Traded my Harley for a Forza

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

stephen

Traded my Harley for a Forza

Post by stephen »

My Harley Sportster gave me a lot of fun miles, but it was time for something more practical, so I traded it in for a Forza today.

Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Re: Traded my Harley for a Forza

Post by Mel46 »

You are among a growing number of practical riders who want to continue riding but find it easier to handle a scooter than a big motorcycle. Welcome to the forum, and welcome to fun:-)
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
Indyglow
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Post by Indyglow »

Welcome Stephen!!! Aren't there laws or something that specify Harley owners can't even look at scooters? Or acknowledge the existence of scooters? Or something like that?
MichRocks
Regular User
Regular User

Post by MichRocks »

Welcome to the club, Stephen-

I really hope you enjoy it! I am 10 months into ownership, and still can't wait to get on it every single time. Took a 120 mile trip today just for S&G; rained like hell at times, but kept warm and dry in the cab (OK, OK, in rain-gear :D). If you are tall and ever find the bike a bit crowded, take heart; this thread has links to some great resources on easy ways to add leg-room from some creative (and happy) owners. The tall windscreen is a good addition too if you are like me and enjoy some comfort while touring (also discovered it is a good high-speed robin deflector- as an added bonus!).

Safe Journeys.

By the way, where are you located?

Cheers-

Greg
Attachments
btripsm.jpg
btripsm.jpg (537.81 KiB) Viewed 2683 times
powpilot
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by powpilot »

Welcome Stephen ... got about a 1000 miles on my 3 week old Forza and have loved every mile of it. I'm sure you'll enjoy yours as well.

Gary
stephen

Post by stephen »

Thanks for the welcome.

I had a Zuma 125 that I thoroughly enjoyed, but I'd always wanted a Harley Sportster, so I traded the Zuma toward the cost of a Harley. It was a fun bike to ride, but I missed riding a scooter. This time, I wanted a bit more of a scooter than the Zuma, so I thought about the PCX 150 and the Forza. The dealer and I agreed today that he'd take my 2012 Harley 48 for a new Forza. The only extra that I ordered was the larger windscreen, because I plan to occasionally take it on the interstate.

I live Overland Park, KS, which is a suburb of Kansas City. I commute via bicycle and bus, so riding a scooter is just for fun. I have the larger windscreen on order, so that should make the occasional interstate ride a bit more enjoyable.
JoshM
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015 VStrom 650

Post by JoshM »

Ooooh... a 48. The ONLY Harley that does anything for me.

I hope you got some cash on your end. I still see 48s selling for $10k+ around here... even from private sellers.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

JoshM wrote:Ooooh... a 48. The ONLY Harley that does anything for me.

I hope you got some cash on your end. I still see 48s selling for $10k+ around here... even from private sellers.

Closet heterosexuals?
stephen

Post by stephen »

Trying to sell the Harley was a hassle. Craigslist is loaded with motorcycles. I started at $7,500. No responses. I dropped it to $6,900 and I just got low-ballers. I've sold several items on eBay and I have a 100% rating, so I tried that too. However, I couldn't get a bids to get past $6,500. The bike was close to stock with no weird mods (just different slip-on mufflers), so I was disappointed. The Honda dealer must run into people trading in a Harley, so they contacted a local Harley dealer and agreed on something that I never saw. Then, the Honda dealer said to just come on by and we'll do a straight trade. I figured that if I did get the Harley sold for $6,500 and then went to buy the Forza for around $6,000 + tax that it wasn't worth the hassle. I rode in, handed over the keys, drank a soda while they switched the plates, signed away my clean title and I rode home on a nice new scooter.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

People often mistake asking price for selling price.....
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
Cbus

Post by Cbus »

