Forza rear shocks

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

garrup

Forza rear shocks

Post by garrup »

We have had some very nice "bonus days" here in southern alberta, so i've been putting some miles on the forza 300.
It appears that the ergonomics of this bike are suitable for a six foot rider, and i doubt i will have to tamper with the nice soft seat back.
The mini fairing does a stellar job, and i wasn't really fighting the wind blast until i reached 120kph with cross winds.

I discovered that the rear shocks were pre-set to a relatively stiff position, which was reflected in the rough jarring action i occasionally experience when the rear wheel encountered rough road. The shock adjustment tool (in the tool kit) worked quite well to change the settings to their lowest tension positions (i won't be riding with a passenger, even for short distances) and i could immediately tell the difference.

So, what's on the road here in southern alberta at the moment? Nothing but big V-twins. Mostly cruisers, choppers and converted touring bikes. I'm guessing the average displacement is about 1400cc, and here i'm riding around with 280cc. Naturally all these big image guys go out of their way to pass me. Its kind of funny. No one wants a scooter in front of them no matter what speed its going.

After several days of counting big V-twins (mostly Harleys) i have not seen even one street sports bike. Pity, cause i find that class quite interesting. I almost bought a CBR500 or NC700 myself. But there nada, none on the road that i could see. As for scoots, i saw one other in the mid or maxi class. Not sure what it was, probably a Burgman or a Kymco.
skuuter
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: Forza rear shocks

Post by skuuter »

V-Twin Cruisers dominate my Area too, but the weather has been so nice lately that "EVERYTHING", Sport Bikes, Touring Bikes, Scooters, Trikes, etc. are now out in numbers....80s and Sunny here in Middle Tennessee..... ;) 8)
Ridin' and Socializin' the Southeastern USA on a 2014 Honda FORZA 300 Scooter...45+ years of Riding averaging 30,000 miles per year...!!!
Hoyt
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Hoyt »

Rear shocks are a real pain for me, im trying to find subtitutes, but nothing apart YSS C302 and no review.
meissinger
Regular User
Regular User

Post by meissinger »

As elsewhere in North America, V-Twin cruisers are the majority of the bikes on the road here in Central California, with a number of crotch rockets -- usually driven like the owner has a death wish, which will probably be fulfilled at some point. However, there are a number of other scoots. Seen two other bright red forzas in the last week, as well as some Bergmans, both red and black PCX's and a number of smaller scoots -- a couple of old red Elite 50s, the other day. :)

Normally, those with the bigger bikes acknowledge me when they're coming from the other direction. I've only once had a larger bike insist on passing me. He pulled up alongside, for a minute, then punched it. I was doing about 50 on surface streets, but I had nothing to prove. :)