Forza or the new 2015 pcx 150.I hate shopping for new things

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

mongerhater

Forza or the new 2015 pcx 150.I hate shopping for new things

Post by mongerhater »

I alway get shopper's guilt after every purchase. I am a 26 college student. About to enter my last year of school. I live within Baltimore ( a nice big metro city). The highway that goes around the city in a circle is a 55mph limit. I dont have time for the cross country travel. So my situation is this. I was 99% sure on the pcx150 then I ran across the Forza on the forum and now so on the fence. I do 4 days a week at school. Which is like a 4-5 mile round trip in the city. i work 2 days on the weekend which is 30 miles round trip on the 55mph highway. 1 day where i just sit at home so i had a scooter, ill definitely be just joy riding around on that day.

So in my head, my arguments in my head are the following. Keep in mind that this will be first anything on 2 wheels. My only experience on scooters was my 3 months i spent in Vietnam but its sorta dumb to compare there to here (USA).

PCX is smaller and lighter. Im a 5'6 male at 180lbs. I dont think my girlfriend will ever ride with me. But there is a small chance of her riding it by herself or my roommates and they've already ridden the pcx125 vietnam versions. I was just planning on this being my main form of transportation and letting my gf take the car. the 100+ mpg is just awesome. I just put in $60 of gas into my sonata and wasnt too happy about it. Its seems like such a waste of gas and time to drive 2 miles to my school and try to stake out a parking spot during peak hours 4 days a week. I feel like i could save a ton on gas money with the PCX and I have ALWAY wanted a motorcycle. Someone in the forum did some math and said the PCX can pay for itself in like 30 months. I honestly dont want to buy bigger cruiser models. They are huge, ugly, old looking, and heavy. The price is reasonable for me.

Forza, read that it is the do all scooter. Just the perfect in the middle scooter. But whats hurting is the price. Found one on craiglist for $4500 3 hours away from here. I havent seen either. But it sounds like the Forza isnt too big like other cruisers and small enough to handle city driving. People said the Forza is more comfortable than the PCX but like i said, im only 5'6 and not cross country driving.

Please feel free to add whatever else i've missed.

Sorry for the long read but this is a big investment for someone my age and i dont want regrets. I know this will be Forza bias on this forum so i will be posting in both sections.
2013 Red PCX 150. First and only 2 wheel vehicle
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Re: Forza or the new 2015 pcx 150.I hate shopping for new th

Post by gn2 »

Definitely get a bicycle.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
mongerhater

Post by mongerhater »

2.7 miles to be exact. Bicycle sounds legit except i sometimes have to go to and/or back from school with my girlfriend or roommates. all 5 of us go to the same school
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

Definitely get five bicycles.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

One tandem and a Goodies bike?
Cbus

Post by Cbus »

Go test ride both if you can.
But with what your explaining I think the PCX 150 will be perfect for you if you
Like how she rides. I was originally looking at the PCX 150. I went and rode one
And I didn't feel it was going to be quick enough for around my area. I at least need 70mph
If I get on the highway and the PCX 150 would only do 62mph with me on it. I'm 190lbs 5'10"
I test rode the Forza and fell in love! She can do everything I need her to do. But in your case
I think the PCX 150 will be great! Like I said, test ride both and see what you think!
Good luck!
MichRocks
Regular User
Regular User

Post by MichRocks »

Get the PCX, with the extend-a-mod.
Attachments
apnabrowz-1731582.jpg
apnabrowz-1731582.jpg (77.51 KiB) Viewed 2115 times
MORON
Regular User
Regular User

Post by MORON »

I loved my PCX150. Got Dr Sliders for it and was able to cruise on the highways at 68-70. The PCX is really dependent on wind and weight. City driving with occasional freeway the PCX is the choice. IF you never want to worry about power and freeway compatibility for the long haul then the Forza is the choice. I have had both and I miss my PCX for the sheer MPG but really like the forza for the power. so much lame advice in these forums. 5 bicycles? ummm why not 5 pints then 5 bicycles......
stephen

