Is this a good price for a new 2013 pcx?

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

mongerhater

Re: Is this a good price for a new 2013 pcx?

Post by mongerhater »

Oh, i wasnt leaning it against the garbage can. Just happened to be there last night when I was hurrying to park it in the rain
2013 Red PCX 150. First and only 2 wheel vehicle
JoshM
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015 VStrom 650

Post by JoshM »

JCVA wrote: Why not use the centerstand instead of leaning it on a garbage can to keep it from tipping over?
Unless that trash can is full of cement, it's not holding up a PCX. There's a side stand on the left side of the PCX.
JCVA
Banned User
Banned User

Post by JCVA »

JoshM wrote:
JCVA wrote: Why not use the centerstand instead of leaning it on a garbage can to keep it from tipping over?
Unless that trash can is full of c There's a side stand on the left side of the PCX.
no shit sherlock
JCVA
Banned User
Banned User

Post by JCVA »

Mel46 wrote:When I bought my Burgman from an individual my insurance company told me that I had 5 days to get it on the policy, in case the company was closed when an individual tried to call. However, that was when I was adding another scooter. For a first buy you should line up your insurance in advance so you will have an idea of the cost. They will need the Vin number as soon as you buy it as well as other information. Have cash ready because many people do not trust checks. Ask the individual how he prefers to be paid before making any assumptions. When I purchased mine, the individual went to the bank with me so that the whole process was less painful. Make sure the previous owner gives you any records and manuals that go with the bike. I doubt that anything at all is wrong with the scooter you are buying, but look it over to make sure, and start it up to be sure it runs. Ask how old the battery is. I am betting that the person either found that the scooter wasn't powerful enough for him or he wanted the newest one and they wouldn't give him a good trade in. That is the problem with bikes in general. Trade in value drops fast, even though the bike is in beautiful condition. I really hope you enjoy that one as much as I am enjoying mine. It is well worth the money you are buying it for.
Do you practice in front of the mirror? Try not to make every single post about yourself. Give it a rest
JoshM
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015 VStrom 650

Post by JoshM »

JCVA wrote: no shit sherlock
Easy, tiger. Ask a stupid question, get a stupid answer.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Okay, whatever! Moving along.....

Congratulations mongerhater, the deed is done and a joyful one it is! Be safe, practice and become one.
Cheers! :P
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
mongerhater

Post by mongerhater »

WhiteNoise wrote:Okay, whatever! Moving along.....

Congratulations mongerhater, the deed is done and a joyful one it is! Be safe, practice and become one.
Thank you. I'm not gonna lie. I took it out for a test drive last night and was just going 35mph and it felt so fast and I was pretty nervous. It just shows how slow vietnam is compared to the states. I'm pretty sure it's just bc I'm not used to it yet. I'll slowly be working up the speed once I get my license
socoguy78
Regular User
Regular User

Post by socoguy78 »

A few weeks ago I bought a new 2013 PCX150 for 2,599, 180 for freight, and 200 for paperwork/titling stuff. About 3,000 total and about $202 for motorcycle registration, tags, plates, and sales tax.
mongerhater

Post by mongerhater »

socoguy78 wrote:A few weeks ago I bought a new 2013 PCX150 for 2,599, 180 for freight, and 200 for paperwork/titling stuff. About 3,000 total and about $202 for motorcycle registration, tags, plates, and sales tax.
I got offered something like that from a dealer on PA which is like 2 hours from here. It was like 2400$ plus $300 for fees and he told me that I would tax and registration of my state but I didn't want to deal with driving all the way up there and deal with the sales person and bought one of craiglist
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

mongerhater wrote:

Thank you. I'm not gonna lie. I took it out for a test drive last night and was just going 35mph and it felt so fast and I was pretty nervous. It just shows how slow vietnam is compared to the states. I'm pretty sure it's just bc I'm not used to it yet. I'll slowly be working up the speed once I get my license
Have you given any thought to taking the MSF course? I recommend it highly. It's worth taking! It helps build your confidence level plus teaches Right from Wrong riding techniques? You stated you need to get your license, Why not do it all at once? Pass the course, get thy license :D
Ride safely, be happy 8)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
mongerhater

Post by mongerhater »

WhiteNoise wrote:
mongerhater wrote:

