Malossi delta clutch and bell
Malossi special kevlar belt
K and n air filter
Akrapovic exhaust
BC BCTX7L-FP-S LiFePO4 Battery

Honda Pcx 125 esp 2012 uk model
Malossi Multivar 10.5g rollers
Malossi White Contra Spring
Malossi yellow clutch springs
Daytona reinforced belt
ADVANCEPro Large Diameter Drive Face
ADVANCEPro PCX125 Fi High Rigidity Bearing Slider
DNA Performance air filter
Removed air box flange
Removed seat hump
Ermax+25 windshield
logepoge1
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by logepoge1 »

dem0nk1d wrote:
dem0nk1d wrote:
Mgalutia88 wrote:Pcx 150 with 3,000 miles, givi 322, 170lb rider, NCY drive face and variator with 13g rollers, 75 mph on flat in upright position, 77 mph down hill.
My new setup: NCY Variator and NCY drive face, 13g rollers, stock bored out exhaust, removed intake snorkel behind the filter, 64-66 on flats but doesn't have the umph... like it did with the stock variator. Will try to reuse the old 12 gram rollers. Down hill was able to hit 75 on the cluster. center stand test was 76 before hit limiter.
update went through a number of different combos this afternoon.

ncy variator 13g with stock drive face
ncy variator 18g stock drive face
ncy variator 18g and ncy drive face etc.... etc...

Best thing i did was yanked off the stock air box and put a cone filter directly on the throttle body. I was then able to hit 67 flats semi tuck, and 74 down hill full ninja tuck with the seat hump removed...

So the final setup is Ncy var & Ncy drive face with 13g rollers, bored out stock exhaust, cone air filter hooked directly to throttle body, might look into the rear torque driver now... and some other mods.
Which come filter? What does the setup look like?
ImageImage
rodsterinfl

Post by rodsterinfl »

Quick newbie questions

What is the stock PCX150 roller weight?

Higher weights do what?

Is the best overall 12gms?

I weight about 200 lbs and by using three methods [1) speedo, 2) GPS and 3) car matched cruising] I have determined my top speed to be 67 mph with no modifications on relatively flat terrain. This has been achieved more than once. The speedo reads accurately.
dasshreddar
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: forzaruckuspcx
Color: black

Post by dasshreddar »

rodsterinfl wrote:Quick newbie questions

What is the stock PCX150 roller weight?

Higher weights do what?

Is the best overall 12gms?

I weight about 200 lbs and by using three methods [1) speedo, 2) GPS and 3) car matched cruising] I have determined my top speed to be 67 mph with no modifications on relatively flat terrain. This has been achieved more than once. The speedo reads accurately.
18g is stock for the 150.
higher weight=slower acceleration
12g, is about optimal for the 150(I don't have a tach but those who do say the 12g"sliders" gets the most out of the available stock 150 power)
You want sliders not weights though, they will work better on the 150.
My pcx when stock got to rev limited 67mph and the speedo was accurate too. 8)
Mgalutia88
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 PCX 150

Post by Mgalutia88 »

Daytona variator, Advance Pro drive face, 12g sliders, takegawa silent sport exhaust, takegawa FIcon2, K&N r-1100 filter on 1.5" I.D. intake hose.
79mph on road, 81mph on stand. 80-82mpg cruising at 70mph. Thinking about heavier weights as I think it can do more. On a PCX 150 using a KN Planning torque driver will increase stand speed to 89mph, however you will not have power to do more than 72-73mph. Thats why I had a Takegawa camshaft delivered today :D
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

Mgalutia88 wrote:Daytona variator, Advance Pro drive face, 12g sliders, takegawa silent sport exhaust, takegawa FIcon2, K&N r-1100 filter on 1.5" I.D. intake hose.
79mph on road, 81mph on stand. 80-82mpg cruising at 70mph. Thinking about heavier weights as I think it can do more. On a PCX 150 using a KN Planning torque driver will increase stand speed to 89mph, however you will not have power to do more than 72-73mph. Thats why I had a Takegawa camshaft delivered today :D
Aah so nice when someone does all the tuning and testing for you and then you just copy the set up.... :lol:
Mgalutia88
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 PCX 150

Post by Mgalutia88 »

Hmm... I wonder who that was??? Thx Vlad ;)
I am running at 8300-8400rpm at wot though so I need to go heavier but not until I replace the cam...

BTW my cam is waiting at the postoffice. They tried to deliver it on Saturday but I wasn't there to sign for it. It shipped from Webike in Japan on Wednesday and was here on Saturday! Another reason I don't really mind paying their shipping cost. Then again I have had things get stuck in customs for three days at times too lol.
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

Mgalutia88 wrote:Hmm... I wonder who that was??? Thx Vlad ;)
I am running at 8300-8400rpm at wot though so I need to go heavier but not until I replace the cam...

BTW my cam is waiting at the postoffice. They tried to deliver it on Saturday but I wasn't there to sign for it. It shipped from Webike in Japan on Wednesday and was here on Saturday! Another reason I don't really mind paying their shipping cost. Then again I have had things get stuck in customs for three days at times too lol.
12.5g in this current state or possibly up to 13g with the cam in...