Comfortable Crusing Speed?

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

JoshM
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015 VStrom 650

Comfortable Crusing Speed?

Post by JoshM »

I'm not too interested in top speed as much as I'm interested in the Forza's comfortable cruising speed.

Sure, I've had my PCX slightly above 70mph (indicated), but that was down a long hill. Typically, I find the PCX cruising comfortably at 45-50mph... struggling 55mph+.

So how about the Forza? I know the top speed in in the ~85mph range, but I'm sure that was in ideal situations for top speed. Is it comfortable cruising at 70-75mph?

I'm trying to narrow my search as I'm currently looking at the Forza, BV350, and Kymco People 300.
I really want the Forza (Honda fanboy) as it checks majority of the boxes on my list. The BV350 is only in second due to cost ($1500 OTD more than Forza).

Thank you in advance!
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Re: Comfortable Crusing Speed?

Post by gn2 »

JoshM wrote:Is it comfortable cruising at 70-75mph?
Yes, absolutely.
Apart from a very slight buzzy vibration.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
alan
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by alan »

if your going to be riding two up and taking long trips you might want to consider a or 400 cc. i like my forza but its pretty wimpy at higher speeds the wind can hold you back a lot. . the 350 and 400 don't look much bigger when parked side by side. riding my forza to work at about 50 mph I get 72 mpg if I go slower get even better. just my two cents. have a great day
powpilot
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by powpilot »

I'm quite comfortable riding at 70 - 75 MPH although I have not done it for longer than about 30 minutes. I wear earplugs, so I don't hear any buzzing, but the bike feels very smooth and steady. We have lots of wind here in the desert and I have never had a problem with it.

Gary
mikecalderone
Regular User
Regular User

Post by mikecalderone »

The Forza will cruise all day at 70-75mph with power to pass at 80-85mph
It ride very smooth.
My Rides:
2017 Suzuki Burgman 650 Executive
2015 Honda CTX700ND

Previous Rides:
2014 Honda Forza 300
2005 Suzuki Burgman 650
2009 Burgman 400
2006 Kawasaki Nomad 1600
2005 Kawasaki Mean Streak 1500
2003 Honda VT750
1992 Honda elite
1986 Kawasaki KZ600 inline 4
1979 Honda CL350
1977 Honda SL125
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

I can't give you a comparative study between the Burgman 400 and the Forza 300, but I can say that when I had my Burgman 400 it had no problem on the freeway in two up form. When I rode it alone, it would have been about the same in cruise as the Forza, unless you wanted to crank up the throttle. Then it could hit 100 fairly quickly, leaving the Forza in the dust. Buying a used one with low mileage would bee the way to go. Under 20,000 miles is low mileage on a Burgman. I have known of some of those getting 120,000 miles beforre having to have an engine overhaul. Just a thought, but if you are looking to ride two up, consider something bigger than the Forza.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
garrup

Post by garrup »

............a consistent 75mph is a lot to ask from a 280cc single cylinder, esp if riding two up.
That passenger, sitting up there in the wind, is going to slow things down when you are pushing a wind. Any wind.
For myself, riding alone, i consider 70mph (prolonged cruising) to be pretty much all this bike should be committed too.
Unless you really don't care about gas mileage or riding flat out when you are doing a bit of grade or wind. These bikes rev high, and do it well, but hey - they're our friend.
You want passing power, two up capability, 80mph touring speeds, then get a V-twin cruiser. I wouldn't, but most do.
rodsterinfl

Post by rodsterinfl »

Great topic. On the comparison info, what about PCX to Forza? If a PCX cruises at 45 with 150cc would it be 65mph with a 279cc? I am curious as a PCX owner I spend quite a bit of time at the 50 mph range.