oil level

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

conv1900
Year: 2013
Color: candy Red

oil level

Post by conv1900 »

Hi
I have a 2013 PCX. when completely drained ,& screen cleaned, it shows way over full on dip stick when I add 1 quart of oil. it is still above top mark with 25oz
of oil. this is warm with stick setting on top of hole as per manual. anyone had this problem? Thanks for your input....GC
Teach someone How to ride safely & enjoy the ride!
Alibally
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2019
Color: Black

Re: oil level

Post by Alibally »

Hello,
Did you drain it from the plug underneath beside the centre stand or just from strainer cap?
If not you might not got all the oil out.
See http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?t=25 for a walk through.
conv1900

Post by conv1900 »

Hi
I drained at oil drain plug with engine warm.....I checked two at Honda power sports & noticed they were the same....the dip stick must be off a little ...Thanks for the reply!
Mgalutia88
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 PCX 150
Color: Red

Post by Mgalutia88 »

You have to drain the bottom and oil filter to empty it completely. Also ALWAYS fill by the dipstick. Don't just dump in what capacity says. The engine dumps the excess oil into the intake.
Slickvic
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Slickvic »

conv1900 wrote:Hi
I have a 2013 PCX. when completely drained ,& screen cleaned, it shows way over full on dip stick when I add 1 quart of oil. it is still above top mark with 25oz
of oil. this is warm with stick setting on top of hole as per manual. anyone had this problem? Thanks for your input....GC

Check your owners manual again. It should say to put in .8Qt, not one Qt.
If you put in a full Quart, then your always going to overfill it.

And remember also Do Not screw the dipstick into the threads when checking the oil. The proper reading will be found when placing the dipstick on top of the threads.
Previous - 1986 Honda Elite 250, 2007 Ninja 500r, 2013 Honda PCX-150
Current - 2015 Honda CBR650F :o
conv1900

Post by conv1900 »

Hi & Thanks'
Yes it was drained at bottom & filter screen. on my manual is states .8 to .9 ML or approx. 1 u.s. quart. the ones I checked at the Honda power sports may have just had a quart installed....Thanks for all the input....GC ( I will adjust by stick)
OriginalRocket
Regular User
Regular User

Post by OriginalRocket »

I've always just added 1 US quart. Makes life so easy. I don't even drain the strainer now that I'm at 11,000 miles.

I DO tilt the scooter on the center stand to get more oil out, and I do let it drain for about 30 minutes as I check other things on the scooter.
chrisdurand

Post by chrisdurand »

wanted to add during the last change i noticed (with the first amount of oil i put in ) that if you look at both sides of the dip stick you will have 2 very different readings......one side will note that the bike is over full ( the underside ) and the other (the upper side) will read that it only has about half. I went with the lesser side (upper side) till i got a full reading on the stick..this was less than a full US Quart..