Hello

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Boxster1

Hello

Post by Boxster1 »

Just wanted to register and thank all members for their valuable insights into all things pcx. Just bought a new pcx scoot ,installed a honda rear rack, ( thanks "pcx commuter" for the excellent tutorial) and am preparing to haul it off to the Keys as this northeast winter has gotten to me!
Mgalutia88
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 PCX 150
Color: Red

Re: Hello

Post by Mgalutia88 »

Yup, it doesn't take much this year for sure...
Ratster
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Ratster »

You do know that we will be expecting pictures :D
Mgalutia88
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 PCX 150

Post by Mgalutia88 »

Pictures especially if you stay for Fantasy Fest. You can skip pictures of all those damn roosters they have running around though.
Indyglow
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013

Post by Indyglow »

Hello Boxster1, where in northeast PA are you? I used to live in Northumberland County area.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Mgalutia88 wrote:Pictures especially if you stay for Fantasy Fest. You can skip pictures of all those damn roosters they have running around though.
Welcome Northerner, good choice in scoots and excellent choice getting the heck outta here! Nasty winter this year.
I'm laughing over what Mgalutia88 said, "those damn roosters" :lol: Tis true! They're everywhere :lol: If you check out Ernest Hemingway's abode there's a good chance you'll see a few "Six Toed Cats" wandering about...... Pictures please! :D
A good place to get a bite to eat? Crabby Dick's. Make sure to sit upstairs so you can overlook Duval St. I got myself a t-shirt there and I always get comments on it, "Don't mess with me, I'm Crabby!" I could easily sell them by the dozens here! No joke. Of course there's the outstanding sunsets especially at the "Southern Most Point" (0 miles) Key West....just keep your camera clicking :P
Have Fun!! Check in from time to time...you know, to rub it in! :D
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by maddiedog »

Drive safe! Now's not a good time to be going through the South, we're completely iced over. :lol:
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

Yes we are. We keep up with my wife's relatives still in PA, but she left State College half a lifetime ago. Warmer in the South, but we get the ice storms to beat all ice storms. Why can't we just get regular old snow? :-? Last week everything came to a standstill due to the ice mixed with the snow, so this time, sparing us from the snow, Mother Nature just gave us the ice.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
Boxster1

Post by Boxster1 »

Thanks for the warm welcomes. Got to tell you it may take a while to get the hang of navigating this forum, but I'll try. Don't know how to reply individually but in response to mel46 I have to mention that I bought my pcx from Track and Trail in State College off an ad on cycle trader both of which I Highly recommend to other potential buyers looking for a good deal. It was a bit of a drive from my home In Honesdale but the local honda dealer was out.
Sad to say ,after some on line searching ,I won't be in the Keys for Key West Fantacy Fest which I found looks interesting,but is in October .Oh well,
White Noise, Mag 88 et. al.I'll attempt a pic or two of bike and sunsets and other Key oddities as they arise. U