Forza accessories?

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

MrSuperchicken1
Regular User
Regular User

Forza accessories?

Post by MrSuperchicken1 »

Was wondering if anyone has found a good deal anywhere on the following items:
child's full face helmet
Tall windscreen
Something to keep the rain from soaking in your seat area (rider's bottom, not the storage area ;-))
aftermarket side mirrors
aftermarket brake levers

And one final question of discussion would be- is it possible to replace the rear wheel with a larger 14 inch?
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Re: Forza accessories?

Post by gn2 »

A selection of windscreens are available from Givi, Ermax, Honda (Ermax) and Shad.
Mirrors and brake levers are pretty much universal.
Children's helmet needs to be sourced locally so you can check fitment.
Any decent pair of waterproof trousers should suffice
No point changing the wheel.
ABS model can't be changed but you might be able to change a non-ABS one if you can find one that will fit.
Totally pointless though.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
willajabir
Regular User
Regular User

Post by willajabir »

You could go with a taller profile tire. Not much room. You can also go up to 150 on width, but much larger than this would take a chance on rubbing the side.
Also take in to account your shock settings and weight or a taller profile tire could be rubbing the storage box on bumpy roads.
The Silverwing tires will fit according to my local mechanic. I've not verified it, as I'm still on original stock.
Larry
2014 NSS300E born on 12/11/13
May the Forza be with you

my Forza pics: http://tinyurl.com/o9hqc4o
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

willajabir wrote:You could go with a taller profile tire. Not much room. You can also go up to 150 on width.
Not recommened if you have ABS.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
willajabir
Regular User
Regular User

Post by willajabir »

gn2,
I'm lacking knowledge with the HOW of ABS. On a cage, the computer compares all tires rotation, but on a motorcycle I thought it only checks the pulse of the rotation sensors.
The tires on the bike are already different size front/back. My Suzuki had ABS and worked fine with a larger profile rear tire with the exception of speedo having a different reading. My local shop has us sign a waiver anytime we install any non-oem item.
I'm really wanting to know and not trying to argue the point. I'd rather have someone post facts over my opinions.
I also understand the "recommended" by manufacturer is to cover their arse when we use non-oem mods :roll:
I can not test this as the ABS version was not available when I purchased my Forza.
Larry
2014 NSS300E born on 12/11/13
May the Forza be with you

my Forza pics: http://tinyurl.com/o9hqc4o
Alibally
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2019
Color: Black

Post by Alibally »

ABS measures the pulses on a car as well, it's just you can't see the pickup rings. Regardless of where they are fitted or how they work changing the tyre size will affect the speed sensors. If both tyres are changed and as long as the rotational speeds are the same it won't make a lot of difference, but the speedo might read incorrectly. It's when one tyre is changed it's were the problems start. The abs system compares the wheel speeds and when it sees one stopped that's were it releases the brake pressure on that wheel.

There is a bit of tolerance in the system for various reasons, eg. You might have a new tyre on one axle and a worn one on the other so the speeds would differ slightly if it had either 2 new or 2 used tyres.

If the system is reasonably sensitive it might not matter too much unless the tyres are excessively different. Wrong tyre sizes on one axle are more of a problem at higher speeds as the faster you go the speed difference is magnified and it could give a fault in the ABS system if the specs are out due to implausible wheel speeds.
Sometimes in cars it manifests itself withe the cruise control stops working at high speeds and the ABS warning light coming on.