Post by stephen »

I'm having the same debate. I hate to think "never" when it comes to the interstate, so I'm leaning towards the Forza.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

It comes down to money.
If you can afford a Forza buy one because oerall it is a much better machine than the PCX.
garrup

Post by garrup »

..............the PCX seems ideal for your situation. But only if you can get the Forza out of your head.
If you actually have the bucks, and you've got the Forza stuck in the back of your brain, your just gonna eventually wish you had gotten it.
mongerhater

Post by mongerhater »

I actually ended up picking up a 2013 red pcx150 for $2250, $30 transfer fee, and about $200 in gas and supplies to go pick it up. It only has 160 miles on it.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (620.25 KiB) Viewed 1965 times
forzanator
Year: 2014 forza
Color: Red

Post by forzanator »

It looks very nice! Enjoy it!
stephen

Post by stephen »

Sounds like a good deal.
rodsterinfl

Post by rodsterinfl »

I want to hear the rest of the story monger hater. Now that you have the PCX, does it meet your need or do you think the Forza would've offered you something you are missing need-wise.
mongerhater

Post by mongerhater »

rodsterinfl wrote:I want to hear the rest of the story monger hater. Now that you have the PCX, does it meet your need or do you think the Forza would've offered you something you are missing need-wise.
You will find eventually. I might even blog my journey. The journey of my first 2 wheel vehicle by Steven....It will be interesting seeing how going 35mph almost caused me to freeze to death and it sorta scared and i was alone on the road. So its going to be interesting slowly working up my courage and knownledge. I am registering the bike tomorrow. Probably get my license on tuesday THEN take a course at the end of the month because that is the soonest any class is open
rodsterinfl

Post by rodsterinfl »

I enjoyed my class. Great to hear about future posts. I have owned a PCX for a year and really like it. Though from time to time I want to try other bikes, like the Forza. I think it is not justified to own more than one since only one can be ridden. The PCX meets my need for suburban and town driving very well. Our roads are at most 55mph- most are 45mph. I would not benefit from more speed or power, really as the PCX shoots out from traffic well enough plus it gets about 20 more mpg in real mileage figures. I do have to avoid the Interstate though- it is just too slow. So, it would seem that I cannot justify a different bike though that does not change my interest. The PCX IS THE BEST choice for me but...
GeorgeSK
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 13PCX,15Forza
Color: Both Red

Post by GeorgeSK »

The class was great, but more importantly, the test at the end of the two days got me the RMV motorcycle certification. I took the class first because I was tentative about the whole two-wheel thing. Spending 4 grand on a PCX and then finding out that I didn't really like it was not in the cards. During a break the second morning, the instructor let me take a 125 cc something around the course, and that sold me.

Here in Massachusetts, there are only a few registries that will do motorcycle certification tests, and scheduling them is a nightmare. The MSF course is by far the most expexpidicious way of getting certified, and gets you a break on insurance.

And yes, like Steph, I can hop on a monster motorcycle that I have little idea how to control. What is even crazier, a kid can get a learner's permit and do the same thing with no training or instruction whatsoever. It must be the state's way of applying Darwin's principles.
On my scoot, getting there is WAY more than half the fun!

Please paste this address into a new tab and add yourself to the map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1NlP7xk7KMdJReQnm-iDhldFBdpQ&ll=4.995760578398276%2C0&z=2
but please, don't delete anybody, no matter how badly they deserve deleting :)
Steph
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 150cc
Color: Black PCX

Post by Steph »

Doing the motorcycle skills test was the quickest way for me to get me on my scoot with full privileges. My Hubby did the motorcycle skills test and then later took the course. You must use motorcycles for the course. I was able to use my scooter for the skills test. Glad we have it this way since I don't use a motorcycle. Glad we have the freedom to do it this way! :D