PCX's ECU

Drivetrain upgrades, engine upgrades, or any other mods to gain speed or acceleration.

Moderator: Modsquad

Cascanciu
Regular User
Regular User

PCX's ECU

Post by Cascanciu »

Hi there!. Has anyone dismantled or gained access to the guts of the PCX's ECU?. For a start I still don't know where it's located (some googleing will educate me on that, I know), but then, what I'd like to know is what's inside, and for a reason.

I have a good friend who's some kind of chiptuning wizard. He does that for a living (among other things) and in fact, he has remapped my car with outstanding results. Well, my car and heaps of others, including racing cars. I trust him 100%.

Thing is, depending on what's inside the PCX's ECU, there's a chance that the ECU's management software is "readable". Then we'd need to have a flashable memory (e-eprom) in order to edit that software and flash it back to the ECU. Why?. Well, you could install aftermarket parts and get the most of them, or just remove the electronic restriction that prevents us from going any further than 100 kph, even when you can feel that the engine still could push a bit more.

Inputs appreciated
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Re: PCX's ECU

Post by maddiedog »

PCXdemon has replaced his ECU, he'll probably be helpful. There's a lot of aftermarket ones available, so the stock one may not be flashable.
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

maddiedog wrote:PCXdemon has replaced his ECU, he'll probably be helpful. There's a lot of aftermarket ones available, so the stock one may not be flashable.
No one has touched original computer but rather have made fully editable ecu by pass modules that you can tune at home on a laptop. I had a Kitaco ecu that was very easy to go in to and edit around but you really need a dyno or something for a road tuning to get it right and also Chameleon has E-Braker that is the same thing...
In my opinion there is no point doing anything with either of those two unless you go big bore kit to compensate for the stock ecu short fall otherwise stock ecu can cope with a lot of changes like, aftermarket exhaust,pod filter even going on to a 30mm throttle body upgrade,you just need to disconnect your battery for 5 min after you install something so comp resets itself and re-learns new parameters.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Pcxdemon wrote:
maddiedog wrote:PCXdemon has replaced his ECU, he'll probably be helpful. There's a lot of aftermarket ones available, so the stock one may not be flashable.
No one has touched original computer but rather have made fully editable ecu by pass modules that you can tune at home on a laptop. I had a Kitaco ecu that was very easy to go in to and edit around but you really need a dyno or something for a road tuning to get it right and also Chameleon has E-Braker that is the same thing...
In my opinion there is no point doing anything with either of those two unless you go big bore kit to compensate for the stock ecu short fall otherwise stock ecu can cope with a lot of changes like, aftermarket exhaust,pod filter even going on to a 30mm throttle body upgrade,you just need to disconnect your battery for 5 min after you install something so comp resets itself and re-learns new parameters.
Or you can just potter along at the bikes design limits.
Cascanciu
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Cascanciu »

Well, my thought was that with the proper knowledge (case of a person like my mate) it would be possible to locate any map that has to do with the speed limiter, edit it and see what happens. Some say the restriction is electronic and others think it has to do with the variator, it would be a good way of finding out.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Cascanciu wrote:Well, my thought was that with the proper knowledge (case of a person like my mate) it would be possible to locate any map that has to do with the speed limiter, edit it and see what happens. Some say the restriction is electronic and others think it has to do with the variator, it would be a good way of finding out.

It's a laughable slow scooter. It'll never really blow the doors of anything

Even with a mate with a laptop
Cascanciu
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Cascanciu »

you you wrote:
Cascanciu wrote:Well, my thought was that with the proper knowledge (case of a person like my mate) it would be possible to locate any map that has to do with the speed limiter, edit it and see what happens. Some say the restriction is electronic and others think it has to do with the variator, it would be a good way of finding out.

That's for sure ;) , but there is the fun factor in it, isn't it?. He wouldn't charge me for that and we boys like our toys, don't we?. I
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Cascanciu wrote:
you you wrote:

That's for sure ;) , but there is the fun factor in it, isn't it?. He wouldn't charge me for that and we boys like our toys, don't we?. I

Fair enough. They joys of fiddling
cessna151
Regular User
Regular User

Post by cessna151 »

The PCX 150 has such a strong power curve from 0-35mph, it might be interesting if you could mellow the low end down just a bit to squeeze a few more MPG out it.
dem0nk1d
Regular User
Regular User

Post by dem0nk1d »

My pcx 150 stops at 65mph. Either hitting a rev-limited or speed governor. Any way to bypass this without having to upgrade to a ECU bypass add-on?
Mgalutia88
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 PCX 150
Color: Red

Post by Mgalutia88 »

Put simply, replace your variator.
dem0nk1d
Regular User
Regular User

Post by dem0nk1d »

Mgalutia88 wrote:Put simply, replace your variator.
That's usually the first mod i do. Then exhaust and intake.
hatari
Regular User
Regular User

Post by hatari »

you you wrote:
Pcxdemon wrote:
Or you can just potter along at the bikes design limits.
i'm all for that.....
dem0nk1d
Regular User
Regular User

Post by dem0nk1d »

there is a company that makes a total standalone ECU for the Zuma 125. It's possible they may have something for the PCX. I'd have to check.

http://www.aracer-speedtek.com/webnews/ ... ducte.html
dem0nk1d
Regular User
Regular User

Post by dem0nk1d »

Also another note, i know this module

http://www.steadygarage.com/store/two-w ... -yamaha-c3

has been used on the new EFI Honda met, by a fellow at Steadygarage. So this maybe a cheap solution to get a little bit more power out the pcx.