Welcome and congrats on your new Forza! I Love mine! Used to ride motorcycles too a few years back. But Love
riding my scoot. She's really comfy compared to being on a full sized bike. Easy to flick around and gets great gas
mileage.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Welcome aboard the forums stephen! Congrats on purchasing a Forza. I don't have one myself but those that do, really seem to enjoy them. You've come to the right place to exchange thoughts, ideas, ask questions, and have fun (also, expect a wee bit of banter thrown in the mix) :lol:
Saddle up, Enjoy and ride safe!
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

stephen wrote:Trying to sell the Harley was a hassle. Craigslist is loaded with motorcycles. I started at $7,500. No responses. I dropped it to $6,900 and I just got low-ballers. I've sold several items on eBay and I have a 100% rating, so I tried that too. However, I couldn't get a bids to get past $6,500. The bike was close to stock with no weird mods (just different slip-on mufflers), so I was disappointed. The Honda dealer must run into people trading in a Harley, so they contacted a local Harley dealer and agreed on something that I never saw. Then, the Honda dealer said to just come on by and we'll do a straight trade. I figured that if I did get the Harley sold for $6,500 and then went to buy the Forza for around $6,000 + tax that it wasn't worth the hassle. I rode in, handed over the keys, drank a soda while they switched the plates, signed away my clean title and I rode home on a nice new scooter.

It's a harley. I'd be pissed off if I found one
Z-Mac
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Z-Mac »

Welcome Stephen to the forum and hope you enjoy your new ride as much as i do!
stephen

Post by stephen »

I enjoyed my time on my Sportster, but it was time for something new.

The Forza rides nice. The biggest change is remembering that there is not a clutch to squeeze. ;)
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

@ Greg, the above photo you shared is beautiful. Great clarity. "Reach Out & Touch" ;)
just wanted to tell you :)
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
MichRocks
Regular User
Regular User

Post by MichRocks »

"The biggest change is remembering that there is not a clutch to squeeze..."

Yes! I had an oops moment the first time I rode mine, right out of the dealership, on my way home for the first time. At the back of the building, there was an incline, and while preparing to brake, I "pulled in the clutch" without thinking. Stopped pretty fast; totally took me by surprise and almost dropped the bike! I learned very quickly; that only happened once. :o

WN; thanks for the comment. I ride every weekend, and always take cameras, and am starting to load up my systems with photos. Don't know what to do with them all, glad to share some, also happy to know some are appreciated.

What are you doing about your scoot situation; did you replace it, and looking for another, or taking a break for a while?

These scoots, and I mean ALL of them, are simply so much fun I haven't been able to get over it. I rode to Grand Haven Lighthouse and beach on Sunday, and found it a scoot-centric place. Kymcos abound, Chinese scoots being tossed around, saw a wildly painted Helix with an owner with a big grin and matching helmet! I guess beaches and scoots really mix.

Got to see a Burgi 650 up real close for the first time, and talked to its owner, 'Eric'.
burgi.jpg
burgi.jpg (390.38 KiB) Viewed 2476 times
A great guy! Had a good conversation about them; and we rode just a little when I was on the way home. He showed me a back-way out of the traffic leaving the marina...I love the locals!!
I will be back soon.
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

Post by iceman »

Two of my mates at work, who took their CBT the same time, have changed from 125 scoots to 125 bikes as they did not like scoots! (but it helps getting used to gears for the test to get rid of L plates and move to 250cc or such).
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

MichRocks wrote: WN; thanks for the comment. I ride every weekend, and always take cameras, and am starting to load up my systems with photos. Don't know what to do with them all, glad to share some, also happy to know some are appreciated.
What are you doing about your scoot situation; did you replace it, and looking for another, or taking a break for a while?
Speaking of photos!! I too, take far too many. My family cringes when "the" camera appears. Honestly? I can't Help Myself! So, I like you have collected many and now wonder where and what I will do with them. I'll figure that one out......."Someday" :D
Anywho, scoot wise? I'm Scootfree. Been calling three different dealers on a daily basis (we are on a first name basis). Today I was told that I'm cheating on one over the other, by not waiting patiently for "him" to deliver. Another told me to give it a few more days. The last said he bought a 200 burgman from another dealer and has to pick it up. And...the Sprint? Well the Dealer still has to look into getting one. Hmm... :roll:
In closing, I'm Still Waiting to see a 2015 PCX, a 200 Burger and Vespa Sprint. About the Forza, it's wide seat and wide lower body hurt my lower back immediately upon sitting on it. What a shame :(
So, I'm saving while waiting in my Limbo state.
Thanks for asking Greg, and keep those photo's coming!! I love them!!
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

stephen, how ya doing with yer "clutch?" :lol: Getting use to Not having one? Is it too easy to ride?
Now that's Cool! 8)