First month of my pcx 125

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

oldbiker
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2012 non esp
Color: Black is cooler

First month of my pcx 125

Post by oldbiker »

Well it has been a month since I picked up my used pcx 125 and as a returning biker here is some of my impressions. I picked up a 2012 black pcx from a local dealer with 251 miles on the clock. Honda dealer serviced at 234 miles almost a year ago. Now registering over 1050 miles. Not touched the bike apart from routine checks on levels. This weekend I will change the oils.
So what do I think, my last bike over 20 years ago was a 50 cc 2 stroke honda vision so my new pixie is is a bit faster. I use the bike during the week on my daily 36 mile round trip commute, on about 5 mile split rural and city and the remaining 13 miles each way on a busy dual carriageway (A38). The bike is easy to ride but still cautious on bends and roundabouts due to building up confidence on the stock Irc tyres. Cannot fault the response and do use the stop start button. On the carriageway I make reasonable progress at an indicated 55-60 mph and have even overtaken lorries and the odd car. But the biggest shock is the wind buffering,it came with the givi medium screen, it is quite lively at 60 mph with side gusts etc. But a capable bike. Speedo is widely optimistic 67 mph indicated is 60 mph (checked by GPS). I have hit the rev limiter and a strange feeling equivalent to the speed limiter on my crate (Renault Grand Scenic). The bike is nimble and responsive around town and rural and a great little machine. Fuelly on 6 tank fills shows an average of 118 mpg (UK) so impressive. The hump has got to go I am 5' 10" and the hump is in the place were my ass wants to be. I will probably let the dealer do the 2500 service prior to losing the honda warranty then it will be all mine.....no problem apprentice trained diesel fitter. Just dread undoing the plastics.
The bike is not esp it is a WW EX 2 A variant so centre stand is a worry but I do not like leaving it on side stand... so Que sera sera.. The bike is going to remain stock I personally think it has a good set up but like reading the debates on here regarding mods. Wish list humpless seat, top box, rear shocks and possibly a taller givi screen but not sure looking at the various reports on here of the taller screen.

The bike is a good all rounder, great looking with bad points harsh ride over potholes, a bit lively at speed on the carriageway but for the price great. Pixie is stabled outside under a cover and will be used throughout the year to get to work. Love being back on two wheels even in the thunderstorm and torrential rain on the way home tonight. I accept what the bike offers and compared to the others in the 125 scooter range was the best compromise on price, present availability and reliability. So here's to many happy miles.
Ben Lee
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014 (model 13)
Color: Caucasian

Re: First month of my pcx 125

Post by Ben Lee »

oldbiker wrote:So here's to many happy miles.
Hear hear!
A Belgian beer please, I don't like water, that's the shit that rusts my PCX!
Urbanfreestyle
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014 (UK)
Color: Black

Post by Urbanfreestyle »

Loved this review. Very consice and from what i have felt so far riding my loan bike accurate! :)
Honda PCX 125 ESP (Black)
Power:11.7 hp @8500 rpm, Torque:12Nm @5000rpm
Mods: LED sidelights, Yoshimura Exhaust

DEAD: 2013 Piaggio Typhoon 4 stroke 125cc (Black)
Power:9.65 HP @8500 rpm, Torque:8.2Nm @7500 rpm
Mods: Malossi Red foam filter, Hex LED Sidelights, Xenon headlights, USB charging port
Alibally
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2019

Post by Alibally »

Keep the stand pivots well greased and don't sit on the bike on the stand and I'm sure it'll be fine.
Urbanfreestyle
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Urbanfreestyle »

hmm... been thinking as there is a side stand is it necessary to keep the center stand?

Mods: Malossi Red foam filter, Hex LED Sidelights, Xenon headlights, USB charging port
Alibally
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2019

Post by Alibally »

It makes it easier to do maintenance. The oil level is to be checked on the main stand. Also if you want to take a wheel of or anything , or even cleaning it it's a lot better in my opinion.
Urbanfreestyle
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Urbanfreestyle »

Yeah that's a good point! i hate having one of those impulse minds!