Centerstand removed...Weighs 2.75lbs

Drivetrain upgrades, engine upgrades, or any other mods to gain speed or acceleration.

Moderator: Modsquad

mikelx5
Regular User
Regular User

Re: Centerstand removed...Weighs 2.75lbs

Post by mikelx5 »

you will get use to it i ride up and down the interstate almost everyday dont stress adding weight its not worth the trade offs
DISOBEDIENCE CREW
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

dustin, I know what your saying. I agree, the winds, especially gusts Are intimidating. Anyone wanna go sailing? :lol: Itsa combination of things for me, I'm Very aware of my bad back, and my age.
If your young vibrant and healthy, Ya gotta shake it off, "loosen up" "go with the flow" it'll be fine. Pay attention and put to practice what your MSF instructors taught you and Dang It! HAVE FUN!!
:P ;) 8)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
dem0nk1d
Regular User
Regular User

Post by dem0nk1d »

Boo! I'm back been offline for a bit moving to my new house in Escondido, Ca. and pretty much got everything dialed in for the lady. This center stand removal maybe in the works for me this week. The only time I'd really need the stand is for changing out the rear tire and front tire. Which I just did over the week. I installed the biggest and fattest tires our little scoots would let me do.

Here’s an update to the biggest tires you can run if interested.
http://hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=2275&start=20

Back to the topic… Removed center stand to reduce weight… What could be removed effectively?

Pegs
Rear Passenger Grab Handle / Wing
Rear Whale Tail (Fender)
Reflectors
Change out stock handlebars

And that’s pretty much it. I don’t think there is ultimately anything else besides the hideous stock airbox which weighs a ton. Plus it’s a performance robber anyhow. Just my thoughts.
dasshreddar
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: forzaruckuspcx
Color: black

Post by dasshreddar »

Remove your center stand and just use it when working on your bike( it slides right in and you don't need to attach the spring for it to "stand")

You better start taking that weight off with those heavier tires now :lol: .

I actually like having the stock windscreen removed, it looks more "thai mask style" now, and it's heavier than you may think.
There is a lot you can remove, but the very important cosmetic issue comes in to play :lol: .
You would be surprised how many tabs and bolts really aren't needed/ redundant fasteners are on a PCX.
A few parts to remove that would not be noticed are...
rubber drain lines
air canister(not talking about the air box too)
under tray "skid plate"

also remove that stupid exhaust cover/ grind off the 2 mounts...
ScooterMan
Regular User
Regular User

Post by ScooterMan »

*4 lbs for footpegs? Guessing that not just the aluminum pegs then, but some other part that bolts too it for support as well?
*Grab rail removal? I want to keep my bike from looking cannibalized, do you still have the plastic cover on that goes over the rail?
*rear fender? Guessing the entire assy with turn signals prob weighs about 2.5lbs, maybe 3 and in dry weather, is prob not needed.

I hear you on the redundancy of bolts and stuff, but I've yet to peel off all my bodywork to really get a look. I have (2) PCX's.

One is set up for carrying my surfboard/skateboard with a "Carver" moped surf rack and I will not be doing any weight reduction on that or really any mods other than variator/rollers to gain more top speed.

Other PCX is going to be what I use to motor around for fun to visit my wife for lunch, run errands, etc. =)

I really would like to lose the rear fender completely on the one, and trim the license plate and velcro it up under the back if possible, but I may not ever do that. Next best thing would be to take some "L" brackets and mount it just under the brake light somehow.

I guess if you're used to the way a ruckus looks, you wouldn't ming pulling parts off the bike. But I DO like the way the PCX looks.
2015 PCX 150 (White)[/color]
Top speed 76mph(2015) 79mph (2013)with NCY variator & Drive Face
ScooterMan
Regular User
Regular User

Post by ScooterMan »

DasshReddar, can you post up some pics of your scoot, or a link to them? Interested to see how it looks without the windscreen, and your rear fender, etc.
dasshreddar
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: forzaruckuspcx
Color: black

Post by dasshreddar »

ScooterMan wrote:DasshReddar, can you post up some pics of your scoot, or a link to them? Interested to see how it looks without the windscreen, and your rear fender, etc.
check the "gallery" http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=722
ScooterMan
Regular User
Regular User

Post by ScooterMan »

Very cool pics. I know that look is not for everyone, but like how it came together in the end. I'll def pull off and weigh the passenger footpegs, and try pulling off the windscreen too. Although I like that for being able to tuck behind for aero purposes. I fear a loss in top speed due to lack of aero efficiency even if it does save a half pound or even a pound.

But seriously, I'm sure EVERYONE on here is jealous of your bike when it comes time for a valve adjustment!
ScooterMan
Regular User
Regular User

Post by ScooterMan »

Just weighed the left side passenger footpeg...1lb 1.5oz. Not worth removing since it's some work to get to and not that significant of weight savings. I guess I'll keep those on.
Alibally
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2019
Color: Black

Post by Alibally »

I think you should. It's going to make all the difference.
Kalemakapii

Post by Kalemakapii »

dustin91 wrote:Sure, this is my first ride so it's all new to me... but out in the hills of NJ on a windy day, the 150 shows its lightweight-ness.
Where in central Jersey are u from Dustin? I live in Hawaii now but was born and raised in Avenel (Middlesex County).
MaLLoc
Regular User
Regular User

Post by MaLLoc »

kramnala58 wrote:I somehow think that if I am thinking that consciously about excess weight, I'm not really enjoying the bike and maybe it's time to start considering a different ride. The PCX is what it is. Enjoy it!
i tend to highly agree with this , what is really the point of trying to take things off for a few lbs , just take a poop before you go ride , i have a motorcycle for when i want speed and i have the pcx for luxury looks and gas savings