Have you given any thought to taking the MSF course? I recommend it highly. It's worth taking! It helps build your confidence level plus teaches Right from Wrong riding techniques? You stated you need to get your license, Why not do it all at once? Pass the course, get thy license :D
Ride safely, be happy 8)
I have thought about it. Currently I work 6 days a week so I don't have the time. I was planning to get the license asap then a beginner course that doesn't give a certificate which is cheaper and learn. I only working 6 days a week for like 2-3 more weeks but I don't want to wait that long to legally drive my scooter
dustin91
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Post by dustin91 »

I took the MSF course last July and thought it was well worth it. I knew I wanted a scooter to start, but that I'd eventually get a motorcycle as well. The course can be done on a scooter, if you ask ahead of time and they have one on hand (I'm told many do). But it's worth getting the motorcycle knowledge, because you'll apply it all to the scooter but for the shifting and where the rear brake is. The looking, the steering, the safety aspects... all part of riding anything.
Valiant
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2015
Color: White

Post by Valiant »

mongerhater wrote: I have thought about it. Currently I work 6 days a week so I don't have the time. I was planning to get the license asap then a beginner course that doesn't give a certificate which is cheaper and learn. I only working 6 days a week for like 2-3 more weeks but I don't want to wait that long to legally drive my scooter
Have you rode anything like a scooter on the road before? If not, I'd strongly recommend taking the MSF Basic Rider's Course. Crashes typically happen within the first 6 months of riding, but taking a safety course could put the odds in your favor.

And have you actually looked at the course backlogs? I had to register 3-4 weeks ahead of time just to get my foot in the door. It's up to you if you want to, but I felt the need for some formal instruction given that I've never rode anything like a motorcycle or scooter before.

I would say it's even more important if you don't intend to ride in gear other than your helmet.
flyingzonker
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Post by flyingzonker »

I recently--three weeks ago--bought the exact model you are contemplating. It had 100 miles on it. the price was 2699$ I snapped it up. Before I got out of the door, the 2699 had exploded into 3321.
rodsterinfl

Post by rodsterinfl »

The dealer in my area is selling them for the MSRP. I bought mine just over a year ago- July 2013, not too long after he got them. My deal was an exchange from a purchase a week earlier (bought a barely used 2013 Vino- too slow) and he offered to take it off my hands in full value if I trade/exchanged. I did and he ate some of the fees as both were registered and titled, etc. So, I did not get money off. I walked out with the warranty as well for $4300. I probably paid the most of anyone here! They had to uncrate it as they only had two black ones in the showroom at the time. It had just a couple miles on it.

The school is required in my state. That and the license were $320. The two schools I checked into also required riders to use their equipment- motorcycles only. I asked if I could bring my new scooter and the instructor said no, that it was motorcycle school and I had to learn to ride anything.
Valiant
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Valiant »

Seems a little backasswards. So you essentially need to take a class in order to ride your scooter, but the class requires a motorcycle that would not be provided to you? Might be cheaper to take the class in a neighboring state unless you've got motorcycle rentals nearby.
mongerhater

Post by mongerhater »

Valiant wrote:Seems a little backasswards. So you essentially need to take a class in order to ride your scooter, but the class requires a motorcycle that would not be provided to you? Might be cheaper to take the class in a neighboring state unless you've got motorcycle rentals nearby.
He's saying that they only provide the motorcycles. You have to buy your own equipments that they require. Gloves, boots, a long sleeve shirt or jacket, jeans, a dot approved helmet. So it's like $280+ for the class plus all of those out of your own pocket.
Valiant
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Valiant »

mongerhater wrote:
Valiant wrote:Seems a little backasswards. So you essentially need to take a class in order to ride your scooter, but the class requires a motorcycle that would not be provided to you? Might be cheaper to take the class in a neighboring state unless you've got motorcycle rentals nearby.
He's saying that they only provide the motorcycles. You have to buy your own equipments that they require. Gloves, boots, a long sleeve shirt or jacket, jeans, a dot approved helmet. So it's like $280+ for the class plus all of those out of your own pocket.
It's only $200 for me...mostly because I already bought my gear and plan to wear it anyway :D . Though it may vary by state, as my class technically provides helmets, boots, and gloves. You just need to bring a long sleeve shirt and long pants.